The good news of Gods kingdom

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

The good news of Gods kingdom

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

Yes it really is good news, the coming of Gods kingdom rule to all creation. Only the wicked fear its arrival.
Jesus will lead Gods armies to the earth and bring that kingdom rule with him. Satan will be captured and abyssed for 1000 years. During that time, the earth will be transformed into an Eden(paradise)--mankind will go back to perfection, never sick, never without, not aging like now. No more- war, hatred, fear, abuse, sickness, disease, afflictions like blindness, etc) no cheating on mates, drunkeness, drug addiction, no false god worship, Gods kingdom rule will be a cure all. Even dead love ones resurrected and some given a chance to learn and apply Gods will. But then satan is loosed for a little while to test the resurrected ones, many( Gog of Magog- will fall as the sands of the sea( rev 20:8) the bible says. Then satan and all who were mislead by him will be destroyed forever in the lake of fire. And death will be no more, neither will mourning, outcries or pain. Gods kingdom rule in full control forever, all motives of mortal hearts out of love, not profit. Perfect harmony from all of Gods creatures( Isaiah 11)--- Eternal life of happiness. This will be on earth.( Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:29)

Will you live for entrance into that kingdom now?

tam
Savant

Re: The good news of Gods kingdom

Post #71

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
MissKate13 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:09 am
tam wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:33 am I believe timothy said there is NO hellfire (which is correct). Meaning... no eternal torment.
Where does Timothy say there is no hellfire? Scripture please.

Tam, I don’t read long posts I don’t have time to wade through them.
By timothy I meant the poster whose user name is 2timothy316.

But I can list a couple links from the topic of hell on this forum.

From the thread "Eternal Hell: Yes or No": viewtopic.php?p=1028604#p1028604

From the thread "God's truth about hell": viewtopic.php?p=1000376#p1000376

There are many others of course; it has been a big topic.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

tam
Savant

Post #72

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:28 am
tam wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:33 am Peace to you,

[Replying to boatsnguitars in post #65]

I believe timothy said there is NO hellfire (which is correct). Meaning... no eternal torment.

Peace again.
There's no hellfire?

There is no eternal torment in "hellfire".
Can you please confirm this,
Please see the links posted to misskate above as a jumping off point if you wish to see evidence for this.

as I'm not sure timothy is the proper official to confirm or deny this - or does he have knowledge the rest of us don't?
I brought timothy up only because you responded to his post as if he had not just said there is no 'hellfire'. You missed that in his response.

Peace to you.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #73

Post by boatsnguitars »

tam wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:00 am Peace to you,

I believe timothy said there is NO hellfire (which is correct). Meaning... no eternal torment.

Peace again.
There's no hellfire?

Please see the links posted to misskate above as a jumping off point if you wish to see evidence for this.

as I'm not sure timothy is the proper official to confirm or deny this - or does he have knowledge the rest of us don't?
I brought timothy up only because you responded to his post as if he had not just said there is no 'hellfire'. You missed that in his response.

Peace to you.
So, all Christians agree there is no Hellfire? Because if not, then I'd need to see an official memorandum fro the Head Office. Actually, I'll need to see that memo regardless, as I don't trust religious people. As you may be aware, the vast majority of them have been or are wrong.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

tam
Savant

Post #74

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:52 pm
tam wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:00 am Peace to you,

Peace again.
There's no hellfire?

Peace to you.
So, all Christians agree there is no Hellfire? Because if not, then I'd need to see an official memorandum fro the Head Office. Actually, I'll need to see that memo regardless, as I don't trust religious people. As you may be aware, the vast majority of them have been or are wrong.
You don't trust religious people but you believe the ones who teach an eternal torment in 'hellfire'?

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #75

Post by boatsnguitars »

tam wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:03 pm You don't trust religious people but you believe the ones who teach an eternal torment in 'hellfire'?
Maybe I trust these guys. They seem to know what they're talking about. After all, I want a God that will punish evil doers, don't you?

From the Mahabharata:

"Then the messengers of Yama, terrible and of fierce aspect, and endued with great energy, and possessed of eyes like lotus leaves, bearing heavy clubs in their hands and resembling the embodied forms of Death, approached that high-souled one. And those terrible messengers of the king of the dead, binding him fast, led him away, overcome with fatigue and thirst, to the regions of Yama. And they led him through many regions full of terrors and enveloped in thick darkness, and where the Sun shed not his rays, and where there was no moon and no fire, and where the wind blew fiercely. And he was bound with a cord by those fierce creatures, resembling giants in prowess, and who were incapable of being repressed by force or of being pacified by speech." (Mahabharata, Book 3, Section CLXXXV)

From the Garuda Purana:

"And as a slayer of a Brahmana sinks into hell, so doth one who steals gold, and he who violates a guru’s bed, and a killer of a friend, and a violator of a friend’s wife. For each of these sins, for these five most grievous crimes, doth the perpetrator sink into Naraka, having the most awful tortures." (Garuda Purana, Chapter XLIV)

"Thus, O son of Kunti, sinful mortals, addicted to sensuality, wrath, avarice, vanity and other vices, are all doomed to the fearful hells known as Andhatamisra, Raurava, Maharaurava, Kumbhipaka, Kalasutra, Asipatravana and Sanjivana, where they are tormented by gruesome afflictions." (Garuda Purana, Chapter VII)
― Omar Khayyâm

tam
Savant

Post #76

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:31 pm
tam wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:03 pm You don't trust religious people but you believe the ones who teach an eternal torment in 'hellfire'?
Maybe I trust these guys. They seem to know what they're talking about. After all, I want a God that will punish evil doers, don't you?

