The Pure in Heart

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

The Pure in Heart

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

What about those JW’s who believe they will spend eternity on planet earth? They’ll never get to see YHWH for His dwelling place always has and always will be in heaven. That’s very sad!
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: The Pure in Heart

Post #11

Post by Athetotheist »

2timothy316 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:39 pm
Athetotheist wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:41 pm [Replying to 2timothy316 in post #8
JW, myself and most Jehovah's Witnesses speak to people of all cultures, faiths and races all over the world daily. Who can say they do that? We go to people's houses, meet them in the street, at work, anywhere and everywhere. Who comes close to doing that?
I guess you've never heard of that tiny backwater church with the initials "L.D.S.".......
They are mostly concentrated in the US. They are 160 countries, JWs are in 239. They also don't preach like we do. When we come to a person's home, normally we are the ones that study with that person all the way to baptism. The LDS pass the person off to someone else. JWs also live in the neighborhoods that we preach in. In LDS the door to door work is by young males and most of the time they don't live in the area they preach in. As a JW everyone preaches. From the youngest to the oldest and both male and female. Folks that opt in for LDS door to door work, do that for only 2 years. There are JW members that have done the door to door work for more than 60 years. LDS are paid JW are not. Here is the big one, the LDS have the book of Mormon and know more about that then the Bible.

So the statement by JW, "In my experience people generally .... think very carefully before attempting to argue scripture with one of Jehovahs Witnesses" still holds true.

Now how do I know this? Because I have talked with LDS members.
And as of 2021,

LDS: approx. 16.8 million

JW: approx. 8.7 million

Curious similarity----you and they seem to share a belief that the Bible has been corrupted over time.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: The Pure in Heart

Post #12

Post by 2timothy316 »

Athetotheist wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:44 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:39 pm
Athetotheist wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:41 pm [Replying to 2timothy316 in post #8
JW, myself and most Jehovah's Witnesses speak to people of all cultures, faiths and races all over the world daily. Who can say they do that? We go to people's houses, meet them in the street, at work, anywhere and everywhere. Who comes close to doing that?
I guess you've never heard of that tiny backwater church with the initials "L.D.S.".......
They are mostly concentrated in the US. They are 160 countries, JWs are in 239. They also don't preach like we do. When we come to a person's home, normally we are the ones that study with that person all the way to baptism. The LDS pass the person off to someone else. JWs also live in the neighborhoods that we preach in. In LDS the door to door work is by young males and most of the time they don't live in the area they preach in. As a JW everyone preaches. From the youngest to the oldest and both male and female. Folks that opt in for LDS door to door work, do that for only 2 years. There are JW members that have done the door to door work for more than 60 years. LDS are paid JW are not. Here is the big one, the LDS have the book of Mormon and know more about that then the Bible.

So the statement by JW, "In my experience people generally .... think very carefully before attempting to argue scripture with one of Jehovahs Witnesses" still holds true.

Now how do I know this? Because I have talked with LDS members.
And as of 2021,

LDS: approx. 16.8 million

JW: approx. 8.7 million

Curious similarity----you and they seem to share a belief that the Bible has been corrupted over time.
Numbers doesn't mean the individual members will know more about the Bible. You're making a strawman argument.

There are passages that were part of the Bible for hundreds of years that shouldn't be there. Such as additions to 1 John 5:7. Yet there are new translations that removed these additions and they are Bibles not produced by JWs and LDS. It is not just JW and LDS that know this fact. But this too has nothing to do with the debate.