Is Allah in Islam the same God of christians?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Is Allah in Islam the same God of Christians?

No
42%
Yes
50%
I don't know
8%

Total votes: 12

Atwine

Is Allah in Islam the same God of christians?

Post #1

Post by Atwine »

Some say that Allah the God in Islam is the same God as Yahweh of Christians. Give your honest opinion

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Is Allah in Islam the same God of christians?

Post #2

Post by Difflugia »

It depends on what one means by "the same," but I vote no.

For the same reasons, though, God of Catholics isn't the same god as God of Protestants and God of Baptists isn't the same god as God of the Pentecostals.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

sridatta
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by sridatta »

Atwine wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:46 pm Some say that Allah the God in Islam is the same God as Yahweh of Christians. Give your honest opinion
Think that you are the universal human being and not a Hindu or a Christian or a Muslim. You belong to all the Religions, which are the same syllabus in different languages. The same Lord appeared in different forms. Every Religion has a Gem. Use all the Gems in your spiritual life. Are you not using the Muslim petrol, scientific technology of Christians and analytical brain of Hindus in your materialistic life? Similarly you can use the merit of each Religion. Suppose paddy is grown in one part, pulses are grown in another part and vegetables are grown in some other part of the country. The department of civil supplies is moving rice, pulses and vegetables through out the country so that every person in the country has rice, pulses and vegetable curry in his meal plate. Such a meal only can give the full satisfaction to every body.

Muslims are famous in regularity, discipline and firmness in the faith of the Lord. Even if it is not a holiday and even if it is working time and even in the journey they will pray the Lord. Hindus worship the Lord in the leisure time and Christians worship the Lord on a holiday. Similarly the love of Christians is a Gem. They love even their enemies and give funds to the spiritual centers of other Religions also. In Hindus tolerance is the Gem. They worship different forms of the same Lord. Therefore have firm faith and discipline like a Muslim. Show love even to your enemies like a Christian. Worship the different forms of the same Lord of all the Religions in the same manner like a Hindu. All these merits are like rivers merging in the ocean of spiritualism. Be a sea fish. Don’t be a stagnant river fish. All the Religions in the advanced stage mix and become one and the same in the spiritual ocean.

This entire earth is the property of the absolute God since it is created by Him. No human being created any region of this earth and therefore the absolute right of this entire earth belongs to the absolute God only. It is the climax of foolishness of human beings to fight and kill each other for the sake of the borders of divisions of countries and for the ownership of any region on this earth.

The representatives of all the countries on this earth should unite and form a Central Government to control the terrorism in any country. It should be responsible for the peace of the entire world. If the peace is achieved in entire world in this way, it is a real achievement of the success of this holy Christmas.

Universal spirituality is the solution for these problems.. The Universal Spirituality is the basic universal knowledge or philosophy. The one God, who created this entire creation and who is the kind Father of all humanity, preached the same common universal knowledge to people in different places and times. The Universal Religion is the universal practical path of worshipping that one God and maintaining justice and peace in the world. The mode of worship is a part of culture and the variations in it are a matter of personal choice. The spirituality and religion are thus the theoretical and practical parts of the spiritual path and both are universal.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Yes, He's the same God. It's just that Muslims emphasise different aspects of His nature than Christians, and, for that matter, Jews.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Difflugia wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:09 pm It depends on what one means by "the same," but I vote no.

For the same reasons, though, God of Catholics isn't the same god as God of Protestants and God of Baptists isn't the same god as God of the Pentecostals.
Indeed. And beyond that, the God of some Catholics isn't the same God as some other Catholics and the same with Protestants, Baptists, Pentecostals, etc.

In a certain sense, it could be said there are as many Gods as there are humans who imagine them. They may use the same name others use to describe their God, but their imagination of that God could be and is most likely very different.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Shem Yoshi
Sage

Post #6

Post by Shem Yoshi »

I have certainly asked myself this question. Did Gabriel really reveal Islam to Muhammad? Sometimes I believe all Abrahamic religions have some kind of truth about God... But Im not sure. Maybe Muhammad was a false prophet?
“Them that die'll be the lucky ones.”

mms20102
Scholar

Post #7

Post by mms20102 »

I guess this question leads us to the same question, what is God?

In both religions, Christianity and Islam, you will see people saying the same description of the omni-Entity that has, full power, full knowledge and in the sky.

Yet, we Muslims are clear about the singularity of that entity, and Christians were divided about the nature of that God yet, with all that being said, if you open an Arabic bible, you will see the word Allah repeated thousands of times, and the reason is pretty simple, Allah means the only one omni-God.

Even in Quran, you can find affirmation that everyone believe in "Allah", the omni-God, but they made partners to him.
And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in the best manner, unless it be those of them who have done injustice, and say, “We believe in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him we are Muslims.”
Likewise, We sent down to you the Scripture. So those to whom We gave the Scripture believe in it, and some of these ones believe in it, but none repudiate Our signs except the deniers.
And you never used to read any Scripture before it, and you never used to write it down with your right hand; otherwise the advocates of falsehood would have doubted.
29:46-48
Say, “To whom does the earth and everyone in it belong, if you happen to know?” They will say, “To Allah.” Say , “Will you never remember ?” Say , “Who is the Lord of the seven heavens and Lord of the Great Throne?” They will say, “To Allah.” Say , “Will you never be mindful(of God) ?” Say , “In whose hand is the dominance of everything, and He grants refuge but cannot be granted refuge, if you happen to know?” They will say, “To Allah.” Say , “Then are you bewitched?” Rather, We have come up to them with the truth, yet they are surely liars. Never has Allah taken any offspring nor has there ever been any god with Him, for then each god would have taken away what he had created, and some of them would have gained supremacy over others. Highly Exalted is Allah, far above what they describe
23:84-91
As you can see, the belief of a supreme entity exists in both religions, and the diffrence is, understanding the nature of that supreme entity.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by boatsnguitars »

Atwine wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:46 pm Some say that Allah the God in Islam is the same God as Yahweh of Christians. Give your honest opinion
My curiosity is why some people feel they have to take one side or the other on this, for theological reasons. What's their game?

I was in a taxi and the driver said, "You know, i don't know why Christians and Muslims argue. We worship the same God!"

As if that meant anything to me. I don't know why religious people argue - except for the fact that there doesn't seem to be a God, so they're all just making crap up as they go along - or so it appears to me.

I said, "Different God" because as far as I can tell, each God wants different things for his followers. It wouldn't make sense that a single God would require different things. Plus, they are both clearly literary inventions from two different sources. However, they are both the Abrahamic God, so....

In the end, I don't really care. It's all about the actions of people. God has nothing to do with anything.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

mms20102
Scholar

Post #9

Post by mms20102 »

boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:01 am
My curiosity is why some people feel they have to take one side or the other on this, for theological reasons. What's their game?

I was in a taxi and the driver said, "You know, i don't know why Christians and Muslims argue. We worship the same God!"

As if that meant anything to me. I don't know why religious people argue - except for the fact that there doesn't seem to be a God, so they're all just making crap up as they go along - or so it appears to me.

I said, "Different God" because as far as I can tell, each God wants different things for his followers. It wouldn't make sense that a single God would require different things. Plus, they are both clearly literary inventions from two different sources. However, they are both the Abrahamic God, so....

In the end, I don't really care. It's all about the actions of people. God has nothing to do with anything.
as someone who has an opinion about God please tell me first what is God ?

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by boatsnguitars »

mms20102 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:30 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:01 am

as someone who has an opinion about God please tell me first what is God ?
Gods are characters in mythological tales that personify certain aspects of our reality in order to give shorthand explanations for complex things.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm