Scientists and the ------------------!

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

somo
Apprentice

Scientists and the ------------------!

Post #1

Post by somo »

The following are some comments of scientists[1] on the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran.

1) Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years. He is well-known in his field. He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:

“The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate. And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago. You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance. There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.”

Professor Persaud has included some Quranic verses and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, in some of his books. He has also presented these verses and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad at several conferences.

2) Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson is the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA. Formerly, he was Professor of Ob-Gyn and the Chairman of the Department of Ob-Gyn at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA. He was also the President of the American Fertility Society. He has received many awards, including the Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology Public Recognition Award in 1992. Professor Simpson studied the following two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad:

“In every one of you, all components of your creation are collected together in your mother’s womb by forty days...”[2]

“If forty-two nights have passed over the embryo, God sends an angel to it, who shapes it and creates its hearing, vision, skin, flesh, and bones....”[3]

He studied these two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad extensively, noting that the first forty days constitute a clearly distinguishable stage of embryo-genesis. He was particularly impressed by the absolute precision and accuracy of those sayings of the Prophet Muhammad. Then, during one conference, he gave the following opinion:

“So that the two hadeeths (the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad) that have been noted provide us with a specific time table for the main embryological development before forty days. Again, the point has been made, I think, repeatedly by other speakers this morning: these hadeeths could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available [at] the time of their writing . . . . It follows, I think, that not only there is no conflict between genetics and religion but, in fact, religion can guide science by adding revelation to some of the traditional scientific approaches, that there exist statements in the Quran shown centuries later to be valid, which support knowledge in the Quran having been derived from God.”

3) Dr. E. Marshall Johnson is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Developmental Biology at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. There, for 22 years he was Professor of Anatomy, the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy, and the Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute. He was also the President of the Teratology Society. He has authored more than 200 publications. In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Johnson said in the presentation of his research paper:

“Summary: The Quran describes not only the development of external form, but emphasizes also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation and development, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science.”

Also he said: “As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I can specifically see. I can understand embryology and developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Quran. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself into that era, knowing what I knew today and describing things, I could not describe the things which were described. I see no evidence for the fact to refute the concept that this individual, Muhammad, had to be developing this information from some place. So I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that divine intervention was involved in what he was able to write.

4) Dr. William W. Hay is a well-known marine scientist. He is Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA. He was formerly the Dean of the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science at the University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA. After a discussion with Professor Hay about the Quran’s mention of recently discovered facts on seas, he said:

“I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scriptures of the Holy Quran, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages.” And when he was asked about the source of the Quran, he replied: “Well, I would think it must be the divine being.”

5) Dr. Gerald C. Goeringer is Course Director and Associate Professor of Medical Embryology at the Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Goeringer stated the following in the presentation of his research paper:

“In a relatively few aayahs (Quranic verses) is contained a rather comprehensive description of human development from the time of commingling of the gametes through organogenesis. No such distinct and complete record of human development, such as classification, terminology, and description, existed previously. In most, if not all, instances, this description antedates by many centuries the recording of the various stages of human embryonic and fetal development recorded in the traditional scientific literature.”

6) Dr. Yoshihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus at Tokyo University, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, and was the Director of the National Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. He said:

“I am very much impressed by finding true astronomical facts in [the] Quran, and for us the modern astronomers have been studying very small pieces of the universe. We’ve concentrated our efforts for understanding of [a] very small part. Because by using telescopes, we can see only very few parts [of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole universe. So, by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find my future way for investigation of the universe.”

7) Professor Tejatat Tejasen is the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy at Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Previously, he was the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the same university. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Tejasen stood up and said:

“During the last three years, I became interested in the Quran . . . . From my study and what I have learned from this conference, I believe that everything that has been recorded in the Quran fourteen hundred years ago must be the truth, that can be proved by the scientific means. Since the Prophet Muhammad could neither read nor write, Muhammad must be a messenger who relayed this truth, which was revealed to him as an enlightenment by the one who is eligible [as the] creator.

