GOD OWES ISRAEL NOTHING - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

GOD OWES ISRAEL NOTHING - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Post #1

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Israel's inheritance is a discussion among Christians where there is much debate. But that's only because they are not looking at everything the Bible has to say on the matter. Here we find the first promise God made to Abraham regarding Israel's inheritance of the land.

Genesis 12:7 (KJV 1900)
And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

And then God reiterates this promise referring to the land of Canaan, also known as the promised land.

Genesis 15:18–21 (KJV 1900)
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: 19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, 20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, 21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

But then we find another promise that many think is the same promise because it's found within the same chapters of Genesis 12 -18. But if you look closer, you'll notice that the above promises God made to Abraham only include "his seed". But in these next promises, you'll notice that now God is going to include not only Abraham's seed, but also Abraham himself and well as making this covenant an everlasting covenant. Quite differently from the first set of promises. Take a look.

Genesis 13:14–16 (KJV 1900)
And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. 16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

Genesis 17:7–8 (KJV 1900)
And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Now, understanding the difference between these two promises makes all the difference in the world when trying to determine if the physical nation of Israel today still has to inherit the land as promised by God. When we study this, we discover 2 things, God's first promise to the nation of Israel alone, has already been fulfilled in its entirety and God now owes them nothing.

Joshua 21:43–45 (KJV 1900)
And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. 44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand. 45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

1 Kings 8:55–56 (KJV 1900)
55 And he stood, and blessed all the congregation of Israel with a loud voice, saying, 56 Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

Nehemiah 9:7–8 (KJV 1900)
7 Thou art the LORD the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham; 8 And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous:

God's promise to the physical nation of Israel was unconditional, but their ability to stay in the promised land was certainly conditional in nature. And because they were soon rebellious against God, they began a cycle of being kicked out and then brought back, until God finally gave them over to the king of Babylon. But the second promise to Abraham and to his seed to inherit the land of Canaan forever, is spiritual in nature and has yet to be fulfilled, but not with the physical nation of Israel, but with the spiritual nation of Israel, the Israel of God, made up of every true believer that ever lived from every nation around the world. We know this because Abraham never inherited the land he was promised, he only lived in it as a stranger.

Hebrews 11:8–10 (KJV 1900)
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Abraham knew that it wasn't the physical land of Canaan that God had in view to be an everlasting possession because this world is not going to be everlasting, but will be destroyed at the last day. Abraham was looking for a spiritual fulfilment of this promise for himself and for his seed, which are all those who are in Christ.

Galatians 3:29 (KJV 1900)
And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Here we can see that the physical nation of Israel has nothing to do with the spiritual promise made to Abraham and to his seed forever. This land of Canaan is the new earth which shall be made by God after this creation is destroyed. And the heirs of this land are the true children of God, from every tongue, tribe and nation.

Can you see the difference between the physical historical promise and the spiritual promise yet to be fulfilled?

Avoice
Guru

Re: GOD OWES ISRAEL NOTHING - THE SPIRITUAL REASON WHY

Post #2

Post by Avoice »

How could you possibly forget the reason why it is about Jesus. You only quoted a fraction of Galatians. Here is the foolish proof that it points to Jesus:

The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE:

“The shepherd had 20 sheeps”

The word “sheeps” is not the plural of sheep in English.

Paul makes the claim that the promises were to one person- one seed. That if it was about more than one it would say ‘’seeds”. But since it doesn’t it is about one person.

What else does Paul say in Galatians “who bewitched you…?”
Well, he fooled you. The plural of seeds in Hebrew is seed. Not seeds. Of course it doesn’t say seeds. And we who speak English will never say sheeps. Paul has convinced you its about Jesus and his proof is based on a lie

So now what? What do you think of Paul now? He has you defending him with nonsense. He has been dishonest. He has committed a theological crime. His whole ‘promise’ speech is planted in this so-called evidence of it not saying “seeds”. On a word that does not exist in Hebrew.

A person who believes Paul sounds as intelligent as a person who would say the following:
“The rancher that said he had 20 sheep really only had 1. Because he said sheep not sheeps.”

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Avoice wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:01 pm How could you possibly forget the reason why it is about Jesus. You only quoted a fraction of Galatians. Here is the foolish proof that it points to Jesus:

The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE:

“The shepherd had 20 sheeps”

The word “sheeps” is not the plural of sheep in English.

Paul makes the claim that the promises were to one person- one seed. That if it was about more than one it would say ‘’seeds”. But since it doesn’t it is about one person.

What else does Paul say in Galatians “who bewitched you…?”
Well, he fooled you. The plural of seeds in Hebrew is seed. Not seeds. Of course it doesn’t say seeds. And we who speak English will never say sheeps. Paul has convinced you its about Jesus and his proof is based on a lie

So now what? What do you think of Paul now? He has you defending him with nonsense. He has been dishonest. He has committed a theological crime. His whole ‘promise’ speech is planted in this so-called evidence of it not saying “seeds”. On a word that does not exist in Hebrew.

