Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

POI
Prodigy

Okay, Let's Cut To The Chase!

Post #1

Post by POI »

Dear Christians of all flavor(s),

I trust it is no surprise there exists a populous here, which lay claim to 'atheism', 'deism', or maybe other... In a nutshell, for me, this ultimately means I do not believe any such claimed Christian God exists - trying though as I might.... Which-is-to-mean, I was raised in a Christian house hold. However, after much study, I cannot get myself to belief such a claimed agent actually exists. Chalk it up, ultimately, to the topic of 'divine hiddenness' I guess...?

It is also evident there exists devout 'Christians' in this arena, of all flavors, who may feel they are 'fighting the good fight'; by defending their belief(s)/faith/rationale in the assertion of the existence to the "Christian God".

That being said, I am laying down the gauntlet, so-to-speak... Some here, as well as outside of here, are as sure as anything, that not only does God exist, but the Christian God! Well, I politely disagree. Meaning, I don't believe the "Christian based" assertion/claim.

I can't imagine this request will be anything new. Nor, can I imagine that I will encounter any new sort of enlightenment. But, being this is a rather large and important topic; I will continue to search, optimistically, that there exists some sort of 'concrete evidence(s)' to demonstrate that not only a God exists ---> but also the Christian God.

For Debate:

Please demonstrate the mere existence of the Christian God?
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

brunumb
Savant

Re: Okay, Let's Cut To The Chase!

Post #251

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:21 pm
brunumb wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:59 pm
kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:48 pm God opened the door to all, he sent his son to die on their behalf so they might not ever have to taste death even though they are sinners.
Good. Now that's taken care of we can just live our lives and pop through that open door after we die.
My teachers say, those that die at Armageddon will be judged during the tribulation( separating of the sheep and goats) and not get resurrected. It looks like that is not that far off. These are the end of these last days. Gods people will be brought through on earth-Prov 2:21-22, Matt 24:22-- One must obey now.
Try thinking for yourself instead of just parroting what your teachers say. You might end up seeing through all the smoke and mirrors and actually see the truth.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #252

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:55 am
kjw47 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:48 pm God opened the door to all, he sent his son to die on their behalf so they might not ever have to taste death even though they are sinners.
Good. Now that's taken care of we can just live our lives and pop through that open door after we die.
My teachers say, those that die at Armageddon will be judged during the tribulation( separating of the sheep and goats) and not get resurrected. It looks like that is not that far off. These are the end of these last days. Gods people will be brought through on earth-Prov 2:21-22, Matt 24:22-- One must obey now.
Try thinking for yourself instead of just parroting what your teachers say. You might end up seeing through all the smoke and mirrors and actually see the truth.

My teachers have the truth. Jesus is the head of our congregations. The teachings of Jesus back my teachers 100% as does true God worship history. I started a thread in Theology-The real Jesus-- and 8 of his teachings that clearly show who is who.

POI
Prodigy

Post #253

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:08 pm My teachers have the truth.
Well then, present to your teacher this riddle:

A) Does He have the power to change hearts? (yes)
B) Has He ever changed any hearts? (yes)

Then why not change ALL hearts?

The above question gets to the 'heart' of this post topic. It has to do with the problem of divine hiddenness.

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #254

Post by TRANSPONDER »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:08 pm

My teachers have the truth. Jesus is the head of our congregations. The teachings of Jesus back my teachers 100% as does true God worship history. I started a thread in Theology-The real Jesus-- and 8 of his teachings that clearly show who is who.
Still just faithclaims without a scrap of argument, never mind evidence. Are you under the illusion that you are presenting arguments or are you now just 'Witnessing' (religious virtue - signalling) to us?
POI wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:18 pm

The above question gets to the 'heart' of this post topic. It has to do with the problem of divine hiddenness.
And it is of course one of the top deconverters - the problem of evil, the othr Big One being what is actually in the Bible - if ever one really reads it with an Open Mind as the religion peddlers used to say on my former board before I came here to Defeating Christianity and religion.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #255

Post by kjw47 »

Gods way= Send the true followers out by two-Luke 10) door to door Acts20:20) with the good news of Gods kingdom( Matt 24:14)--Those who respond have good hearts worth opening, those who reject it get rejected. Those who actually love God and his son, take the time and learn-EVERY-utterance and apply those utterances. The bible says the rest would rather have their ears tickled.. Like what blind guides tickle ears with--You are saved. He doesnt know--1) He cannot read anothers true heart--2) He has no idea who will endure until their end--3) Has never seen a single name written in Gods book of life-- What he is doing is judging a book by its cover and assuming. How many of those told they were saved were Paedophiles? How many clergy who told others they were saved were Paedophiles? Etc.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #256

Post by kjw47 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:53 pm

Still just faithclaims without a scrap of argument, never mind evidence. Are you under the illusion that you are presenting arguments or are you now just 'Witnessing' (religious virtue - signalling) to us?