This creator must be God. Therefore, I think this is the time to say La ilaha illa Allah, there is no god to worship except Allah (God), Muhammadur rasoolu Allah, Muhammad is Messenger (Prophet) of Allah (God). Lastly, I must congratulate for the excellent and highly successful arrangement for this conference . . . . I have gained not only from the scientific point of view and religious point of view but also the great chance of meeting many well-known scientists and making many new friends among the participants. The most precious thing of all that I have gained by coming to this place is La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammadur rasoolu Allah, and to have become a Muslim.”

After all these examples we have seen about the scientific miracles in the Holy Quran and all these scientists’ comments on this, let us ask ourselves these questions:

• Could it be a coincidence that all this recently discovered scientific information from different fields was mentioned in the Quran, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago?

• Could this Quran have been authored by Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, or by any other human being?

The only possible answer is that this Quran must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him.
القرآن الكريم والعلم الحديث كاملة The Quran and Modern Science full Zakir naik youtube

somo
Apprentice

Re: Scientists and the ------------------!

Post #31

Post by somo »

The Sun and Moon.

Whereas the Bible talks of the sun and the moon as two lights differing only in size, the Qur’an distinguishes between them by the use of different terms: light (noor) for the moon, and lamp (siraaj) for the sun.

“Did you see how Allah created seven heavens, one above the other, and made in them the moon a light and the sun a lamp?” Qur’an, 78:12-13

The moon is an inert body which reflects light, whereas the sun is a celestial body in a state of permanent combustion producing both light and heat.
Stars and Planets

The word ‘star’ (najm) in the Qur’an ( 86:3 ) is accompanied by the adjective thaaqib which indicates that it burns and consumes itself as it pierces through the shadows of the night. It was much later discovered that stars are heavenly bodies producing their own light like the sun.

In the Qur’an, a different word, kawkab, is used to refer to the planets which are celestial bodies that reflect light and do not produce their own light like the sun.

“We have adorned the lowest heaven with ornaments, the planets.” Qur’an, 37:6

Amazing Miracle of Reflected Light of the Moon in the quran Koran

Rotation of the sun and expansion of the universe

The Glorious Qur'an is compatible with modern Geology

Dr. Zakir Naik - Does God exist?

somo
Apprentice

Post #32

Post by somo »

The calendar year of Islam begins not with the birthday of our prophet (peace be on him), not from the time that the revelation came to him (Bethat) nor from the time of his ascension to heaven, but with the migration (Hijra) from an undesirable environment into a desirable place to fulfill Allah's command. It was migration from a plot that was set by the leaders of the Quraysh who were plotting to kill prophet Muhammad, and to destroy the truth that today is being conveyed to mankind everywhere against tyranny and injustice. Their purpose was to destroy the foundation of the Islamic state, the Sunnah of the tradition of the prophet, and to prevent the revelation being delivered by Allah's messenger to mankind.

The Islamic calendar is reckoned from the time of migration (Hijra) of Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) from Mecca to Madina. The Prophet's decision to migrate from Mecca came after several years of inhuman treatment of the faithful by the powerful tribes who were united despite all their feuds to stop the spread of Islam.

Prophet Mohammad's decision to leave Mecca coincided with the infidel's plan to assassinate him. In 622 AD, the Quresh tribesmen held a meeting and decided that a band of young men, one from each tribe, should assassinate Prophet Mohammad collectively so that their responsibility for the murder could not be placed on any particular tribe.

On the eventful night, the Prophet asked his cousin Ali Ben Abutalib to take his place in bed to make the Meccans think that he was asleep. The Prophet himself slipped out unobserved alongwith his loyal follower Abu Bakr (who was chosen as the first C aliph after the death of the prophet). They secretly made their way to a cave named Thawr, not far from Mecca and lay in hiding there for a day or two until Abu Bakr's son reported that the search for him had been given up. Then the two set out from Madina on camel back. They reached Quba, on the edge of the Madina oasis, on 12th Rabiul Awwal. With Mohammad's arrival in Quba a new phase of his career and glory of Islam started.