A person who believes Paul sounds as intelligent as a person who would say the following:
“The rancher that said he had 20 sheep really only had 1. Because he said sheep not sheeps.”
The first thing to understand about the scriptures is that these aren't Paul's words, they are God's words. And the second thing is that the Bible is a book like no other written by God. In this book, God takes the "wisdom" of men and turns it to foolishness on purpose so as to let them believe in their own errors and so be deceived.

1 Corinthians 1:18–21 (KJV 1900)
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by (their own) wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:27 (KJV 1900)
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

This means that when someone decides to do as you have done and bring forth a grammatical correction in order to discredit any part of the Bible, that what God has said in his word about confounding the wise, remains true. Furthermore, the grammatical comparison you made between "seed" and "sheep" is like comparing apples and oranges because neither in the Hebrew, nor in the Greek, nor in our English language, is the word "sheeps" used to describe more than one sheep. But in the Greek and in the English, the words for "seed" does have a plural form, it's "seeds". I would take the time to explain what God means by what he said regarding "seed" and "seeds" in the Bible, but I have a feeling you're not interested in an explanation. Furthermore, the New Testament is where God speaks of seeds versus seed which is in the Greek language. So, it doesn't matter that there is no Hebrew word for "seeds" in the Old Testament Hebrew because when God quotes it from the Old Testament in the book of Galatians, he quoted it correctly as "seed", but then goes on to explain what he meant by "seed" (since the Hebrew word for seed can mean both singular or plural). He explains that he didn't mean "seeds" as of many, but "seed" as of one, which is Christ.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #4

Post by Brightfame52 »

ed ram
But then we find another promise that many think is the same promise because it's found within the same chapters of Genesis 12 -18. But if you look closer, you'll notice that the above promises God made to Abraham only include "his seed". But in these next promises, you'll notice that now God is going to include not only Abraham's seed, but also Abraham himself and well as making this covenant an everlasting covenant. Quite differently from the first set of promises. Take a look.

And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. 16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Very Good observation, I agree, when Abraham himself was promised the Land, it had a spiritual heavenly meaning, not the physical Heb 11:8-9;13-16

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #5

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:33 am ed ram

And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. 16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Very Good observation, I agree, when Abraham himself was promised the Land, it had a spiritual heavenly meaning, not the physical Heb 11:8-9;13-16

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

That's correct. God's promise to Abraham and to his seed (meaning Christ) has yet to be fulfilled and will be fulfilled when Gid destroys this creation and creates the new heavens and new earth. And because God's children are Christ's, then we are heirs with Abraham.

Galatians 3:29 (KJV) 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #6

Post by Brightfame52 »

ed ramos
That's correct. God's promise to Abraham and to his seed (meaning Christ)
Correct, and His Church because Christ and His Church are One Gal 3:29

And yes all will be fulfilled when Jesus comes back, Peter writes 2 Pet 3:10-13

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #7

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:23 pm ed ramos
That's correct. God's promise to Abraham and to his seed (meaning Christ)
Correct, and His Church because Christ and His Church are One Gal 3:29

And yes all will be fulfilled when Jesus comes back, Peter writes 2 Pet 3:10-13

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
At the risk of breaking this agreement streak, we're you aware that the Bibke speaks of two types of church? There is the earthly church which are made up of both sheep and wolves in sheep's clothing. And then there is the eternal church, which is the church which God speaks of that the gates of hell shall not prevail against.

This same truth is taught with Israel. There are two types of Israel's in the Bible and two types of Jews. The spiritual Jews which make up the Israel of God.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #8

Post by Brightfame52 »

eddie
There is the earthly church which are made up of both sheep and wolves in sheep's clothing. And then there is the eternal church, which is the church which God speaks of that the gates of hell shall not prevail against.
I can agree with that, Yet I believe God will effectually call out of the wordly church, His Sheep, to seperate Rev 18:4

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

This is a effectual call
This same truth is taught with Israel. There are two types of Israel's in the Bible and two types of Jews. The spiritual Jews which make up the Israel of God.
Yes,I believe the Spiritual Jews/Israel of God is the Church, the Body of Christ. What about you ?

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #9

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:08 am eddie
There is the earthly church which are made up of both sheep and wolves in sheep's clothing. And then there is the eternal church, which is the church which God speaks of that the gates of hell shall not prevail against.
I can agree with that, Yet I believe God will effectually call out of the wordly church, His Sheep, to seperate Rev 18:4

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

This is a effectual call
Yes,I believe the Spiritual Jews/Israel of God is the Church, the Body of Christ. What about you ?
Before I get into your question, I'd like to know what you believe the eternal church (true believers) will be doing after they obey God's command to leave the churches of the world.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #10

Post by Brightfame52 »

ed ramos
Before I get into your question, I'd like to know what you believe the eternal church (true believers) will be doing after they obey God's command to leave the churches of the world.
Serving God wherever His Providence has placed them. So do you believe the Israel of God and the Church, the Body of Christ are the same ?