Prince Harry's Wife

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Prince Harry's Wife

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

Meghan Markle is again in the headlines, on the anniversary of Princess Diana's tragic death. Excellent move to grab attention yet again.
Markle is an intriguing woman. What is it she wants and is she achieving it?

My own opinion is that Harry has made a very bad mistake marrying her, she seems to have a giant ego. I never hear anyone speak well of her. This is a great pity as Harry seems a good man who is being led by his love for his wife.

In contrast I absolutely like and respect Prince William's wife Kate who is perfect as wife, mother and a future Queen.

Of course we cannot know what the truth is behind closed doors.

Rose2020
Scholar

Re: Prince Harry's Wife

Post #11

Post by Rose2020 »

I am merely fascinated by Meghan Markle's delusional huge ego. It is actually pathetic as she has earned the dislike of so many. Most people I know are irritated by her and they pity Prince Harry. Who would wish a wife like that on any man?
One thing she makes a big deal of is her colour. Nobody else is bothered. It is hard for anyone to deal with someone who is so ready to make an issue of their race in everything. In fact it is her actions and talking that are the problem. Playing the race card gets wearisome after a while. It is character that counts and respect needs to be earned. She is a giant attention seeker.

Maybe I am mistaken but I cannot think of anything worthwhile she has ever done. Even as an actress she was but adequate.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #12

Post by oldbadger »

Inquirer wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:56 am
I find it impossible to pity a man who has benefitted all his life from so much privilege. Privilege exclusively defined in law for one particular family.

The Royal Family should promptly be forcibly taxed with specially enacted laws just as they are protected from some taxes today by specially enacted laws.

Theirs is a family of privileged inbreeders who leech of the people of Britain.
Harry? He's served in the military in Afghanistan, and dumped his titles and all royal privileges.
He's done what you might have done if you had been born a royal....no?

No good?

oldbadger
Guru

Post #13

Post by oldbadger »

Miles wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:15 pm
I don't follow Meghan, Kate, or any other member of the royal family so I can't reasonably address her wants, but isn't it possible that it isn't Meghan who is seeking to "grab attention yet again," but merely your English tabloids who are fabricating issues or at least blowing them out of proportion? To most Americans, the English press appears to leave a lot to be desired.
Hi........... Yes, Harry and Meghan need to be allowed to live their lives together and (if possible) away from press interference, so long as they don't seek it when it suits them.

But don't knock the English press too badly.... I don't know where you live but I'll bet your own press is rubbish 'n' all.... :D

Q. Is there any popular British newspaper that is not a tabloid?
I think they are all tabloids....... most realised in recent decades that full-spread newspapers are utterly blooming daft, unreadable without a large table to lay them on.
Or do you mean 'tabloid' within some definition about low quality? I haven't bought a newspaper in years but please would you tell me which paper is the best for honest accurate news where you live.
That would be most interesting because I don't know.....honest.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #14

Post by oldbadger »

Athetotheist wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:34 pm [Replying to Miles in post #3
To most Americans, the English press appears to leave a lot to be desired.
To most of the world, our American press leaves a lot to be desired.
Come on...! They've got Fox News...... !! :D

oldbadger
Guru

Post #15

Post by oldbadger »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:19 am (US.....) Coverage of the two-party system's service to corporate interests, coverage of Jewish organizations which oppose Israel's occupation of Palestine, coverage of third-party and Independent political campaigns, coverage of the ways in which both MAGA fanaticism and Woke extremism undermine working-class solidarity.....
Our press seems quite balanced, compared with US (and UK) press cuttings that I see on the internet.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #16

Post by oldbadger »

Tcg wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:56 am
I see these names in my news feeds at about the same frequency is see the Kardashians mentioned. Why should I care about either family?
Tcg
Yes..... No need. But that's me... I don't follow any actors', singers', celebrities' or politicians lives at all....... fortunately my wife knows all the names and so I can ask her, and she can tell me.
But I could name at least ten actors...oh yes I could! *feeling proud*

Tcg
Savant

Post #17

Post by Tcg »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:26 am
Tcg wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:56 am
I see these names in my news feeds at about the same frequency is see the Kardashians mentioned. Why should I care about either family?
Tcg
Yes..... No need. But that's me... I don't follow any actors', singers', celebrities' or politicians lives at all....... fortunately my wife knows all the names and so I can ask her, and she can tell me.
But I could name at least ten actors...oh yes I could! *feeling proud*
Yep. And I'm at that age where I wonder, what's the name of that new actor and then realize they've been making movies for twenty years. I could probably name ten actors as well, but most of them would be dead. Oh wait, Harrison Ford, he's still alive right?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

oldbadger
Guru

Post #18

Post by oldbadger »

Tcg wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:58 am
Yep. And I'm at that age where I wonder, what's the name of that new actor and then realize they've been making movies for twenty years. I could probably name ten actors as well, but most of them would be dead. Oh wait, Harrison Ford, he's still alive right?

Tcg
Ha ha! Yep..... that's me as well......
I did join my wife this morning to watch the naval gun carriage being drawn from Parliament to Westminster abbey, followed by a massed brigade of bagpipes and drums, all at the slow-march. That was it for me, because then the coffin was carried in to the Abbey and Bishops started on about Paul's letters and John's ideas, and that was me, outside and cutting a huge armchair in half for easier carriage on its last journey to the dump tomorrow morning.

But those massed pipes.....just, 'wow'! I can see why many an enemy has turned and retreated in the face of that sound.