This migration has a special significance in the history of Islam. It ended the Meccan period of humiliation and torture and began the era of success. His own people to whom he preached Islam for 13 years neglected the Prophet of Islam. But he was cordially received in Madina as an honored chief.

In Madina his power enhanced day by day. Here he was not only the religious leader but took the role of a politician and statesman too. Prophet Mohammad expired ten years after his migration to Madina but only in one decade he changed the course of human history.

In view of this special significance of the Prophet's migration the consultative body advised the Second Islamic Caliph, Omar ben Khattab, to start the Islamic year from the date of migration of the Prophet from Mecca to Madina.

According to early Moslem scholars, Abu Musa Al Shari drew attention of Omar to an improperly dated debenture or IOU which was payable in the month of Shaban but it was not clear which Shaban was actually meant, the present one or the coming one. Omar called the dignitaries for consultation who made several suggestions to begin the Islamic calendar.

Ali (who later became the fourth caliph) suggested the Hijra as the beginning of the Islamic year with Moharram as its first month. Consequently, Caliph Omar in 21 A.H. or 641 A.D introduced the Islamic calendar in its present form.

QURANIC GUIDANCE

The guidance about the Islamic calendar is taken from the following verses from the Holy Quran: (In the name of GOD most gracious and most merciful)

"Lo the number of the months with God is twelve months." IX:36.

"They ask thee, of new moons. Say: They are fixed seasons for mankind and for the pilgrimage." II:189.

"He it is who appointed the sun a splendor and the moon a light, and measured for her stages, that ye might know the number of the years, and the reckoning." X:5

The Islamic Calendar of 12 Lunar Months is determined by observation of the new moon with no effort by intercalation (addition) or other means to synchronize the Lunar year with the Solar year.

Life Of The Final Messenger - Muhammad pbuh (Seerah) - 12 Hijrah (Migration) - Mufti Ismail Menk

Amir Ibn Fuhayra (ra): The Guide on the Hijrah | The Firsts | Dr. Omar Suleiman

لله أكبر!! سيدة إنجليزية تنطق بالشهادة بعد أن اكتشفت أنها مسلمة ولا تعرف

ملحد يسأل شمسي عن الخمر في الجنة Speaker's corner

somo
Apprentice

Post #33

Post by somo »

The Day and Night
The Qur’anic description of the sequence of day and night would, in itself, be rather commonplace were it not for the fact that it is expressed in terms that are today highly appropriate. The Qur’an uses the verb kawwara in chapter az-Zumar to describe the way the night ‘winds’ or ‘coils’ itself around the day and the day around the night.
“He coils the night upon the day and the day upon the night.” Qur’an, 39:5
The original meaning of the verb kis to coil a turban around the head. This is a totally valid comparison; yet at the time the Qur’an was revealed, the astronomical data necessary to make this comparison were unknown. and observed the earth spinning on its axis, that the dark half of the globe appeared to wind itself around the light and the light half appeared to wind itself around the dark.

من مُعادٍ كاره إلى مؤمن محب - رحلة إيمان يورام فان كلافيرين

"the Quran miracles" The alternation between day & night(1/3)

"the Quran miracles" The alternation between day & night (2/3)

somo
Apprentice

Post #34

Post by somo »

The Solar
The notion of a settled place for the sun is vividly described in chapter Yaa Seen of the Qur’an:
“The sun runs its coarse to a settled place That is the decree of the Almighty, the All Knowing.” Qur’an, 36:38
“Settled place” is the translation of the word mustaqarr which indicates an exact appointed place and time. Modern astronomy confirms that the solar system is indeed moving in space at a rate of 12 miles per second towards a point situated in the constellation of Hercules ( alpha lyrae ) whose exact location has been precisely calculated. Astronomers have even give it a name, the solar apex.

