Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Exodus - how can this be?

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

I am reading Exodus, about Moses.

I am having great trouble with reconciling the God of love, life and goodness with the events in chapter 32.

How can this be - our God, Father, Creator, ordering violence and murder?

Please someone explain to me. Did God really speak to Moses with the commands in verses 27- 29?

Miles
Savant

Re: Exodus - how can this be?

Post #51

Post by Miles »

RIP wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:13 pm [Replying to theophile in post #46]

Again, you are a contradiction. The Bible does not 'contain' the Word of God. The Bible 'is' the Word of God. I don't like your views because they are heretical.

If Adam is not historical fact neither you or anyone else has any salvation. You say you believe as Christ as Saviour. Again. Was Christ a real Person? Did He move in the historical time as the Bible presents? If He didn't how can He be the Only Begotten Son of God and Saviour.

Christ is not the 'physical light'. Christ was a real Person and was the very 'light of God'. Big difference. The physical light is a light needed due to the absence of the real light of God. The sun is a substituionary light. Jesus Christ is the Light of God.

Ok. There you have it. You are not Christian. Thanks for the confession. But it was no great revelation.

Your faith, which is not in the God of the Bible, needs the Bible to be historically false. Which is why you post what you do. Your faith is based upon your view only of Christ and the Bible. A Christ that may not have existed. A Bible that can't be trusted to be accurate. A facade.

My faith is in the Person of Jesus Christ, the Only begotten Son of God and Saviour. Just as the Bible describes Him to be. It doesn't require 'mental gymnastics'. It does require faith in the historical record as presented in the Bible. And it will not be proved to be false.

I suppose I should be banned for standing up to such heresy as you and others present. You want the easy road. And I don't provide it for you. Better ban me. Yall are like the training of fighting dogs. You muzzle one to give the others confidence. That should tell you alot.

Rip
I just love it when people, particularly other Christians, take it upon themselves to decide who is and who is not a Christian. Put on the gloves men and let's duke it out. Image

otseng
Savant

Re: Exodus - how can this be?

Post #52

Post by otseng »

RIP wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:13 pmBetter ban me.
Moderator Action

Banned.

Moderator actions indicate that a thread/post has been locked, moved, merged, or split.