Seems Jesus Was Just Keeping Up With The Τζόουνς (Jonses)

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Seems Jesus Was Just Keeping Up With The Τζόουνς (Jonses)

Post #1

Post by Miles »

List of the Gods throughout history who are said to have been crucified, died and resurrected before Jesus .

OSIRIS
An Egyptian, Ethiopian, Sudanese God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 5,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HORUS
An Egyptian, Ethiopian, Sudanese God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 3,000 YEARS before Jesus.

BUDDHA
An Indian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 600 YEARS before Jesus.

KRISHNA
An Indian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 900 YEARS before Jesus..

ZARATHUSTRA
An Iranian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 1,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HERCULES
A Greek God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 800 YEARS before Jesus.

MITHRA
An Iranian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 600 YEARS before Jesus.

DIONYSUS
A Greek God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 500 YEARS before Jesus..

THAMMUZ
A Babylonian God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 2,000 YEARS before Jesus.

HERMES
A Greek God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 200 YEARS before Jesus.

ADONIS
A Phoenician God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected 200 YEARS before Jesus.
source

Seems that back then no self respecting god could die without being crucified and resurrecting. So when Jesus's demise was at hand his biographers, who couldn't have him bested by his predecessors, simply followed suit.

JESUS CHRIST
A Hebrew God. He was said to have been crucified, he died and resurrected in 30 AD or 33 A.D.

Miles
Savant

Re: Seems Jesus Was Just Keeping Up With The Τζόουνς (Jonses)

Post #11

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:09 am
Miles wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:34 pm ...
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ["This is John's meaning when he says that Jesus is the Word. He meant that Jesus is the physical manifestation of God the Father," i.e. Jesus is god.]
source

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

John 10:30

I and the Father are one.”

John 20:28
Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Hebrews 1:8

But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

Matthew 1:23

“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

Isaiah 44:6

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
So, the whole idea about Jesus being the God seems to be based on interpretations that may work, if one ignores most of what is said in the Bible.
Nope, because deciding the truth of anything in the Bible based on how frequently it's mentioned would be stupid beyond belief. All that can be reasonably said is that the Bible claims both that Jesus was god and that Jesus was not god, and no one is in any position to cherry pick the correct answer. So as it stands, either god is an incompetent spokesman, or that he delights in confounding his followers. My guess is the latter. After all, just look at all the contradictions he's filled His Bible with.

................................... Image

Savant

Post #12

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:59 pm ....
All that can be reasonably said is that the Bible claims both that Jesus was god and that Jesus was not god, and no one is in any position to cherry pick the correct answer. ...
Only if you interpret it so.

Miles
Savant

Post #13

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:06 am
Miles wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:59 pm ....
All that can be reasonably said is that the Bible claims both that Jesus was god and that Jesus was not god, and no one is in any position to cherry pick the correct answer. ...
Only if you interpret it so.
Assuming you would agree that the verses I listed were accurately conveyed, and do, in fact, say Jesus is god---after all, that is what they say---and that there are other verses that say differently, I can only suppose that what you deem worthy of interpretation is my comment, "no one is in any position to cherry pick the correct answer." So, evidently you believe there is someone in a position to cherry pick the correct answer. Yes? If so who might (s)he be, and why??

Savant

Post #14

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:24 pm ...Jesus is god---after all, that is what they say---...
I think that is interesting claim, because I don't think they say it.