"the Quran miracles" The Sun & its brightness(1/3)

"the Quran miracles" The Sun & its brightness(2/3)

"the Quran miracles" The Sun & its brightness(3/3)

somo
Apprentice

Post #35

Post by somo »

When one reads the passages where Isma'il (= Ishmael, peace be upon him) is mentioned, one will see quite obvious indications of corruption:

The reason is also obvious: The Jewish elite were racists (that's obvious from a lot of passages in the Bible itself) and thought that Prophethood could only apply to themselves and tried to extinguish any passages, which establish Prophethood for other than them.

- An example would be that in Genesis 16 an angel appears to Hagar and gives her the glad tidings that she will have a son with the name Ishmael and then ends up telling her that he will be a wild donkey of a man, which does not make any sense in the context of the glad tidings given to her.
The stranger thing is that if one just changes the vowels in Hebrew (such that the written word remains the very same word!), then the meaning becomes completely in-line with the context and that is being fruitful. What is even stranger is that this is the very reading found in the Samaritan Torah!

- Another example is that in Genesis 21 it's claimed that Ishmael (peace be upon him) - who must have been a youngster at that time - was mocking Isaac (peace be upon him) - who was a little child - and that's why Sarah asked Abraham (peace be upon him) to send Ishmael and his mother away [to the desert].
Now the really strange thing is that when it's described how Hagar and her son are in the desert, every single description connected to Ishmael (peace be upon him) indicates him to be a LITTLE CHILD and NOT a youngster in any way or form as the Jewish racists who played around with these passages like us make to believe.

This is very important, because it means that significant changes have been made to these passages in order to justify the belief that only the children of Isaac (peace be upon him) were blessed and part of the eternal covenant of God.

- What is even stranger is that according to the same Bible the lineage of Ishmael (peace be upon him) is also blessed (see Genesis 17) and that they will be a great nation (and this passage indicates towards Prophethood being amongst them!), but the racist Jews could not hold themselves back from diminishing the rank of Ishmael even in this context and acted as if the covenant only applies to their branch.
To their dismay the gematria - which is a tool that these Jews use for understanding these texts, because they themselves have invented this tool in order to hide specific things from other people - of this passage even contains the very number of the name our noble Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

These issues are nowhere simple coincidence, rather they indicate towards corruption at the hands of the Jews.

{ And [mention, O Muḥammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with words [i.e., commands] and he fulfilled them. [Allāh] said, "Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people." [Abraham] said, "And of my descendants?" [Allāh] said, "My covenant does not include the wrongdoers." }

[English interpretation of the Aya 2:124 of the noble Qur`an]

So while in the Bible precedence is given to people simply based upon their race, the Qur`an gives precedence based upon righteousness.
It should be obvious what is important in the sight of God.

And by the way: Does God BLESSING Ishmael (peace be upon him) and making him a great nation mean that he and his offspring will be a bunch of pagans and disbelievers?! Please use a little bit common sense.

As for Paran, then it's the place where Ishmael (peace be upon him) and his offspring lived and this according to the Bible itself.

حمزة يحرج زائر أمام زوجته ويفضح كذبة حرية التعبير عند الغرب

بوذي يتناسى ما يحدث للمسلمين الروهينجا من قبل البوذيين ويسأل منصور: أين الحب والسلام عند المسلمين؟

هاشم ينسف عقيدة مسيحيين | إله لكنه ليس إلهاً

فتاة عمرها 14 انجليزية أسلمت من قبل والحين 17 - قمة جديدة - شمسي #sfdawahArabic #Sfdawah#

somo
Apprentice

Post #36

Post by somo »

Among the achievements of modern science is the “conquest” of space The prediction of this event surely springs to mind when we read the chapter ar-Rahmaan in the Qur’an:
“O assembly of Jinns and men, if you can penetrate the regions of the heavens and the earth, then penetrate them! You will not penetrate them except with authority.”
Qur’an,55:33
Authority to travel in space can only come from the Creator of the laws which govern movement and space. The whole of this Qur’anic chapter invites humankind to recognize God’s beneficence.

