The condemned?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

The condemned?

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus says that those who hear His word and do not keep it are condemned.

John 12:47,48
“Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world I came to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I’ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day.”

So keeping His word is accepting it.

Jesus said He kept God’s word. He also said He came to spread it. So by His standards keeping God’s word is spreading it.

Do you keep God’s word as Jesus did? Or are you condemned?

Miles
Savant

Re: The condemned?

Post #2

Post by Miles »

Bobcat wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:25 pm Jesus says that those who hear His word and do not keep it are condemned.

“Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world I came to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I’ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day.”

Jesus said He kept God’s word. He also said He came to spread it. So by His standards keeping God’s word is spreading it.

In Leviticus 20:13 god said  “If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death."

So I can only conclude that Jesus killed his share of such sinful men. Now, I haven't killed any man who has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, so I guess I'm condemned, although, I'm not dead yet, so I do have time to redeem myself. How about yourself, Bobcat? Have you kept god's word and put to death a practicing homosexual man yet?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #3

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Bobcat in post #1]

Bobcat, you are absolutely right in saying that keeping Jesus' word is spreading it. He assigned all true Christians the work of going out and finding people to share his good news with. (Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:19,20; Acts 20:20)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #4

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Miles in post #2]

The homosexual would have been put to death by the courts that upheld God's Law. Not by any individual. These days the courts don't kill homosexuals and Jesus admonished everyone to obey the laws of the land. Practicing homosexuals will be taken care of by Jesus when he comes back in Kingdom power.

Miles
Savant

Post #5

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:03 am [Replying to Miles in post #2]

The homosexual would have been put to death by the courts that upheld God's Law. Not by any individual. These days the courts don't kill homosexuals and Jesus admonished everyone to obey the laws of the land. Practicing homosexuals will be taken care of by Jesus when he comes back in Kingdom power.
Your source of information please.

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

How i interpret that, is who or what does the condemning apeears to be the individual personality re actions.

tam
Savant

Post #7

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:03 am [Replying to Miles in post #2]

What do you mean by 'taken care of'?

See John 8:1-11.

Peace again.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by Bobcat »

Miles wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:17 pm
Bobcat wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:25 pm Jesus says that those who hear His word and do not keep it are condemned.

In Leviticus 20:13 god said  “If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death."

So I can only conclude that Jesus killed his share of such sinful men. Now, I haven't killed any man who has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, so I guess I'm condemned, although, I'm not dead yet, so I do have time to redeem myself. How about yourself, Bobcat? Have you kept god's word and put to death a practicing homosexual man yet?

What you are describing is not keeping God’s word. Read the OP again.

Miles
Savant

Post #9

Post by Miles »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:58 pm
Miles wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:17 pm

What you are describing is not keeping God’s word. Read the OP again.
Okay, I read the OP's two questions, which is what you put up for debate:

Q 1a. Do you keep God’s word
n..1b. as Jesus did?
Q 2. Or are you condemned?

A 1a. One of god's words: Leviticus 20:13 where god said: “If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death."
...1b. re. "as Jesus did" The implication being that in keeping god's word Jesus put to death "a man [who] has sexual relations with another man as with a woman"
A 2. Not personally having "put to death "a man [who] has sexual relations with another man as with a woman" I guess I would necessarily be condemned.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by Bobcat »

[Replying to Miles in post #9]

Here. Read the bolded.

Jesus says that those who hear His word and do not keep it are condemned.