Evil thoughts?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

historia
Prodigy

Evil thoughts?

Post #1

Post by historia »

Is it evil, or wrong, for someone to fantasize about molesting children if he never acts on it?

William
Savant

Re: Evil thoughts?

Post #41

Post by William »

[Replying to Miles in post #40]
Which opinion are you talking about?
The opinion that the percentage wasn't big. The opinion implies that it is not something to argue about or use as argument for any particular position on whatever matter the opinion is arguing against.

Miles
Savant

Post #42

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:32 pm [Replying to Miles in post #40]
The opinion that the percentage wasn't big. The opinion implies that it is not something to argue about or use as argument for any particular position on whatever matter the opinion is arguing against.
I don't see any such opinion. Care to point it out?

William
Savant

Post #43

Post by William »

Miles wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:12 pm

No. If you don't see the comment which was pointed out, as an opinion - that is fine by me.

Miles
Savant

Post #44

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:05 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:12 pm

No. If you don't see the comment which was pointed out, as an opinion - that is fine by me.
Image He! he! Couldn't find it, could you. Because it doesn't exist. Image

....... In any case, have a good day.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by boatsnguitars »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:32 pm
historia wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:06 pm Is it evil, or wrong, for someone to fantasize about molesting children if he never acts on it?
YES! According to the bible God views both thoughts and actions that are contrary to his will and purpose as sins and sins by biblical definition are wrong.

Which is why - again - I point out that Christians are the worst at Moral Values. No wonder so many Pedophiles become priests and molest children - they figure "If I think it and it's a sin, I might as well get my sick pleasure and then repent for actually doing it!"

Christianity is truly awful.

Think about it. It's also wrong to murder - therefore, every writer of a Hollywood blockbuster action film is guilty of thinking of murdering people. Where does this Mind Police stop?

In fact, I bet JW needs to ask for forgiveness just thinking about the problem I've mentioned. Isn't he thinking of diddling kids right now? He is now that I've mentioned it! Doh!

BTW, I hope the OP isn't a cry for help. Regardless, to everyone: please don't molest children. Seriously. Don't do it.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #46

Post by JehovahsWitness »

boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:33 am
Think about it. It's also wrong to murder - therefore, every writer of a Hollywood blockbuster action film is guilty of thinking of murdering people. ... In fact, I bet JW needs to ask for forgiveness just thinking about the problem I've mentioned.
Unless you are employing mind reading capacities it might be best on a debate forum to refrain foundless speculation on individual posters. I personally follow a policy of debating the topic not the poster.

Questions for a specific user: viewforum.php?f=26
If however you would like to know more about my personal beliefs on sin and forgiveness with regard to my own thoughts and feelings , feel free to ask me direcrly on a more appropriate subforum. I will certiainly consider posting a reply.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #47

boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:33 am ... I point out that Christians are the worst at Moral Values.
I'm curious as to what data you use to support this conclusion; some comparitive studies on morals perhaps?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #48

Post by boatsnguitars »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:04 am
boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:33 am ... I point out that Christians are the worst at Moral Values.
I'm curious as to what data you use to support this conclusion; some comparitive studies on morals perhaps?
I am talking about Christian Apologists, Christian "Philosophers," Christian Clergy, Christian Adherents and any other Christian with regard to understand how Moral Values work, what they are, how they are enforced - the whole concept of Divine Command Theory, or any Moral Theory based on Theism. It's not coherent. Please join the thread if you wish to discuss it, but the fact is, Christians are horrible at moral values.

Individually, some Christians may be good but it's probably by accident.
― Omar Khayyâm

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #49

boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:10 am
I am talking about Christian Apologists, Christian "Philosophers," Christian Clergy, Christian Adherents and any other Christian ...
Understood. Do you have any supportive comparitive verifiable data or peer reviewed studies on " Christian Apologists, Christian "Philosophers," Christian Clergy, [and ] Adherents" so we can examine whether your conclusion that said groups {quote} "are the worst at Moral Values" ? In short can you support your claim with anything but personal opinion?

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #50

Post by boatsnguitars »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:26 am
boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:10 am
I am talking about Christian Apologists, Christian "Philosophers," Christian Clergy, Christian Adherents and any other Christian ...
Understood. Do you have any supportive comparitive verifiable data or peer reviewed studies on " Christian Apologists, Christian "Philosophers," Christian Clergy, [and ] Adherents" so we can examine whether your conclusion that said groups {quote} "are the worst at Moral Values" ? In short can you support your claim with anything but personal opinion?
I'm curious, are you now suggesting that your standard is peer-reviewed studies and comparitive verifiable data when determining the value of things? Because I have to say it would put your religion on shakey ground and you sound more like a scientist?

I'm sure you will say, "No, but you claim to care about those things" - which is true, and so I do have those things that you ask for - but I imagine you will reject them. After all, you reject scientific claims that people don't come back from the dead after rigor mortis sets in - yet you believe it.

So, please be frank - are you now admitting those are the standard?
― Omar Khayyâm