At this point, we must ask ourselves the following question: How could an uneducated man in the middle of the desert accurately tackle so many and such varied subjects at a time when mythology and superstition reigned supreme? How could he so skillfully avoid every belief that was proven to be totally inaccurate many centuries later?

THE SEAL OF ALL THE PROPHETS MUHAMMAD PBUH - Muhammad Abdul Jabbar | ALQADRMEDIA

somo
Apprentice

Post #37

Post by somo »

- The differences and contradictions in the Bible and this especially between the 4 canonical gospels regarding the same incidents (an example was already given), clearly indicate that these works were not divinely inspired, but rather simply man-made biographical works by unknown authors.

- The "god of the OT" seems to be quite different to the "god of the NT". In the OT "god" commands the killing of infants (!!!), while in the NT it's stated that we should let our enemies slap the other cheek, when they slap one cheek.

- The OT presents God as being One and stresses His Oneness. It's also clear that God is not a man and as such any seemingly anthropomorphistic description can be interpreted in accordance to context and language.

In the NT however there seems to be a varying degree of attempts among its different authors to present Jesus (peace be upon him) as divine or divine-like. While some gospels go clearer into that direction (like that of John), others can be understood much more in line with the OT such that Divinity is not affirmed for Jesus (peace be upon him), but rather him being a Messenger of God and the Messiah.

- In the OT different Prophets like Abraham and Jacob (peace be upon both them) are [falsely] portrayed as having a major flaw in their character such that of lying (as shown here) and deceiving.
Considering the fact that God is the Absolute Truth and that there are even non-Prophets who lack this major flaw in character, it doesn't seem logical at all that God would choose liars and deceivers as His Prophets and as those who proclaim His revelation to the people.

There are also other indications, but the above should be enough in order to see that the Bible as presented by the Jews and Christians can not be completely from God.

Proving Jesus (P.B.U.H) Is Not God, Dr Zakir Naik Quoting Bible For Straight One Minute

أول لقاء بين محمد حجاب وجون عابد الشيطان

عثمان بن فاروق يقلب الطاولة على مبشرتين مسيحيتين

شاب وفتاة يعتنقان الإسلام ثم يتزوجان بعدها مباشرة | عثمان بن فاروق

شمسي في حوار جميل وهادئ يشرح الإسلام لزوجين غير مسلمين

somo
Apprentice

Post #38

Post by somo »

the water cycle in nature. This is a topic which is well known today. Consequently, the verses in the Qur’an that refer to the water cycle seem to express ideas that are now totally self-evident. But if we consider the ideas prevalent at that time, they appear to be based more on myth and philosophical speculation than on observed fact, even though useful practical knowledge on soil irrigation was current at that period.

Let us examine, for example, the following verse in chapter az-Zumar:
“Have you not seen that Allah sent rain down from the sky and caused it to penetrate the ground and come forth as springs, then He caused crops of different colors to grow…” Qur’an,39:21

Such notions seem quite natural to us today, but we should not forget that, not so long ago, they were not prevalent. It was not until the sixteenth century, with Bernard Palissy, that we gained the first coherent description of the water cycle. Prior to this, people believed that the waters of the oceans, under the effect of winds, were thrust towards the interior of the continents.

They then returned to the oceans via the great abyss, which, since Plato’s time was called the Tartarus .In the seventeenth century, great thinkers such as Descartes still believed in this myth. Even in the nineteenth century there were still those who believed in Aristotle’s theory that water was condensed in cool mountain caverns and formed underground lakes that fed

springs. Today, we know that it is the infiltration of rain water into the ground that is responsible for this. If one compares the facts of modern hydrology with the data found in numerous verses of the Qur’an on this subject, one cannot fail to notice the remarkable degree of agreement between the two.

