Top 10 Design Flaws in the Human Body

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Top 10 Design Flaws in the Human Body

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

These design flaws prove that we were not intelligently designed by an all-knowing and all-powerful God. They prove that we evolved. Please see: https://nautil.us/top-10-design-flaws-i ... dy-235403/

Inquirer
Banned
Banned

Re: Top 10 Design Flaws in the Human Body

Post #2

Post by Inquirer »

Compassionist wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:40 am These design flaws prove that we were not intelligently designed by an all-knowing and all-powerful God. They prove that we evolved. Please see: https://nautil.us/top-10-design-flaws-i ... dy-235403/
Nope. That's totally illogical, how can your lack of awareness of God's intent be elevated to a claim that God played no role?

Clownboat
Savant

Post #3

Post by Clownboat »

Inquirer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:59 am
Compassionist wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:40 am These design flaws prove that we were not intelligently designed by an all-knowing and all-powerful God. They prove that we evolved. Please see: https://nautil.us/top-10-design-flaws-i ... dy-235403/
Nope. That's totally illogical, how can your lack of awareness of God's intent be elevated to a claim that God played no role?
Please show truth to your claim that Compassionist has a lack of awareness about a God's intent.
Or you could address the human design flaws that were put forth.

I submit that if a god is perfect, its would create without flaws.
Matthew 5:48
New International Version
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Well... there we go. I'm sure it is just a lack of awareness that allows me to see this though, or whatever you need to tell yourself as to not see it yourself. 8-)

The mechanism of evolution is not perfect and has no end goal. Therefore imperfections fit with evolution as a mechanism, unlike how they do with a perfect creator god.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Inquirer
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Inquirer »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:38 pm
Please show truth to your claim that Compassionist has a lack of awareness about a God's intent.

Well... there we go. I'm sure it is just a lack of awareness that allows me to see this though, or whatever you need to tell yourself as to not see it yourself. 8-)

The mechanism of evolution is not perfect and has no end goal. Therefore imperfections fit with evolution as a mechanism, unlike how they do with a perfect creator god.
Must we? OK prove that what you say are flaws are really flaws? go on, or better still define "flaw" here?

Just because you see no reason for something does not make it a flaw - does that make it clearer?

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #5

Post by Jose Fly »

I've never seen this as a particularly good argument, primarily because gods, by definition, can do absolutely anything imaginable. And that includes creating humans with "design flaws". That's why the concept of creation by gods isn't within the realm of science....it's impossible to falsify. No matter what is discovered, one can always make the post hoc declaration "Well that's just how the gods made it".
Being apathetic is great....or not. I don't really care.

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #1]

Moderator Clarification

Topics created in any of the debate subforums need to include a question for debate. Please add one or this thread will be moved to an appropriate discussion subforum.

Rules

Moderator clarifications do not count as a strike against any posters. They serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received and/or are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels a clarification of the rules is required.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #7

Post by Clownboat »

Inquirer wrote:...how can your lack of awareness of God's intent...
Inquirer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:42 pm Must we?
Well, this is a debate site, so you shouldn't be taken by surprise.
Copy/paste: Please show truth to your claim that Compassionist has a lack of awareness about a God's intent.
(Readers, ask yourselves if you think Inquirer has awareness about one of the gods, or if they are just pretending to while claiming another lacks it).
OK prove that what you say are flaws are really flaws?
You believe in the god of the Bible and will be unable to see the flaws as flaws, so there would be no point. You have a dog in the fight and this dog will not see the flaws. I address and respond for the readers here and trust many will acknowledge the design flaws from the OP. I care not if you see them and would expect you to not see flaws in a perfect gods creation.
go on, or better still define "flaw" here?
I will not allow you to drag me down to your level and beat me with experience.
Just because you see no reason for something does not make it a flaw - does that make it clearer?
Straw man as I never made this claim. You clarified nothing, sorry.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Inquirer
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Inquirer »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:26 pm
Inquirer wrote:...how can your lack of awareness of God's intent...
Inquirer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:42 pm Must we?
Well, this is a debate site, so you shouldn't be taken by surprise.
Copy/paste: Please show truth to your claim that Compassionist has a lack of awareness about a God's intent.
(Readers, ask yourselves if you think Inquirer has awareness about one of the gods, or if they are just pretending to while claiming another lacks it).
OK prove that what you say are flaws are really flaws?
You believe in the god of the Bible and will be unable to see the flaws as flaws, so there would be no point. You have a dog in the fight and this dog will not see the flaws. I address and respond for the readers here and trust many will acknowledge the design flaws from the OP. I care not if you see them and would expect you to not see flaws in a perfect gods creation.
go on, or better still define "flaw" here?
I will not allow you to drag me down to your level and beat me with experience.
Straw man as I never made this claim. You clarified nothing, sorry.
So you don't know what a flaw is, very well, that explains the impasse.

Diogenes
Guru

Post #9

Post by Diogenes »

This argument is almost too good. It proves the god featured in the Bible did not design us. If he did, he is not good. In addition to the problem of the spine et al., I'd add 'teeth.' Homo sapiens provide an excellent example of the silliness of the 'intelligent design' theory, fully supporting evolution. In addition to the appendix we have a vestigial tail, the coccyx.
As for the 'design' problems, the problem with human evolution is that our 'design defects' [I cannot use that phrase without smiling :D ] are passed on as long as they allow us to live long enough to procreate and raise children, about 35 YOA.

The theist is forced to make absurd counterarguments like 'the fall,' claiming we'd be fine except for 'original sin,' blaming us instead of the imagined designer.

During the 5th to 6th week of intrauterine life, the human embryo has a tail with 10–12 vertebrae. By 8 weeks, the human tail disappears.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3263034/

Before You Embark On A Journey Of Revenge, Dig Two Graves

— Confucius

Miles
Savant

Post #10

Post by Miles »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:38 pm

What!!! Perfect gods wouldn't make mistakes would they, least of all my perfect heavenly Father. YET . . . . . . .

Genesis 6:6
The Lord was sorry he had made human beings on the earth. His heart was filled with pain.

1 Samuel 15:35
And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death. Nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul; and the Lord repented that He had made Saul king over Israel.

Jeremiah 42:10

“ ‘If you resolve to remain in this land, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you. For I deeply regret the disaster that I have inflicted upon you.

Amos 7:1-3
The Lord God showed me this: He was forming a swarm of locusts at the time the spring crop first began to sprout—after the cutting of the king’s hay.
2And it came to pass, when they had made an end of eating the grass of the land, then I said, “O Lord God, forgive, I beseech Thee! By whom shall Jacob arise? For he is small.” 3The Lord repented concerning this. “It shall not be,” saith the Lord.

Harrumph! Another Jesus lie about the old man. [-X Jesus.