Do you listen to Jesus?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

Do you listen to Jesus?

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

John 14:6--I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

the way= Learning and applying all that Jesus taught and following his example.
The truth--his words are truth given to him from the Father( John 5:30) to teach.
the life= The bible teaches-by obeying is proof of ones love for God and his son. Not pick and choose, but EVERY utterance from God Jesus said man must live by. That takes years and years of bible study-OT-NT it never stops.

Notice ones destination is not to stop at Jesus but he sends his true followers to his Father to accomplish this-John 4:22-24- Notice he warns of all other gods being false then teaches--the true worshippers will worship the Father( not Father, son and HS) in spirit and truth.
At Matt 6:33--Keep on seeking - FIRST- the kingdom and his ( YHWH(Jehovah) Father) righteousness and all these things will be added(sustenance, covering, spirituality)--When one does this only then they can accomplish John 4:22-24

At John 17:1-6,26-- A prayer to his Father--erse 3-This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus. verse 6=YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah)

Do you listen to Jesus? Do you believe Jesus over misleading errors?

tam
Savant

Re: Do you listen to Jesus?

Post #11

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:17 pm
tam wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:55 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:30 pm
tam wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:54 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:17 pm John 14:6--I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Christ (Jaheshua), yes.
the way= Learning and applying all that Jesus taught and following his example.
Christ is HIMSELF the Way (and the Truth and the Life). We are to follow HIM (of course this can include following the example that He has given us).

The truth--his words are truth given to him from the Father( John 5:30) to teach.
Again, Christ is HIMSELF the Truth (as He said in the verse you quoted). He also speaks truth. But He is Himself the Truth WHO sets us free (John 8:32, compare with John 8:36).

the life= The bible teaches-by obeying is proof of ones love for God and his son. Not pick and choose, but EVERY utterance from God Jesus said man must live by. That takes years and years of bible study-OT-NT it never stops.
Again, Christ is HIMSELF the Life (even the Tree of Life from the Garden of Eden). We must eat from HIM in order to have life in US, in order to live forever. From John 6:

“Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.

That takes years and years of bible study-OT-NT it never stops
It does not take years and years of bible study to come to Christ, to have life in Him, to obey Him and remain in His word, to belong to Him, to love and to obey Him - not if one is learning from and listening TO Christ (Jaheshua).

Otherwise, it might end up being something more like the following:

... 7who are always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 2 Timothy 3:7

39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life. John 5:39-40
Notice ones destination is not to stop at Jesus but he sends his true followers to his Father to accomplish this-John 4:22-24-
I am not sure what you are trying to say here, but John 4:22-24 is speaking about worshiping the Father in spirit and in truth, so that one is worshiping the Father in/through Christ. Not in any specific place (such as Jerusalem, or on this or that mountain, or in this or that religion; but in and through Christ). Just as the verse at the start of your post states: No one comes to the Father except through me.

Notice he warns of all other gods being false then teaches--the true worshippers will worship the Father( not Father, son and HS) in spirit and truth.
Yes, worship the FATHER (the MOST Holy One of Israel, the God and Father of Christ).

At Matt 6:33--Keep on seeking - FIRST- the kingdom and his ( YHWH(Jehovah) Father) righteousness and all these things will be added(sustenance, covering, spirituality)--When one does this only then they can accomplish John 4:22-24
One must come to Christ in order to accomplish John 4:22-24.

When it says to seek first the Kingdom and His righteousness, it means to seek HIS righteousness over your own (or someone else's) righteousness (including over some religion's 'righteousness').

Let God be true, and every man a liar. (Romans 3:4)

It also means to seek first the Kingdom and His righteousness over striving after the other things being mentioned: food, drink, clothing.

Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the Gentiles strive after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

At John 17:1-6,26-- A prayer to his Father--erse 3-This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus. verse 6=YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah)
It does mean eteranl life to know the Father. Not just know OF God. Not just learn about God (simply by reading the scriptures). But to know the Father (and so to be in Him and Him in us). How does one know the Father?

I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.” John 14:7

"If you knew Me, you would know My Father as well." John 8:19

Know Christ, know His Father as well. Christ One who reveals His Father to us. Not because they are the same person or being; but because Christ is the perfect representation of His Father, the Living Word and Living Image of God.

Do you listen to Jesus? Do you believe Jesus over misleading errors?

I listen to my Lord, Jaheshua (His name was never "Jesus"), the Chosen One of JAH.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

The written word of God says he is Jesus. How can you say his name never was Jesus?
I can say it because it is true.

"Jesus" is not a name that was ever used back when Christ was born (as a man). His name could never have been "Jesus".

His name is Jah'eshua. Please note that His name has the name of His Father (JAH) in it , and His name means "JAH saves/savior of JAH". Most prophets had either the name of God (JAH) in their names or the title "El" (meaning God), or both. How much more so would the Son who came in the name of His Father, have His Father's name in His own name?

Elijah is an example of a prophet who has both in his name:

EL i JAH = my God is JAH

The "J" would have the "Y" sound though. Same as how we pronounce HalleluJAH. (Praise JAH)

Names transliterated from language to language are supposed to they keep the same sound.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/transliteration

"Jesus" does not keep the same sound of Christ's name. Joshua as the English transliteration would be closer (but not entirely accurate) to Jaheshua, and again with the "y" sound instead of the hard "j" sound.

"Jesus" also does not keep the MEANING of Jah'eshua (JAH saves).

