Why Scientists need to accept the Eastern perspective

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Swami
Sage

Why Scientists need to accept the Eastern perspective

Post #1

Post by Swami »

It is one thing for scientists to acknowledge that we don't experience reality as it is. It's another thing for them to deny help from those who can and have experienced fundamental reality. Scientists that decline the help and insight from others are choosing to remain in ignorance. Should not scientists first learn how to experience what Kant calls the 'noumenal world' before putting any confidence in their theories? :thanks:

Yoga Vasistha,Book I, ch. 3
2 Valmiki replied:— Know, holy saint, that the things seen in this world are deceiving, even as the blueness of the sky is an optical illusion. Therefore it is better to efface them in oblivion rather than to keep their memory. 3 All visible objects have no actual existence. We have no idea of them except through sensation. Inquire into these apprehensions and you will never find them as real.
Scientists confirm this insight.

Last edited by Swami on Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Re: Why Scientists need to accept the Eastern perspective

Post #11

Post by William »

[Replying to sridatta in post #10]

Your sermon does not seem to address my post, or the OPQ.

Why did you quote me?

sridatta
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by sridatta »

William wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:05 pm [Replying to sridatta in post #10]

Your sermon does not seem to address my post, or the OPQ.

Why did you quote me?
You written regarding suffering; how to stop it. The suffering can be stopped if you do not repeat any sins from today onwards till your death in such case all your past sins also will be forgiven by God.

Tcg
Savant

Post #13

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Swami in post #1]

That's an easy question to answer. There are no reasons that scientists need to accept what you call the eastern perspective. Science is based on observable facts. Eastern perceptive, as you call it, is based on human imagination rather than reality.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Swami
Sage

Post #14

Post by Swami »

Tcg wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:11 am [Replying to Swami in post #1]

That's an easy question to answer. There are no reasons that scientists need to accept what you call the eastern perspective. Science is based on observable facts. Eastern perceptive, as you call it, is based on human imagination rather than reality.

Tcg
Please go trick-or-treating. Leave this topic for those who are serious.
Last edited by Swami on Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brunumb
Savant

Post #15

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to Tcg in post #13]

The strength of the scientific method is that it has no geographical boundaries and is designed to mitigate against the effects of cultural biases.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Swami
Sage

Post #16

Post by Swami »

William wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:16 pm [Replying to Swami in post #32]
Donald Hoffman has taken the theorems and understood the implications and wants to discover what he is "doing outside of this simulated reality". That is commendable, but to what degree will such information help him to better understand and work with the imprisoned situation he and all of us are experiencing?
Usually when people bring up your question, it is to find out how they can further the system or find out more about it. This is what science is for. That is not the focus of my life nor is it the concern of a lot of the great mystics of the past. The ultimate goal has been to eliminate suffering and bondage even while being within the system. There are some exceptions where spirituality and science will have to inevitably cross each other, and this has happened when it comes to looking at the big questions on our origin and nature, and on consciousness, psychology, well-being, and more.
William wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:16 pmIndeed, what help is it to you, to know through experience things outside/alternative to this - the dominant [and temporary] reality simulation?
The only true power in the world is will and purpose. In saying this, I am saying that the mind has more power than technology and all of matter.

Just think of all of the technology in the world. If we did not exist, the technology would just sit around powerless. Having the spiritual knowledge increases will and purpose. You won't be held back by things that others are held back by. The mystics were great because they were masters of the will and purpose.

I recall a show that was like Undercover Boss. I can't quite remember its name, but it involved rich people giving it all up to start from the bottom. It turns out that those with the mindset of getting money, were able to get back into their former successful status. Eventually they were able to make money work for them instead of the other way around. This to me shows that money doesn't make you rich, but your will and purpose gets you to that point.
William wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:16 pmI read the following recently.
The Origins of Ascension and Karma{SOURCE}

Essentially the above is telling us that we are not here to escape being here, but rather, to bring truth through realization INTO this simulation.

Do you agree?
I can see the good in your article but it looks like it is adopting the Christian view of things where God and the world are separate from us. In my philosophy, we are God and we are the world and everything in it. This simulation is a product of our ignorance and our attachment to things that are not our true Self. So in reality, we are not convincing "others", as if we are truly separate, but rather we are convincing different manifestations of ourselves. Even in this case, I'd want all aspects of the dream, humans, other animals, rocks, trees, to realize the truth. You can also choose to come back in physical form since you are God, and you would know that you are!

Tcg
Savant

Post #17

Post by Tcg »

Swami wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:14 pm
Tcg wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:11 am [Replying to Swami in post #1]

Tcg
Please go trick-or-treating. Leave this topic for those who are serious.
I am extremely serious and have presented facts you refuse to address. Why is that?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

otseng
Savant

Post #18

Post by otseng »

Swami wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:14 pm Please go trick-or-treating. Leave this topic for those who are serious.
Moderator Comment

You'll need to treat people as if they're serious, even if you think they are not.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Tcg
Savant

Post #19

Post by Tcg »

Swami wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:25 pm That is not the focus of my life nor is it the concern of a lot of the great mystics of the past.
The "focus" of your life or the concern of those you classify as "great mystics" is irrelevant in a debate subforum. The only thing that matters here is your ability, or lack thereof, to present verifiable evidence to support your claims. The "focus" of your life is not evidence of anything other than what you perceive to be the "focus" of your life.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #20

Post by Tcg »

otseng wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:04 am
Swami wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:14 pm Please go trick-or-treating. Leave this topic for those who are serious.
Moderator Comment

You'll need to treat people as if they're serious, even if you think they are not.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator Comment

And not suggest they do something other than post here.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.