Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dad1
Under Suspension

Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #1

Post by dad1 »

Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

Miles
Savant

Re: Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #2

Post by Miles »

dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible.
Hey, the Bible also says:

Mark 13: 30-31
30 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living. 31 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever.

—Never happened— So, so much for what the Bible says.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:07 pm
dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible.

30 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living. 31 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever.

Israel was restored over 2,000 years ago when Cyrus issued the order for the Jews to return to their homeland. So much for meager understandings of the Scriptures.

Also, the planet and the heavens are never said to be destroyed. They are said to be EXPOSED and restored, with all wickedness done away with. The writing of Peter in this regard is metaphorical, and if we would take the time to really think about it we could understand this. (A good source for really getting the meaning of this is www.jw.org .......put any question in the box in right hand corner.

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:56 pm

Also, the planet and the heavens are never said to be destroyed.
In the given context I'll take the NWT's "will pass away" as synonymous with "destroyed" any day of the week.

Mark 13:31 (New World Translation)
31  Heaven and earth will pass away,+ but my words will by no means pass away.+

Thank you,

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Of course they are:

2Peter 3:10

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed."

It couldn't possibly be stated any clearer.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

onewithhim
Savant

Post #6

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:20 am

In the given context I'll take the NWT's "will pass away" as synonymous with "destroyed" any day of the week.

Thank you,

"Heaven" refers to the governmental arrangements by men. The "earth" here refers to the wicked societies of men. Dig a little deeper.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #7

Post by onewithhim »

Tcg wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:15 am
Of course they are:

2Peter 3:10

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed."

It couldn't possibly be stated any clearer.

Tcg
True. It is clear that the "heavenly bodies," or, the governmental arrangements of men, will be done away with, and the societies of humans that are in opposition to Jehovah will be exposed and subsequently also done away with. You notice that the word "exposed" is used there. We will all see what the truth is about the governments and socieities ruled by the Devil, and their doom is understood.

Miles
Savant

Post #8

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:42 am
Miles wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:20 am

Thank you,

"Heaven" refers to the governmental arrangements by men. The "earth" here refers to the wicked societies of men. Dig a little deeper.
Hmmm. Well, lets see what the Jehovah's Witnesses Web Site has to say about heaven.

"The word “heaven” is used in three basic senses in the Bible: (1) the physical heavens; (2) the spirit realm; and (3) a symbol of a high or exalted position. In each case, the context helps determine the correct understanding. 

1. The physical heavens. In this sense, “the heavens” refers to earth’s atmosphere, where the winds blow, the birds fly, the clouds produce rain and snow, and the lightning flashes.

2. The spirit realm. The term “heaven” also refers to the spiritual heavens, or spirit realm, a level of existence higher than and outside of the physical universe.

3. A symbol of a high or exalted position. The Scriptures use “heaven” to represent an elevated position.
"

Ah, not a thing about "'Heaven' referring to the governmental arrangements by men." Maybe a look at "earth" will prove more fruitful. Again, searching the Jehovah's Witnesses Web Site, there isn't a thing connecting "earth" with the wickedness of anyone.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS, because neither the governmental arrangements by men nor the wicked societies of men ever passed away or were destroyed, as Jesus said would happen while some of the people of that time were still living.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #9

Post by dad1 »

Mark 13:29
So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
Mark 13:30
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

The clear meaning is that WHEN you see certain things happen THEN you will know it is near. The generation of us that see that will not pass away.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #10

Post by dad1 »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:56 pm Israel was restored over 2,000 years ago when Cyrus issued the order for the Jews to return to their homeland.
No. That has nothing to do with when all Israel gets saved and Jesus returns and restores them.

Yet Jesus said heaven and earth will pass away. The New testament tells us we look forward to new heavens.
They are said to be EXPOSED and restored, with all wickedness done away with.
No. They are to be burned with fire.

The writing of Peter in this regard is metaphorical, and if we would take the time to really think about it we could understand this.
No. There are many places that speak of this.
Isaiah 65:17
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Peter also makes it clear. 1 Peter 3: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Calling it metaphorical is unbelief.
(A good source for really getting the meaning of this is www.jw.org .......put any question in the box in right hand corner.
Ha. JW. Need we say more?