And it is of course one of the top deconverters - the problem of evil, the othr Big One being what is actually in the Bible - if ever one really reads it with an Open Mind as the religion peddlers used to say on my former board before I came here to Defeating Christianity and religion.

I proved who is who in --The real Jesus) read it.
God knows whats best. He knows how not very bright most mortals are no matter what he does--Example-- After parting the red sea in front of their faces and saving them from Pharoahs army-Within 1 week on the other side made a golden calf to worship= not very bright. Its right there in the bible how God wants it to be--Door to door with the good news of Gods kingdom, those that care about Gods will already know that.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #257

Post by kjw47 »

One must be taught by the teachers who Jesus appointed or alls they find is darkness and confusion. That is why there are 34,000 different religions claiming to be christian = a mass of confusion-1 Cor 1:10 clears that up-Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division= 1 single religion has Jesus the rest do not.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #258

Post by TRANSPONDER »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:00 pm

One must be taught by the teachers who Jesus appointed or alls they find is darkness and confusion. That is why there are 34,000 different religions claiming to be christian = a mass of confusion-1 Cor 1:10 clears that up-Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division= 1 single religion has Jesus the rest do not.
Well, there (as they say) is your problem right there. Quite apart from the various religions, the various denominations, the various different interpretations, all claiming to be the only ones who really understand the NT (when really of course the only person who Really Understands it is me :P ) how can we take anyone's word for it that they are imparting the truth? Especially when it should be crystal clear to anyone who has read the atheist explanations that the Bible simply cannot be relied upon for anything, never mind self - advertising religious authorities who claim that they are the only ones who aren't in darkness. Really, one has to see the funny side or one would weep and rage at the lie and con being perpetrated globally.

With respect of course O:).

POI
Prodigy

Post #259

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:52 pm

Gods way= Send the true followers out by two-Luke 10) door to door Acts20:20) with the good news of Gods kingdom( Matt 24:14)--Those who respond have good hearts worth opening, those who reject it get rejected. Those who actually love God and his son, take the time and learn-EVERY-utterance and apply those utterances. The bible says the rest would rather have their ears tickled.. Like what blind guides tickle ears with--You are saved. He doesnt know--1) He cannot read anothers true heart--2) He has no idea who will endure until their end--3) Has never seen a single name written in Gods book of life-- What he is doing is judging a book by its cover and assuming. How many of those told they were saved were Paedophiles? How many clergy who told others they were saved were Paedophiles? Etc.
You just hand-waved away premise A) --> Does He have the power to change hearts? (yes)

Allow me to spell this out for you (again).

- Does God have power? yes
- "Change" means -- to make different or replace (something) with something else.
- "heart" means how you think and/or believe in something.

Okay, now that we have that straight, let's try this, yet again....

Anyone's "heart", who needs any change at all, he can change. So why not just do it for all?

Please remember what I asked, many posts back, where you answered both.

A) God causes some, and not others, to become inexorably drawn to Him?

B) God only reveals himself to the ones who he knows will then follow?

Conclusion: Just inexorably draw all.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #260

Post by kjw47 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:23 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:00 pm

Well, there (as they say) is your problem right there. Quite apart from the various religions, the various denominations, the various different interpretations, all claiming to be the only ones who really understand the NT (when really of course the only person who Really Understands it is me :P ) how can we take anyone's word for it that they are imparting the truth? Especially when it should be crystal clear to anyone who has read the atheist explanations that the Bible simply cannot be relied upon for anything, never mind self - advertising religious authorities who claim that they are the only ones who aren't in darkness. Really, one has to see the funny side or one would weep and rage at the lie and con being perpetrated globally.

With respect of course O:).

The teachings of Jesus show who is who--I started a thread the real Jesus under Theology. It is clear who listens to him.