Jesus is not the name of Christ (never was).

Peace again to you,
tammy
Is there nothing else in the post that you wanted to discuss? You just wish to argue this point?
EL= Elohim) Jah=Jehovah-- Elijah= Elohim is Jehovah(YHWH)--- Jesus is the son of Gods name in the language we speak--Yeshua is Hebrew.
The English transliteration of Y'eshua is Joshua (though not entirely accurate - and again with the soft 'y').

JAH is the name of God, and if going with the longer form YHWH, it would be JAHVEH ('y' sound instead of the hard 'j' sound).

But here is a link that I had with some others on this forum about it, which includes information from your own literature (assuming you are a jw):

viewtopic.php?p=1083138#p1083138

viewtopic.php?p=1083219#p1083219

Elijah does not mean "Elohim is Jehovah". EL = God (it is a title/description; not a name). JAH is the name of God; there is no reason to change it (except to change the letters if another language has a different alphabet or the letters in another alphabet make different sounds).

EL i JAH = my God is JAH.

HalleluJAH = Praise JAH

Peace again to you,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #12

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:41 am
kjw47 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:17 pm Do you listen to Jesus?
You mean what he is said to have said in the Bible? No.

Do you believe Jesus over misleading errors?
What is it one is to believe about Jesus? And what misleading errors are you talking about?

Trinity translations are altered and filled with errors.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Difflugia »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:54 pmTrinity translations are altered and filled with errors.
So you have repeatedly asserted, but you were asked what the actual errors are. In the meantime, I'll let you in on a bit of a secret: the untranslated text is filled with errors. The idea that "trinity translations" are somehow worse than (presumably) the NWT is misguided and no more than a red herring.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Miles
Savant

Post #14

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:54 pm

What is it one is to believe about Jesus? And what misleading errors are you talking about?

I assume that Trinity translations are Bibles that recognize the trinity: the father, son and holy ghost as One. However, as I understand the concept of the trinity it didn't enter Christianity until long after the Bible was well established, which is one reason "trinity" is never found in any Bible. So, I'm not at all sure what a "trinity translation" is. In any event, I'm still waiting for the misleading errors you're talking about.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #15

Post by kjw47 »

Difflugia wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:04 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:54 pmTrinity translations are altered and filled with errors.
So you have repeatedly asserted, but you were asked what the actual errors are. In the meantime, I'll let you in on a bit of a secret: the untranslated text is filled with errors. The idea that "trinity translations" are somehow worse than (presumably) the NWT is misguided and no more than a red herring.
The religion that came out of Rome, held councils, headed by pagan false god worshipping kings, many untruths came out of those councils, and subtle errors translated in to fit those false council teachings. The protestants had no clue to that when they translated in the 1300,s, thus carried the errors over into their translations. It took years of hard study by many men to uncover truths along the way--The NWT corrected the errors. Rejected by all those religions because truth exposes them as false.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #16

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:31 pm

I assume that Trinity translations are Bibles that recognize the trinity: the father, son and holy ghost as One. However, as I understand the concept of the trinity it didn't enter Christianity until long after the Bible was well established, which is one reason "trinity" is never found in any Bible. So, I'm not at all sure what a "trinity translation" is. In any event, I'm still waiting for the misleading errors you're talking about.

Capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1 is error, has mislead billions through history.

Miles
Savant

Post #17

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:37 pm

Capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1 is error, has mislead billions through history.
Just checked the use of "god" in the last line of John 1:1 in 61 bibles, and every one of them capitalizes the word. Now you say they're all wrong? Assuming you have no background (PhD or equivalent) in any field of religious scholarship, why should I believe you? Why should anyone?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:35 pm

Just checked the use of "god" in the last line of John 1:1 in 61 bibles, and every one of them capitalizes the word. Now you say they're all wrong? Assuming you have no background (PhD or equivalent) in any field of religious scholarship, why should I believe you? Why should anyone?

In the Greek Lexicons( trinity translating)--the true God called HoTheos in the 2nd line at John 1:1, plain Theos to the word in the last line, to show a difference from God to god. The only other spot this occurs in the NT=2Cor 4:4--satan called-Theos=god and the true God called HoTheos=God. translating works the same at both spots.
In 1822 a Greek scholar( A. Kneeland) translated the NT from those Lexicons-He compared Greek to English side by side to prove to the world a god is correct at John 1:1--19 other translations in history had a god, 3 had was divine. All rejected by trinity clergys because truth exposes them as false religions.

Miles
Savant

Post #19

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:50 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:35 pm

In the Greek Lexicons( trinity translating)--the true God called HoTheos in the 2nd line at John 1:1, plain Theos to the word in the last line, to show a difference from God to god. The only other spot this occurs in the NT=2Cor 4:4--satan called-Theos=god and the true God called HoTheos=God. translating works the same at both spots.
Obviously the translators of the 61 Bibles I checked don't see this as relevant.

In 1822 a Greek scholar( A. Kneeland) translated the NT from those Lexicons-He compared Greek to English side by side to prove to the world a god is correct at John 1:1--19 other translations in history had a god, 3 had was divine. All rejected by trinity clergys because truth exposes them as false religions.
Obviously the translators of the 61 Bibles I checked don't care what Kneeland had to say about the issue.

But please, link us to a Bible that does spell the last "god" in John 1;1 with a small "g." You'd have at least that in your favor, as small as it would be.

Miles
Savant

Post #20

Post by Miles »

Bumped to index.