Try to Disprove Genesis 1:1

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

YourWordIsTruth
Student

Try to Disprove Genesis 1:1

Post #1

Post by YourWordIsTruth »

The Holy Bible opens with the Words: "In the beginning God Created the heavens and the earth", Genesis 1:1

I would like to see anyone try and disprove this

YourWordIsTruth
Student

Re: Try to Disprove Genesis 1:1

Post #41

Post by YourWordIsTruth »

Athetotheist wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:53 am [Replying to YourWordIsTruth in post #38
Verse 2 says, "Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment"

So, are we to understand this to mean, that if Bible-believing Christians, oppose the EVIL of homosexuality, which the Bible calls an "abomination" with God, they will be punished by God for following His very clear Teachings in His Word?
That's your dilemma, isn't it?
"For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you"
Do you think this is true? If you're doing what's right, are they honoring you?
I firmly believe in the 66 Books of the infallible, Inspired, Inerrant, Perfect Word of God in the Holy Bible

It is those who do not hold to this GREAT TRUTH, who are playing with the devil!

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #42

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to YourWordIsTruth in post #41

If you're doing what's right, are they honoring you?
I firmly believe in the 66 Books of the infallible, Inspired, Inerrant, Perfect Word of God in the Holy Bible

It is those who do not hold to this GREAT TRUTH, who are playing with the devil!
I don't think that answers the question.

otseng
Savant

Post #43

Post by otseng »

YourWordIsTruth wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:21 am It is those who do not hold to this GREAT TRUTH, who are playing with the devil!
:warning: Moderator Warning

This would be an indirect attack and also be preaching.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.