Starlight and Time

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

dad1
Under Suspension

Starlight and Time

Post #1

Post by dad1 »

Does science know what time, specifically time in the distant universe is? If you claim it does, then be prepared to support that claim.

If science does not know that time exists out there in a way we know it here, then one implication is that no distances are knowable to distant stars.

Why? Because distances depend on the uniform existence of time. If time (in this example 4 billion light years from earth) did not exist the same as time near earth, then what might take a billion years (of time as we know it here) for light to travel a certain distance in space might, for all we know, take minutes weeks or seconds of time as it exists out THERE!

So what methods does science have to measure time there? I am not aware of any. Movements observed at a great distance and observed from OUR time and space would not qualify. Such observations would only tell us how much time as seen here it would take if time were the same there.

How this relates to religion is that a six day creation thousands of years ago cannot be questioned using cosmology if it really did not take light that reaches us on earth and area a lot of time to get here.

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Re: Starlight and Time

Post #211

Post by EarthScienceguy »

Jose Fly wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:43 pm
EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:10 pm
Jose Fly wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:04 pm How can evolutionary mechanisms generate proteins? Gosh, I bet no scientists have ever looked into that! Oh...wait...

https://www.pnas.org/doi/full/10.1073/pnas.94.8.3811

https://pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/0 ... tio-1.html

Let the hand-waving begin.
I do not see where this was observed in nature. In fact the one paper states "Likely mechanism by which an ancestral trypsinogen gene was transformed into an AFGP gene." This was accomplished in one generation. Wow! that's really lucky.

Do you have any observed changes? This is nothing but make believe.
Which step in the antifreeze protein pathway do you believe is impossible?

The corn protein only occurs in a subset of domestic varieties. So if the protein didn't arrive via the pathway in the link, how do you think it came to be?

And do you believe all the proteins in every organism were created by God?

I am not going to say, I know and I do not want to spend the time researching this.

The problem with this mechanism is
1. You have a deletion and then a substitution
2. The substitution comes from duplication and frameshift. Most duplications are deleterious.
3. Then an amplification which is usually called cancer.
And all of this has to happen in one generation. The organism is going to survive that large of a deletion. What are the effects of that large of a deletion on the organism? Why would there be a duplication where there needed to be a duplication? Why did the amplification not cause cancer? This process is not really convincing.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #212

Post by Jose Fly »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:11 pm I am not going to say, I know and I do not want to spend the time researching this.
So you waived it away even though you didn't "spend time researching" it. That's creationism for ya.
The problem with this mechanism is
1. You have a deletion and then a substitution
2. The substitution comes from duplication and frameshift. Most duplications are deleterious.
3. Then an amplification which is usually called cancer.
And all of this has to happen in one generation.
Why?
The organism is going to survive that large of a deletion. What are the effects of that large of a deletion on the organism?
Again, I'm not accepting your mere say-so.
Why would there be a duplication where there needed to be a duplication?
Are you denying that duplication events occur?
Why did the amplification not cause cancer? This process is not really convincing.
LOL...I never expected you to find any such science to be convincing. Such is the nature of creationism.

Also, the corn protein only occurs in a subset of domestic varieties. So if the protein didn't arrive via the pathway in the link, how do you think it came to be?

Being apathetic is great....or not. I don't really care.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #213

Post by dad1 »

Jose Fly wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:19 pm
First He created life and then it started to evolve. What we see now is after the creation fact changes

Inquirer
Banned
Banned

Post #214

Post by Inquirer »

Jose Fly wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:19 pm And do you believe all the proteins in every organism were created by God?
Well their presence must be attributable to something, whatever the physical process might be, the existence of a process must be attributable to something. People - like me - who design for a living, understand very well that designed things don't just "happen", it takes mind, try actually designing something yourself then you might begin to understand.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #215

Post by Jose Fly »

Inquirer wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:07 pm
Jose Fly wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:19 pm And do you believe all the proteins in every organism were created by God?
Well their presence must be attributable to something, whatever the physical process might be, the existence of a process must be attributable to something. People - like me - who design for a living, understand very well that designed things don't just "happen", it takes mind, try actually designing something yourself then you might begin to understand.
So do you believe every protein in every organism was created by God?

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #216

Post by EarthScienceguy »

[Replying to Jose Fly in post #212]
The organism is going to survive that large of a deletion. What are the effects of that large of a deletion on the organism?
Again, I'm not accepting your mere say-so.
Are you saying that a deletion mutation does not cause a frameshift? And what kind of mutation is the most deleterious mutation?
That is right class the frameshift mutation.
Are you denying that duplication events occur?
Not at all I am just saying that mutations are supposed to be random events. Except they are not random events to evolutionists. They cannot be. There has to be an order and sequence to mutations in order for your evolution to take place.
Why did the amplification not cause cancer? This process is not really convincing.
LOL...I never expected you to find any such science to be convincing. Such is the nature of creationism.
You did not answer the question.
Wow, such is the nature of creationism? really. I am not the one saying that a deletion event does not cause a frameshift which is the most deleterious kind of mutation. I am not the one that is saying that amplification does not cause cancer.
Also, the corn protein only occurs in a subset of domestic varieties. So if the protein didn't arrive via the pathway in the link, how do you think it came to be?

Why not? 90% of all living creatures are extinct. What is to say that one of those creatures did not produce this type of protein? That is a much more viable hypothesis than this multiple-step process.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #217

Post by Jose Fly »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:39 pm Are you saying that a deletion mutation does not cause a frameshift?
It depends on the type of deletion.
Not at all I am just saying that mutations are supposed to be random events. Except they are not random events to evolutionists. They cannot be. There has to be an order and sequence to mutations in order for your evolution to take place.
Again, I'm not going to just take things on nothing more than your baseless say-so.

Why not? 90% of all living creatures are extinct. What is to say that one of those creatures did not produce this type of protein? That is a much more viable hypothesis than this multiple-step process.
[/quote]
So if God created every protein that's ever existed, does that include the ones that allow pathogens to spread, infect, maim, and kill?

Inquirer
Banned
Banned

Post #218

Post by Inquirer »

Jose Fly wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:51 pm So if God created every protein that's ever existed, does that include the ones that allow pathogens to spread, infect, maim, and kill?
Yes.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #219

Post by Jose Fly »

Inquirer wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:38 am
Jose Fly wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:51 pm So if God created every protein that's ever existed, does that include the ones that allow pathogens to spread, infect, maim, and kill?
Yes.
I suppose if you want to believe in a bio-terrorist god, that's your choice. Seems pretty sick to me.

Inquirer
Banned
Banned

Post #220

Post by Inquirer »

Jose Fly wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:12 pm
Inquirer wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:38 am
Yes.
I suppose if you want to believe in a bio-terrorist god, that's your choice. Seems pretty sick to me.
I believe that we - humans - have no idea why we exist, what is good and bad, what is right and wrong, if you think you do the tell me - what is good? what is bad?