The Origen of man

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

The Origen of man

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

Where we came from, why are we here and what is our eternal destiny are three very important questions. This topic is to address the first question ONLY.

What is your understanding of where and when we began?

We hear the expression of eternal life. If this is to be clearly understood, we should have a clear understanding our beginning or in other words what was our primal existence?

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: The Origen of man

Post #11

Post by Difflugia »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:21 am
wannabe wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:39 pmOrigen of Alexandria ( c. ... 185 – c. ... 253), also known as Origen
RELATED POSTS
What is the orgin of the human race?[this post]
viewtopic.php?p=1094119#p1094119
Did you even read that before posting your "related" things? The comment by wannabe is riffing on the misspelling of "origin" by posting about the third-century apologist, "Origen." You've just responded to an intentional joke with an unintentional one.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:00 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:21 am
wannabe wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:39 pmOrigen of Alexandria ( c. ... 185 – c. ... 253), also known as Origen
RELATED POSTS
What is the orgin of the human race?[this post]
Did you even read that before posting your "related" things? The comment by wannabe is riffing on the misspelling of "origin" by posting about the third-century apologist, "Origen." You've just responded to an intentional joke with an unintentional one.

Thank you for your input. I edited in that my references are biblical.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Revelations won
Sage

Post #13

Post by Revelations won »

To all respondents,

It would appear that according to all posts that no responders really know the origin of man.

I will toss out a question that may have a clue.

Is it possible that that mans origin is co-eternal with God?

Best regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

Revelations won wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:08 pm To all respondents,

It would appear that according to all posts that no responders really know the origin of man.
Did you not see my response?

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 am The first human (Adam) was created by GOD (JEHOVAH / YHWH ) as a fully formed man; all human ancestry traces back to this event.

RELATED POSTS

What is the orgin of the human race? [this post]

If God knew Adam needed a mate, why did he make Adam to wait for her?
viewtopic.php?p=857016#p857016

Who was Lilith?
viewtopic.php?p=1038506#p1038506
For more details please go to other posts related to...

THE GARDEN OF EDEN , ADAM and ... THE DECEPTION OF EVE

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

Revelations won wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:08 pm
Is it possible that that mans origin is co-eternal with God?
If you mean have human beings existed as long as God has I would say no, because God created the first humans

Miles
Savant

Post #16

Post by Miles »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:50 am Dear Miles,

I find it interesting that on some tropics people are hesitant to share their understanding. I am left to wonder if people have no idea of where our existence began. I have always felt it important that we should have a clear picture of this point as it should help us in our current existence and purpose here in this life.

Have a great day and thanks for your response.

Best regards,
RW
Rereading through the thread here I noticed you had posted this remark, which I feel deserves some input. My own ;)

Christians, at least, do claim to have an answer as to "where and when we began." The where is the Garden of Eden, which many say is located around the headwaters of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in the highlands of Armenia. The when is far more difficult to pin down. Archbishop James Ussher and John Lightfoot calculated it happened October 23 at 9 a.m., 45th meridian time, in 4004 BC. And whether Christians rely on such calculations or not, most accept 6,000 years as the age of the event. Bible-wise, other than this there isn't much else to be said. Now some Christians, those who reject the biblical story of creation, typically go along with what science says, and will either point to the migration of humans out of Africa during the last two ice ages: between 55,000 and 120,000 years ago; although, the date could go back as 230,000 years ago. OR, they will take the appearance of the anatomically modern Homo sapiens who evolved at least 130,000 years ago from ancestors who had remained in Africa as thee date.

Other than this there isn't much else to be said. Either it's the Bible story, which doesn't admit much discussion, or it's science and its typical uncertainty, which few here have shown much interest in discussing.

OneWay
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by OneWay »

Revelations won wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:01 am Where we came from, why are we here and what is our eternal destiny are three very important questions. This topic is to address the first question ONLY.

What is your understanding of where and when we began?

We hear the expression of eternal life. If this is to be clearly understood, we should have a clear understanding our beginning or in other words what was our primal existence?
" And he said unto them,
Ye are from beneath; I am from above:
ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
And no man hath ascended up to heaven,
but he that came down from heaven,
even the Son of man which is in heaven."
~ Jesus Christ

If you believe this
then you know the correct answers to your questions.