How can I find a life-partner who will support me on my spiritual journey?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

sridatta
Banned
Banned

How can I find a life-partner who will support me on my spiritual journey?

Post #1

Post by sridatta »

Swami replied:
God will certainly help you in finding a suitable life-partner, if you desire that your life-partner should assist you in the spiritual line. A life-partner who will assist you in your spiritual effort is the greatest concept of a life-partner. There can be nothing better than this line of thinking regarding a life-partner because one’s spiritual effort is the most important aspect of human life. Unfortunately, most people realize the importance of the spiritual effort only at the end of their lives. If a yearning for the spiritual goal is seen at a young age in a person, it means that the soul had a lot of spiritual inclination in the previous birth, which has continued into the present birth. Procreating the future generation of humanity through marriage is also a sacred service to God. But before marriage, it is necessary to earn one’s livelihood, unless one has sufficient ancestral wealth.

brunumb
Savant

Re: How can I find a life-partner who will support me on my spiritual journey?

Post #2

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to sridatta in post #1]

God has provided many dating apps for that purpose.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Purple Knight »

Marry an atheist (one who doesn't mind your beliefs) because anybody else will have a slightly different interpretation of the spiritual world and since (I mean, I hope) each of your interpretations is sacred to you, any difference in opinion could turn into a relationship-ending holy war.

sridatta
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by sridatta »

Purple Knight wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:04 pm Marry an atheist (one who doesn't mind your beliefs) because anybody else will have a slightly different interpretation of the spiritual world and since (I mean, I hope) each of your interpretations is sacred to you, any difference in opinion could turn into a relationship-ending holy war.
Marriage shall take place when there is a match between the male and the female in all aspects. Similarly, a debate also shall take place between two scholars having perfect matching Scriptural knowledge (Vivāhaśca vivādaśca, samayoreve śobhate). Regarding the topic of marriage, the match shall be in every aspect. This means that if the man is rich, he can aspire for a rich female and this is a match in wealth.

Similarly, if the man is educated, he can aspire for an educated female and this is a match in education. Similarly, if the man is beautiful, he can aspire for a beautiful female and this is a match in beauty. Like this, the match should be in every aspect. Suppose, a rich man, who is not beautiful, aspires for a beautiful female, this is not called as a match. Matching cannot be done between two different aspects.

As such, internal beauty, which is the character of good qualities, is more important than external beauty. Married life will be very happy if there is a match in internal beauty. Internal beauty is permanent and stays lifelong. Not only lifelong, it continues forever in the future births also. If the man is not beautiful and marries a beautiful female based on his strong richness, elders say that such a wife will become an enemy to the man (Bhāryā rūpavatī śatruḥ…).

The reason is, in such a case, there is every possibility of her loose character bringing tensions to the husband by which the married life becomes hell. In telugu, there is a saying (Illu irakaṭaṃ āli markaṭam), which means that the house shall be small and the wife shall be a monkey. The idea behind this is explained by the elders like this:- If the house is small, it will be easy to clean it frequently in a day and if the wife is not good looking, she will maintain perfect character and the married life will be a heaven.

This saying can be digested in the angle of the concept that the external beauty is temporary whereas the internal beauty is permanent and hence, a wise man gives importance to the internal beauty. If internal beauty matches, even Spiritual life is very much strengthened and encouraged because the wife also participates in the Spiritual efforts of the man leading the man to be successful in his Spiritual life. It is generally said that a woman in the form of wife is always behind the success of a man.

The actual sense of dating before marriage is to study the important internal beauty of qualities of each other and not to have the physical relationship related to temporary external beauty and temporary lust. Goddess Parvati is very beautiful externally and loved the most beautiful (externally and internally) Lord Shiva and tried to attract God Shiva towards her marvellous external beauty with the help of the flower arrows of Cupid (Kaama deva).

Even though the external beauty is matching, God Shiva did not proceed to give consent to the marriage. God Shiva wanted to test the match of internal beauty of qualities also. Therefore, God Shiva burnt Cupid with His third eye and disappeared indicating that external beauty and its related lust are not important. Later on, Goddess Parvati did severe penance and burnt her lust related to external beauty and was leftover with internal beauty of qualities that is related to her pure love for Lord Shiva.

Temporary external beauty is always related to temporary lust and eternal internal beauty is always related to eternal love. God Shiva came in disguise and tested Parvati for her pure love to Him. He found a match in internal beauty as well and only then, proceeded for marriage with her. Even Gopikas, who are reborn sages doing severe penance for God (like Parvati), selected God Krishna as their real husband based on the love or devotion to God and not based on the external beauty of Krishna related to hormonal provoked lust. Temporary lust shall follow the eternal love and the eternal love will not follow the temporary lust.