The Water Cycle

Zakir Naik on Islamic Science-Water Cycle in Quran

8 - Scientific Facts in the Quran (Part 1) - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth - Abdur-Raheem Green

9 - Scientific Facts in the Quran (Part 2) - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth - Abdur-Raheem Green

somo
Apprentice

Post #39

Post by somo »

Inventions of Muslims

The Muslims were keenly interested in physics and chemistry, and their findings and methods paved the way for modern physicists such as Albert Einstein. Al-Hasan ibn al-Haytham – known as Alhazen – worked with optics and is, according to several historians, the first modern scientist. In his studies, he established, among other things, that light consists of particles – a theory that Einstein received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1921 for proving.

The Qur'an motivated the Muslims to study and explore everything around them to such an extent that they founded modern experimental science as we know it today. Some of the scientific inventions made by Muslim scholars in the Middle Ages, when Europe was in darkness and backwardness, are mentioned below.

With the Christian conquest of Spain, the research of the Muslim scholars was translated into Latin. The works contributed significantly to the so-called scientific revolution in the 16th century, which laid the foundation for modern science in Europe.

Alcohol and distillation
While many of the medieval chemists practiced alchemy, Arab al-Kindi rejected the occult arts. Instead, he worked purposefully to separate e.g. metals and plants into components so that their composition and properties could be investigated. Among other things. al-Kindi wanted to learn why wine has an intoxicating effect. He therefore heated wine in special flasks which were connected by pipes. Alcohol evaporates at a lower temperature than water, and with his primitive distillation apparatus, al-Kindi became the first to isolate pure alcohol. The Muslims used the alcohol for medicinal purposes and for the manufacture of make-up and perfumes.

Pharmacies
Specialist shops with thoroughly checked medicines were widespread in Baghdad as early as the 8th century. The pharmacies were privately owned, and the knowledge of mixing, storing and preserving the remedies was passed down from father to son. Regularly, the shops were inspected by government officials who checked the weight and the purity of the funds. Apothecaries who cheated on the scales or sold impure medicines were punished corporal and publicly, so that everyone could see that this kind of breach of public trust was unacceptable.

Arab apothecaries wrote extensively about their work, and the writings eventually found their way to European scholars and were translated into Latin. In particular, the writings of the Andalusian ibn al-Wafid were popular among Europeans. Through the translations, the art of apothecary spread throughout Europe.

Blood circulation

The history of medicine was rewritten in 1924, when an Egyptian doctor found a 700-year-old manuscript. The book, written by the Syrian scholar ibn al-Nafis in 1242, is the first to tell that the blood is pumped around the human body. Ibn al-Nafis describes how the heart's two chambers work and how the blood is oxygenated in the lungs along the way.

It was not until 1957 that ibn al-Nafis was recognized for his discoveries. Until then, the discovery of blood circulation had been attributed to the British William Harvey, who described the process in 1628.

Categorization
In his work The Book of Secrets, the chemist al-Razi – also called Rhazes in the West – divides chemical substances into four categories: animal, vegetable, mineral and derivatives of the three. He divided minerals into six groups according to their properties – the modern periodic table is set up according to the same principle. The groupings themselves are far from today's categorization of chemical substances, but the idea of dividing the substances according to observations and experiments – instead of philosophical considerations – was revolutionary and an expression of modern scientific thinking.

Code breaking
Shift codes have been popular throughout history when kings and generals needed to send hidden messages. The principle is based on the sender shifting the letters of the alphabet so that they fill up space with other letters. For example, "a" became "d" if all letters were moved three places.
The code was as good as unbreakable until the Arab mathematician al-Kindi analyzed the Koran in the 8th century and found that the frequency of letters in a text varied. For example, characters corresponding to "a" and "i" occur most frequently in Arabic. That knowledge could be used to calculate what the letters in a code meant, al-Kindi found out. His method has since formed the basis of code breaking.

Optics
Among the ancient Greeks, the scholar al-Hasan ibn al-Haytham – known as Alhazen – had read that man could see because the eyes emitted light. Alhazen strongly disagreed and was the first to establish that the eyes did in fact receive light.

