Micah

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Micah

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

I am studying Micah and wondered if anyone is familiar with this book of the Old Testament?
If so any insights into this prophet's words and applicability to today's world would be greatly appreciated.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Micah

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

The bible book of Micah contains many principles we can apply today such as the need for patience and honesty. It also contains a number of prophecies that will find their major fulfillment in the new world as well as a reference to the restoration and elevation of pure worship that we are experiencing today.

Learn more : Short 3" min VIDEO
https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/bo ... -of-micah/
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Diagoras
Guru

Post #3

Post by Diagoras »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:04 pm The bible book of Micah contains many principles we can apply today such as the need for patience and honesty. It also contains a number of prophecies that will find their major fulfillment in the new world as well as a reference to the restoration and elevation of pure worship that we are experiencing today.
<bolding mine>

Interesting then, that
Micah 2:6 wrote:Prophesy ye not, say they to them that prophesy: they shall not prophesy to them, that they shall not take shame.
Micah 6:16 is also interesting for mentioning Omri. Samaria was sometimes called “the city of Omri”, and the Samaritans were known for syncretizing Judaism with other religions - so in the eyes of the more strict Jewish sects, that made the Samaritans blasphemers. It's interesting to speculate why the Bible is curiously vague about how Omni 'did eviler than all the kings before him' (1 Kings 16:26), as it's not as if there are plenty of unwise rulers who went and worshipped other gods.

Micah as a minor prophet is celebrated twice a year in the Eastern Orthodox Church: January 5th and August 14th. The Armenian Apostolic Church just has the one date for him, however - on July 31st.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Diagoras wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:57 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:04 pm The bible book of Micah contains many principles we can apply today such as the need for patience and honesty. It also contains a number of prophecies that will find their major fulfillment in the new world as well as a reference to the restoration and elevation of pure worship that we are experiencing today.
<bolding mine>

Interesting then, that
Micah 2:6 wrote:Prophesy ye not, say they to them that prophesy: they shall not prophesy to them, that they shall not take shame.
Do you have a point to make apart from the scripture is interesting (which it is). If you do have a point that relates to mine, can you say it in a sentence ? (preferably a sentence that is complete with a subject a verb and an object).

Thanks

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Diagoras
Guru

Post #5

Post by Diagoras »

This is the forum for opinions, but perhaps you overlooked that.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

Diagoras wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:01 pm This is the forum for opinions, but perhaps you overlooked that.
Preferably opinions that can be articulated in English sentences. Do you have one of those to explain your point (if there was a point to your post) ? I posted tnat the book of Micah has some prophecies and you posted Micah 2:6 in response... do you know why you did that? Was it to support an opinion? Could you tell me what that opinion is?

Diagoras
Guru

Post #7

Post by Diagoras »

Do I know why I posted what I did? Yes.

Perhaps you can take your manufactured outrage elsewhere. I’m sure Rose2020 isn’t any more interested in it as I am.

Just my opinion.

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #8

Post by Rose2020 »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2]

I agree. As I study Micah i can see much application to today's world. I find Micah's words are flowing and powerful.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #9

Rose2020 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:01 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2]

I agree. As I study Micah i can see much application to today's world. I find Micah's words are flowing and powerful.
Yes Micah includes many prophecies that have great meaning to all lovers of truth today . Indeed He is told by God to prophecy and he did: he prophecied about the destruction of Sameria and of course he prophecied of the coming Messiah to be born in Bethlehem. Most significant for us today is his prophecy of the reestablishment and elevation of true worship.

In short Micah is a wonderful book of prophecy!

JW