From the Mahabharata:

"Then the messengers of Yama, terrible and of fierce aspect, and endued with great energy, and possessed of eyes like lotus leaves, bearing heavy clubs in their hands and resembling the embodied forms of Death, approached that high-souled one. And those terrible messengers of the king of the dead, binding him fast, led him away, overcome with fatigue and thirst, to the regions of Yama. And they led him through many regions full of terrors and enveloped in thick darkness, and where the Sun shed not his rays, and where there was no moon and no fire, and where the wind blew fiercely. And he was bound with a cord by those fierce creatures, resembling giants in prowess, and who were incapable of being repressed by force or of being pacified by speech." (Mahabharata, Book 3, Section CLXXXV)

From the Garuda Purana:

"And as a slayer of a Brahmana sinks into hell, so doth one who steals gold, and he who violates a guru’s bed, and a killer of a friend, and a violator of a friend’s wife. For each of these sins, for these five most grievous crimes, doth the perpetrator sink into Naraka, having the most awful tortures." (Garuda Purana, Chapter XLIV)

"Thus, O son of Kunti, sinful mortals, addicted to sensuality, wrath, avarice, vanity and other vices, are all doomed to the fearful hells known as Andhatamisra, Raurava, Maharaurava, Kumbhipaka, Kalasutra, Asipatravana and Sanjivana, where they are tormented by gruesome afflictions." (Garuda Purana, Chapter VII)
If that is what you want, then what were you complaining about?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #77

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:51 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:43 pm
tam wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:45 am Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:50 pm
tam wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:38 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:35 pm
tam wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:36 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:04 pm
tam wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:22 pm [Replying to kjw47 in post #1]

The good news of God's Kingdom is Christ.

Through Christ, we can be reconciled to God (even be invited into the new Covenant with God). Through Christ - the Tree of Life from whom we must eat in order to live forever - we have life in us, even eternal life. Through Christ, we have forgiveness of sins and through Christ, we are saved from Death. We are even invited to be part of the New Covenant (through Christ, the mediator of the new covenant). We can even know God Himself - even become SONS of God, Himself.

Do you see?

Christ - whose name is Jaheshua (meaning JAH saves) - is himself the Good News (Gospel) of the Kingdom.

A paradise on earth is one good thing to come as a result, but without Christ, we would have none of it! If Christ had not given His life as a ransom for us, we would still be in slavery/subjection to death. Our focus - our eyes, our heart, our ears - is meant to be upon Christ, who is the LIFE, the King of all God's Kingdom, the beloved Son and Chosen One of JAH.

Peace again to you,
tammy

Focus to be on his example he set for all, and learning and applying all he taught. That is the way and truth and if one does both of those things they will get life. The following proves our focus to be on the Father--I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me---The Father is ones destination to accomplish this-John 4:22-24--As well Jesus teaches--Matt 6:33- Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) Father) righteousness and all these things will be added(sustenance, covering, spirituality)--see Jesus did not teach to seek his righteousness-he teaches to seek his God and Fathers righteousness.
Perhaps this is a language issue?

Our eyes are to be upon Christ:

Let us fix our eyes on [Jesus], the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Christ is the One to whom the Father said to listen - and so also our ears are to be upon Christ, who is the Word of God, and through whom God speaks to us):

A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.” Luke 9:35 (See also John 10:27; Rev 3:20 - noting that His sheep listen to His - Christ's - voice.)

Also our hearts:

“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him." John 14:23 (see also John 14:21; 15:10).

If we see Christ, then we see His Father also. If we know Christ, then we know His Father also.

It is Christ Himself who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He is the Way (to the Father - no one comes to the Father EXCEPT through Him); He is the Truth (including being God's truth; and He shows us the Father as the Father truly is); and He is the Life.

May I ask, what do you think it means to seek God's righteousness?

Peace again to you,
tammy

Matt 6:33-Matt 7:21-- John 4:22-24--and learn and apply-EVERY utterance from God as Jesus said man must live by them.
Sorry, is this your response to my question: May I ask, what do you think it means to seek God's righteousness?

I showed you--Matt 6:33--Seeking the kingdom first over self--Matt 7:21--Living to do the Fathers will over self--John 4:22-24 worshipping the Father in spirit and truth, Just like Jesus does.
Thank you. It just wasn't clear that this is the part of my post to which you were responding.