He carried out a large number of experiments with light, shade and color, which he zealously documented. According to several historians, this process makes Alhazen the first modern scientist. In his studies, he established, among other things, that light consists of particles – a theory that Einstein received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1921 for proving.

Robots
As early as the 13th century, the Muslims made use of mechanical aids. In a book from 1206, the multi-genius al-Jazari describes 50 mechanical devices. Among the inventions is a humanoid robot that serves tea. Another device consisted of a boat with four mechanical musicians, which has been used for entertainment at parties. It has been able to be programmed to play different melodies and show more than 50 facial expressions and movements.

Water pumps
The distribution of the scarce amounts of water in the Middle East required great ingenuity and technical ingenuity. The inventor al-Jazari possessed both parts in abundance. Around the year 1200, he constructed five water pumps, one of which constituted a technical revolution. Using an ingenious system of gears and pistons, the pump sent water up a channel which carried it out to the fields. Al-Jazari's inventions – especially his advanced use of a crankshaft – later became of great use in Europe, where the shaft contributed to the great technical advances of the 15th century.

Windmills
Already in the 6th century, the Muslims began to use wind to drive mills all over the Middle East. The wind was, among other things, used to grind grain and pump water, which was to be used for irrigation of fields and gardens. Historians believe that windmills were brought to Europe by the Christian Crusaders, who became acquainted with them in the 12th century.

❓"Maybe Islam is the answer" - Is Liam Neeson considering to become a Muslim? | Islam Channel

International Famous Celebrities Who Converted to Islam

Lindsay Lohan on Converting to Islam | Good Morning Britain

Famous Footballers Who Converted to Islam

Q&A: "Before Abraham Was, I Am"

somo
Apprentice

Post #40

Post by somo »

botany at the time of Muhammad (S) was not advanced enough in any country for scientists to know that plants have both male and female parts.

but
in the Qur’an
“(God is the One who) sent down rain from the sky and with it brought forth a variety of plants in pairs.” Qur’an, 20:53
Today we know that fruit comes from plants that have sexual characteristics even when they come from unfertilized flowers, like bananas. In the chapter ar-Ra‘d we read the following:
“… and of all fruits (God) placed (on the earth) two pairs.” Qur’an, 13:3

In the field of physiology, there is one verse which appears extremely significant to me. One thousand years before the discovery of the blood circulatory system, and roughly thirteen centuries before it was determined that the internal organs were nourished by the process of digestive , a verse in the Qur’an described the source of the constituents of milk, in conformity with scientific facts.

To understand this verse, it must first be known that chemical reactions occur between food and enzymes in the mouth, the stomach and the intestines releasing nutrients in molecular form which are then absorbed into the circulatory system through countless microscopic projections of the intestinal wall called villi. Blood in the circulatory system then transports the nutrients to all the organs of the body, among which are the milk-producing mammary glands.

This biological process must be basically understood, if we are to understand a verse in the Qur’an which has for many centuries given rise to commentaries that were totally incomprehensible.

Today it is not difficult to see why! This verse is taken from the chapter an-Nahl:
“Verily, in cattle there is a lesson for yon. I give you drink from their insides, coming from a conjunction between the digested contents ( of the intestines ) and the blood, milk pure and pleasant for those who drink it.” Qur’an, 16:66
The constituents of milk are secreted by the mammary glands which are nourished by the product of food digestion brought to them by the bloodstream.

The initial event which sets the whole process in motion is the conjunction of the contents of the intestine and blood at the level of the intestinal wall itself.
This very precise concept is the result of the discoveries made in the chemistry and physiology of the digestive system over one thousand years after the time of Prophet Muhammad (S).

Plant and fruit reproduction in The Quran

Miracle of the Holy Quran for blood circulation and milk production Lecturer Zakir Naik

Ahmad Deedat - Quran a Miracle of Miracles