Good news of Gods kingdom

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

Good news of Gods kingdom

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

The bible teaches the coming of Gods kingdom is good news, only the wicked in Gods view need to fear its arrival. It begins for all creation when Jesus leads Gods armies to the earth and wipes out all wickedness. Satan will be abyssed for 1000 years. Then loosed for a little while to test the resurrected who are given a chance to learn and apply Gods will.
During that 1000 year reign of Christ, all things will be made new. Gods original plan-Mortals knowing only good, not aging like now, never sick, diseased, never without, no war, hatred, fear, pain, no mates cheating on one another, no drug addiction or drunkeness, no false god worship, no mortal govts,( Dan 2:44) love will be the motive of every heart to one another, perfect harmony amongst all of Gods creatures( Isaiah 11)--Loved ones resurrected and given an opportunity to gain everlasting life. Then- no more death.
One must live now for entrance into that kingdom, and Jesus taught-Matt 7:21-Only those who live now to do his Fathers will over their own will, get to enter his kingdom. How much value do you put on life everlasting like i have described above? It will be on a earth turned into a paradise( Eden) during that 1000 year reign of Christ. But then he hands the kingdom back to his God and Father and subjects himself( 1Cor 15:24-28) then Jehovah is king of eternity.

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: Good news of Gods kingdom

Post #11

Post by kjw47 »

RIP wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:59 pm [Replying to kjw47 in post #9]

As usual, you avoid my question?

Please answer.

Rip

It wasnt referred to as Gods kingdom back then.

RIP
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by RIP »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #11]

But it was God's Kingdom on earth back then. Correct? (Gen. 1:26-29) "...and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth..."

(Ps. 8:6) "Thou mades him to have dominion over the works of thy hands...."

God delegated to man authority as stewards over the earth to exercise His will over the earth. Isn't that what we pray for now? (Matt. 6:10) "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven."

In other words, before the fall of Adam, Adam and Eve did not need to say such a prayer. Because the Kingdom was already there. Correct?

Rip

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #13

Post by kjw47 »

RIP wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:35 am [Replying to kjw47 in post #11]

But it was God's Kingdom on earth back then. Correct? (Gen. 1:26-29) "...and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth..."

(Ps. 8:6) "Thou mades him to have dominion over the works of thy hands...."

God delegated to man authority as stewards over the earth to exercise His will over the earth. Isn't that what we pray for now? (Matt. 6:10) "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven."

In other words, before the fall of Adam, Adam and Eve did not need to say such a prayer. Because the Kingdom was already there. Correct?

Rip

It was never referred to as Gods kingdom back then, but in a sense it was.

RIP
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by RIP »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #13]

This is why I have said earlier, that to understand the Kingdom Christ came and preached, we have to understand that Kingdom in history. And it has a history.

As was seen in (Ps. 8:6). God did give man authority over the earth. And Adam was responsible to God in his exercise of that authority to do the will of God. So, the Kingdom of God on earth involves two things. Man and the laws and regulations from God by which man will exercise God's will on earth.

In other words, 'mediatorial rule'. The rule of God over the earth through man. It involves physical man and physical earth. It involves the spirit because man is a spirit and God is Spirit. But just because it involves the spirit doesn't mean the physical aspect is not involved. It is. Before Adam fell God pronounced all was good.

I disagree with the Platonic method of interpreting the Kingdom. As though physical and material is evil and spirit is good and Jesus came to set everyone straight and usher in His spiritual Kingdom.

Rip

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #15

Post by Checkpoint »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:45 pm The bible teaches the coming of Gods kingdom is good news, only the wicked in Gods view need to fear its arrival. It begins for all creation when Jesus leads Gods armies to the earth and wipes out all wickedness. Satan will be abyssed for 1000 years. Then loosed for a little while to test the resurrected who are given a chance to learn and apply Gods will.
During that 1000 year reign of Christ, all things will be made new. Gods original plan-Mortals knowing only good, not aging like now, never sick, diseased, never without, no war, hatred, fear, pain, no mates cheating on one another, no drug addiction or drunkeness, no false god worship, no mortal govts,( Dan 2:44) love will be the motive of every heart to one another, perfect harmony amongst all of Gods creatures( Isaiah 11)--Loved ones resurrected and given an opportunity to gain everlasting life. Then- no more death.
One must live now for entrance into that kingdom, and Jesus taught-Matt 7:21-Only those who live now to do his Fathers will over their own will, get to enter his kingdom. How much value do you put on life everlasting like i have described above? It will be on a earth turned into a paradise( Eden) during that 1000 year reign of Christ. But then he hands the kingdom back to his God and Father and subjects himself( 1Cor 15:24-28) then Jehovah is king of eternity.
A nice mix of misapplied truth with a wish or two not found in Scripture.

A well-known set of opinions promoted by a familiar group of believers.

But at least it ends with scriptural truth from Paul.

So,well done.

I now have just one question for you:

Does Jesus cease from being king when he hands the kingdom back to 'my Father and your Father", to "my God and your God"?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #16

Post by kjw47 »

Checkpoint wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:50 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:45 pm The bible teaches the coming of Gods kingdom is good news, only the wicked in Gods view need to fear its arrival. It begins for all creation when Jesus leads Gods armies to the earth and wipes out all wickedness. Satan will be abyssed for 1000 years. Then loosed for a little while to test the resurrected who are given a chance to learn and apply Gods will.
A nice mix of misapplied truth with a wish or two not found in Scripture.

A well-known set of opinions promoted by a familiar group of believers.

But at least it ends with scriptural truth from Paul.

So,well done.

Does Jesus cease from being king when he hands the kingdom back to 'my Father and your Father", to "my God and your God"?

I am pretty sure Jesus' kingship stops. YHWH(Jehovah) becomes king as he always was. Everything in my post is in the bible.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #16]

Checkpoint wrote:

kjw47 wrote:
I am pretty sure Jesus' kingship stops. YHWH(Jehovah) becomes king as he always was.

If his kingship stops then, what will be his new role?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by kjw47 »

Checkpoint wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:21 am [Replying to kjw47 in post #16]

Checkpoint wrote:

kjw47 wrote:
I am pretty sure Jesus' kingship stops. YHWH(Jehovah) becomes king as he always was.

He is Michael the archangel.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #19

Post by Checkpoint »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:49 pm
Checkpoint wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:50 pm

Everything in my post is in the bible.
Oh?

If only.

The good news of the kingdom of God certainly is.

However, the message Jesus proclaimed is not what you posted.

Further, your post sets it during the 1000 years of Revelation 20. The Bible does not.

Rather, the bible sets these things in Revelation 21 and 22, after the 1000 years, not during them.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #20

Post by Checkpoint »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:53 pm
Checkpoint wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:21 am [Replying to kjw47 in post #16]

Checkpoint wrote:

kjw47 wrote:

He is Michael the archangel.
No, he is not Michael the archangel. He never was and never will be.

He is the Son of God, the son of man, and the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.