God has proved his love for you

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

God has proved his love for you

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

Gods plan = mortals to live in an Eden( Paradise) knowing only good, never sick, never without. To live forever not aging like now. That is what Gods plan began, it is still his plan. He created all things with variety for us to enjoy. His word says, he knew us before our kidneys were formed, he knows the exact number of hairs on our heads. Think about that. God could easily see us as we see little ants scurrying about. The creator of all creation thinks about us individually and wants to be our friend. He sent his son to die on our behalf's. He asks us to use our free will out of love for him to listen to his advice. Which benefits us not him. He gave us his written word. Few have bothered to read it and learn about how merciful and loving he is. His son showed us that side while he was on earth. But he also stands for justice. And those who cant be bothered to learn about him and listen to him are choosing not to enter his kingdom and gain eternal life. His name is YHWH(Jehovah) the only true God.
Will you learn to be his friend?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: God has proved his love for you

Post #41

Post by onewithhim »

Mae von H wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:31 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:24 am
Mae von H wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:56 am
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:12 pm
Mae von H wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:30 am [Replying to kjw47 in post #25]

Has He ever told you personally that He loves you or do you just read JW doctrine about it?
Not one of us would think that we know God loves us only because of JW doctrine. That is a peculiar question.
That’s pretty much the OP says. Read this doctrine and you’ll know God loves you. But it is a peculiar view.
That is not what the OP says. It says to read the Bible, which we all should do, not listen to anyone's doctrine and dogma. We can find the truth through the pages of God's thoughts in the Bible. The OP also says that God wants to be our friend, and is cognizant of each one of us, individually. How can you find fault with that?
Please give me the Bible quote that says, "God wants to be your friend."
God was always looking for a person to be a friend. That is evident from the following scriptures.

"But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, descendant of Abraham my friend." (Isaiah 41:8, NASB)

"There exist companions disposed to break one another to pieces, but there exists a friend sticking closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24) Would you say that this "friend" is God Himself?

"And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, 'And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness, and he was called the friend of God.'" (James 2:23, NASB)

Mae von H
Sage

Post #42

Post by Mae von H »

Me:
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:39 am God was always looking for a person to be a friend. That is evident from the following scriptures.

"But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, descendant of Abraham my friend." (Isaiah 41:8, NASB)
Where does that say “God is looking for a friend?” Says Abraham was a friend of God, not you.
"There exist companions disposed to break one another to pieces, but there exists a friend sticking closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24) Would you say that this "friend" is God Himself?
You need to stick to verses that address God. This isn’t one of them. God isn’t lonely and doesn’t need a companion or brother.
"And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, 'And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness, and he was called the friend of God.'" (James 2:23, NASB)
Where does that say God was lonely and looking for a friend? Also says Abraham was a friend of God not you.

The Bible tells us what it takes to be called a ”friend” by God. No honest man takes that honor upon himself. The requirements are high. Just believing you can claim it will certainly preclude God agreeing.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #43

Post by onewithhim »

Mae von H wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:29 am
Me:
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:39 am God was always looking for a person to be a friend. That is evident from the following scriptures.

Where does that say “God is looking for a friend?” Says Abraham was a friend of God, not you.
You need to stick to verses that address God. This isn’t one of them. God isn’t lonely and doesn’t need a companion or brother.
Where does that say God was lonely and looking for a friend? Also says Abraham was a friend of God not you.

The Bible tells us what it takes to be called a ”friend” by God. No honest man takes that honor upon himself. The requirements are high. Just believing you can claim it will certainly preclude God agreeing.
What I posted shows that God wants to be a human's friend. That was proven by His friendship with Abraham. It is also true concerning Noah (Genesis 6:9). There are many more Scriptures that show that God is lovingly concerned for us and wants to be our Friend. He doesn't NEED friendship, it's just that He is giving His creation the chance to be close to Him. It's loving on His part.

I am His friend and I know it. No one has the right to say that I'm not.

"This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: 'I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself, the One causing you to tread in the way in which you should walk. O if only you would actually pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.'" (Isaiah 48:17,18)

He cares for each one of us. He is a real Friend.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #44

Post by Mae von H »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:46 pm
Me:

What I posted shows that God wants to be a human's friend. That was proven by His friendship with Abraham. It is also true concerning Noah (Genesis 6:9). There are many more Scriptures that show that God is lovingly concerned for us and wants to be our Friend. He doesn't NEED friendship, it's just that He is giving His creation the chance to be close to Him. It's loving on His part.

"This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: 'I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself, the One causing you to tread in the way in which you should walk. O if only you would actually pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.'" (Isaiah 48:17,18)

That must be the JW version, It’s not at all in the Hebrew. Still no promise that God longs for friends. I am sure that those who claim for themselves the honor friendship with God can’t explain Him like real friends can explain each other.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #45

Post by onewithhim »

Mae von H wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:15 am
Me:

That must be the JW version, It’s not at all in the Hebrew. Still no promise that God longs for friends. I am sure that those who claim for themselves the honor friendship with God can’t explain Him like real friends can explain each other.
That "must be the JW version"? Why don't you look it up in your Bible and see if your version disagrees. Before you make degrading accusations.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #46

Post by Mae von H »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:53 pm
Me:

That "must be the JW version"? Why don't you look it up in your Bible and see if your version disagrees. Before you make degrading accusations.
Why do you think I didn’t? I did. No match. looked in the Hebrew too.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #47

Post by onewithhim »

Mae von H wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:05 am
Me:

Because I quoted from the NASB, not the New World Translation. If your Bible doesn't agree with the NASB, please quote from your Bible what those verses say. I will look forward to you clearing this up by quoting your Bible.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #48

Post by Mae von H »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:19 pm
Me:

Because I quoted from the NASB, not the New World Translation. If your Bible doesn't agree with the NASB, please quote from your Bible what those verses say. I will look forward to you clearing this up by quoting your Bible.
Exactly as I said JW Bible:
17 This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel:+
“I, Jehovah, am your God,
The One teaching you to benefit yourself,*+

This is not what the Hebrew says nor any translation I could find. The Lord never says that He teaches us to (selfishly) benefit YOURSELF. That was the tip off. I knew it was JW when I read that. And it is.

Otherwise you don’t get it. No where does God say He’s lonely and looking for a friend. Those He (not-any man) counted as friends were few and far between. It’s an honor no honest man takes upon himself.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #49

Post by onewithhim »

Mae von H wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:55 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:19 pm
Me:

This is not what the Hebrew says nor any translation I could find. The Lord never says that He teaches us to (selfishly) benefit YOURSELF. That was the tip off. I knew it was JW when I read that. And it is.

Otherwise you don’t get it. No where does God say He’s lonely and looking for a friend. Those He (not-any man) counted as friends were few and far between. It’s an honor no honest man takes upon himself.
I quoted from, as I said, NOT the New World Translation, but the New American Standard Bible, which has nothing to do with Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not what I wrote in post #41. I asked you to quote your version to show that the NASB doesn't agree with your version of the quotes in post #41.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #50

Post by Mae von H »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:20 pm
"This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: 'I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:20 pm Because I quoted from the NASB, not the New World Translation. If your Bible doesn't agree with the NASB, please quote from your Bible what those verses say. I will look forward to you clearing this up by quoting your Bible.

I quoted from, as I said, NOT the New World Translation, but the New American Standard Bible, which has nothing to do with Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not what I wrote in post #41. I asked you to quote your version to show that the NASB doesn't agree with your version of the quotes in post #41.
No you didn’t.

New American Standard Bible
This is what the LORD says, He who is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to benefit, Who leads you in the way you should go.

There’s the New American Standard and that is not what you quoted.