Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dad1
Under Suspension

Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #1

Post by dad1 »

Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #51

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:26 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:19 am Apparently, the "many", who are running down the broad path to destruction (Mt 7:13), do so at the behest of the 'false prophets" (Mt 7:15), of whom Paul is foremost among them, who teaches "lawlessness" (Mt 7:15-23), and who will be told along with the "many", "I never knew you".
Thanks for showing your fangs. Pardon my if I raise my foot.
I thought only dogs raised their foot when urinating on someone. The point you should take seriously is that you label yourself as a dad, yet you push Peter, who Yeshua declared was "Satan", and a "stumbling block to me" (Mt 16:23), and who also said if you cause any of the "little children" to "stumble", it would be better for you if you had not been born. I don't know, from where I am standing, it doesn't look good for you. I think you are confusing a double-edged sword for fangs. They are two different weapons.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #52

Post by dad1 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:50 pm

I thought
Must be inspired to blaspheme Paul and the New Testament.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #53

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:39 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:50 pm

I thought
Must be inspired to blaspheme Paul and the New Testament.
Your NT current accepted canon came from the Roman church via Athanasius, the Catholic bishop of Alexandria in the year 367 A.D. per his Easter (pagan holiday)festal letter. It isn't even uniformly accepted, and a Protestant leader/Luther worked hard to discredit many letters, such as James and Revelation. Blasphemy comes from someone claiming the attributes of a deity for a man, which would be an example of the churches attitude towards Paul, or if you think I do not have enough reverence for your god Paul. I think blasphemy may be involved, but not on my part.

blasphemies 1 a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God accused of blasphemy b : the act of claiming the attributes of a deity for a mere man

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #54

Post by dad1 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:54 pm
Your NT current accepted canon came from the Roman church via Athanasius, the Catholic bishop of Alexandria in the year 367 A.D. per his Easter (pagan holiday)festal letter. It isn't even uniformly accepted, and a Protestant leader/Luther worked hard to discredit many letters, such as James and Revelation. Blasphemy comes from someone claiming the attributes of a deity for a man, which would be an example of the churches attitude towards Paul, or if you think I do not have enough reverence for your god Paul. I think blasphemy may be involved, but not on my part.

blasphemies 1 a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God accused of blasphemy b : the act of claiming the attributes of a deity for a mere man
So the translated word from Scripture is actually this

" blasphemed

Thayer's

to speak reproachfully, rail at, revile, calumniate, blaspheme
to be evil spoken of, reviled, railed at

Strong's

From G989; to vilify; specifically to speak impiously: - (speak) blaspheme (-er, -mously, -my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.
Mounce's
to blaspheme, insult, slander, curse(pass.) to be slandered

So yes that is what you have done in badmouthing the Scripture and apostle.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #55

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

dad1 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:58 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:54 pm

So the translated word from Scripture is actually this

" blasphemed

Thayer's

to speak reproachfully, rail at, revile, calumniate, blaspheme
to be evil spoken of, reviled, railed at

Strong's

From G989; to vilify; specifically to speak impiously: - (speak) blaspheme (-er, -mously, -my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.
Mounce's
to blaspheme, insult, slander, curse(pass.) to be slandered

So yes that is what you have done in badmouthing the Scripture and apostle.
To "slander" is to say something untrue. According to Yeshua, anyone saying "he is in the wilderness", such as was done by Paul, "do not believe them", in other words, what they say is "untrue" (Mt 24:26). Yeshua also said that anyone who is their own witness, such as was done by Paul, their statement "is not true" (John 5:31). Yeshua reviling the money changers at the Temple, is not classified as "blasphemy". According to Yeshua, "scripture" "cannot be broken" (John 10:35), much less being made obsolete and or nailed to a cross. Blaspheming, reviling, railing at me, according to your definition, is while an inappropriate application of the term, it is probably not path to take (Mt 7:13 & Mt 24:11-12). Your NT is the product of the daughters of Babylon. Yeshua said one must "come out of her" (Babylon) or suffer of her plagues. (Rev 18:4).

otseng
Savant

Post #56

Post by otseng »

dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:26 pm Thanks for showing your fangs.
dad1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:59 pm Run along.
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please cease from making personal remarks.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #57

Post by dad1 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:57 am To "slander" is to say something untrue. According to Yeshua, anyone saying "he is in the wilderness", such as was done by Paul, "do not believe them",
.. Yeshua also said that anyone who is their own witness, such as was done by Paul, their statement "is not true" (John 5:31).
Acts 9:17
And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Merry Christmas

Acts 9:19
And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

Acts 9:27
But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #58

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

dad1 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:45 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:57 am To "slander" is to say something untrue. According to Yeshua, anyone saying "he is in the wilderness", such as was done by Paul, "do not believe them",
.. Yeshua also said that anyone who is their own witness, such as was done by Paul, their statement "is not true" (John 5:31).
And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Merry Christmas

And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
Acts was written anonymously, and possibly by some guy named Luke, who was supposedly an associate of Paul, from whom the author of Acts most likely got his information, since Luke, in Luke 1-3 says he was a first-person witness of nothing he wrote. As for some guy named Ananias, well there are plenty of guys named Ananias, one was supposedly struck down dead by the Holy Spirit for lying, and one who was supposedly the high priest, who declared a death sentence on Yeshua. And who named all this "holy", well that would be the Holy Roman Catholic Church, a daughter of Babylon, who sat on the beast of Rev 17:3. Your source material is suspect.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #59

Post by dad1 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:36 pm

Merry Christmas

Acts was written anonymously, and possibly by some guy named Luke, who was supposedly an associate of Paul, from whom the author of Acts most likely got his information, since Luke, in Luke 1-3 says he was a first-person witness of nothing he wrote. As for some guy named Ananias, well there are plenty of guys named Ananias, one was supposedly struck down dead by the Holy Spirit for lying, and one who was supposedly the high priest, who declared a death sentence on Yeshua. And who named all this "holy", well that would be the Holy Roman Catholic Church, a daughter of Babylon, who sat on the beast of Rev 17:3. Your source material is suspect.
I see. So you claim Paul was a false prophet. Now Acts is garbage. Keep us posted which entire books or apostles are frauds now, eh?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #60

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

dad1 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:01 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:36 pm

Merry Christmas

I see. So you claim Paul was a false prophet. Now Acts is garbage. Keep us posted which entire books or apostles are frauds now, eh?
The often-assumed author of Acts, the unknown character Luke, is associated with Paul. The 3 shepherds of Zechariah 11, Paul, Judas, and Peter are all associated with "Satan" (Mt 16:23 & John 13:27 & 2 Corinthians 12:7), and all associated with the Gentile church, the church/flock "doomed for slaughter" (Zech 11:7). It is the same "house"/church doomed to "fall" because they didn't build on the foundation of the message of Yeshua (Mt 7:24-27) Acts is a third-party chronicle supposedly assimilated by some part time historian, with links to the dubious Paul.