I understand seeking God's righteousness a bit different than you have described... in that seeking His righteousness means to seek that God IS righteous in all that He says and does. This would be the opposite of what Adam did in the Garden of Eden when Adam blamed God for his actions ('the woman YOU put here with me...") In that case, Adam sought his own righteousness instead of repenting and seeking God's righteousness. Or as another example, if someone misunderstood or taught something false (or listened to false teachers) and then blamed it on God - this would be them seeking their own righteousness rather than seeking God's righteousness.

Or when some people say that God was at fault for the flood, instead of seeking His righteousness in that act: to save life, to prevent a much more terrible fate for the rest of humanity to come, to protect His children, etc.

Seek HIS righteousness (and all other things will be added to you.)

Peace again to you,
tammy

The true God=YHWH(Jehovah) not the non existent trinity.
Why are you saying this to me? It has nothing to do with anything we are talking about. I told you previously that I am not a trinitarian, so you cannot use that as an excuse to dismiss anything in my posts.

Peace again.

Which God do you serve?

tam
Savant

Post #78

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:50 pm
tam wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:51 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:43 pm
tam wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:45 am Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:50 pm
tam wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:38 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:35 pm
tam wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:36 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:04 pm
tam wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:22 pm [Replying to kjw47 in post #1]

The good news of God's Kingdom is Christ.

Through Christ, we can be reconciled to God (even be invited into the new Covenant with God). Through Christ - the Tree of Life from whom we must eat in order to live forever - we have life in us, even eternal life. Through Christ, we have forgiveness of sins and through Christ, we are saved from Death. We are even invited to be part of the New Covenant (through Christ, the mediator of the new covenant). We can even know God Himself - even become SONS of God, Himself.

Do you see?

Christ - whose name is Jaheshua (meaning JAH saves) - is himself the Good News (Gospel) of the Kingdom.

A paradise on earth is one good thing to come as a result, but without Christ, we would have none of it! If Christ had not given His life as a ransom for us, we would still be in slavery/subjection to death. Our focus - our eyes, our heart, our ears - is meant to be upon Christ, who is the LIFE, the King of all God's Kingdom, the beloved Son and Chosen One of JAH.

Peace again to you,
tammy

Focus to be on his example he set for all, and learning and applying all he taught. That is the way and truth and if one does both of those things they will get life. The following proves our focus to be on the Father--I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me---The Father is ones destination to accomplish this-John 4:22-24--As well Jesus teaches--Matt 6:33- Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) Father) righteousness and all these things will be added(sustenance, covering, spirituality)--see Jesus did not teach to seek his righteousness-he teaches to seek his God and Fathers righteousness.
Perhaps this is a language issue?

Our eyes are to be upon Christ:

Let us fix our eyes on [Jesus], the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Christ is the One to whom the Father said to listen - and so also our ears are to be upon Christ, who is the Word of God, and through whom God speaks to us):

A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.” Luke 9:35 (See also John 10:27; Rev 3:20 - noting that His sheep listen to His - Christ's - voice.)

Also our hearts:

“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him." John 14:23 (see also John 14:21; 15:10).

If we see Christ, then we see His Father also. If we know Christ, then we know His Father also.

It is Christ Himself who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He is the Way (to the Father - no one comes to the Father EXCEPT through Him); He is the Truth (including being God's truth; and He shows us the Father as the Father truly is); and He is the Life.

May I ask, what do you think it means to seek God's righteousness?

Peace again to you,
tammy

Matt 6:33-Matt 7:21-- John 4:22-24--and learn and apply-EVERY utterance from God as Jesus said man must live by them.
Sorry, is this your response to my question: May I ask, what do you think it means to seek God's righteousness?

I showed you--Matt 6:33--Seeking the kingdom first over self--Matt 7:21--Living to do the Fathers will over self--John 4:22-24 worshipping the Father in spirit and truth, Just like Jesus does.
Thank you. It just wasn't clear that this is the part of my post to which you were responding.

I understand seeking God's righteousness a bit different than you have described... in that seeking His righteousness means to seek that God IS righteous in all that He says and does. This would be the opposite of what Adam did in the Garden of Eden when Adam blamed God for his actions ('the woman YOU put here with me...") In that case, Adam sought his own righteousness instead of repenting and seeking God's righteousness. Or as another example, if someone misunderstood or taught something false (or listened to false teachers) and then blamed it on God - this would be them seeking their own righteousness rather than seeking God's righteousness.

Or when some people say that God was at fault for the flood, instead of seeking His righteousness in that act: to save life, to prevent a much more terrible fate for the rest of humanity to come, to protect His children, etc.

Seek HIS righteousness (and all other things will be added to you.)

Peace again to you,
tammy

The true God=YHWH(Jehovah) not the non existent trinity.
Why are you saying this to me? It has nothing to do with anything we are talking about. I told you previously that I am not a trinitarian, so you cannot use that as an excuse to dismiss anything in my posts.

Peace again.

Which God do you serve?
The Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH. The God and Father of Christ.

Peace again to you.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #79

Post by boatsnguitars »

tam wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:57 pm If that is what you want, then what were you complaining about?
I didn't realize it was so easy, I guess. I thought things actually had to be true, not that you just had to want them to be true.
Awesome! I didn't realize Faith was so fun!
― Omar Khayyâm