The condemned?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

The condemned?

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus says that those who hear His word and do not keep it are condemned.

John 12:47,48
“Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world I came to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I’ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day.”

So keeping His word is accepting it.

Jesus said He kept God’s word. He also said He came to spread it. So by His standards keeping God’s word is spreading it.

Do you keep God’s word as Jesus did? Or are you condemned?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: The condemned?

Post #11

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:56 am
Bobcat wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:58 pm
Miles wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:17 pm
Bobcat wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:25 pm Jesus says that those who hear His word and do not keep it are condemned.

“Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world I came to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I’ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day.”

Jesus said He kept God’s word. He also said He came to spread it. So by His standards keeping God’s word is spreading it.

Do you keep God’s word as Jesus did? Or are you condemned?
In Leviticus 20:13 god said  “If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death."

So I can only conclude that Jesus killed his share of such sinful men. Now, I haven't killed any man who has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, so I guess I'm condemned, although, I'm not dead yet, so I do have time to redeem myself. How about yourself, Bobcat? Have you kept god's word and put to death a practicing homosexual man yet?

What you are describing is not keeping God’s word. Read the OP again.
Okay, I read the OP's two questions, which is what you put up for debate:

Q 1a. Do you keep God’s word
n..1b. as Jesus did?
Q 2. Or are you condemned?

A 1a. One of god's words: Leviticus 20:13 where god said: “If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death."
...1b. re. "as Jesus did" The implication being that in keeping god's word Jesus put to death "a man [who] has sexual relations with another man as with a woman"
A 2. Not personally having "put to death "a man [who] has sexual relations with another man as with a woman" I guess I would necessarily be condemned.

In today's world, you or your "friend" could just identify as a woman, but then again, "they" could not look at another with lust in "their" eyes (Matthew 5:28). I think "they" are up a creek without a paddle. "They" could remove their "right eye" (Matthew 5:29), but I think "they" might choose to "perish" instead. Or "they" could just try and argue out of "their" predicament. Have you ever watched those sovereign citizens try to argue their way out of getting their car window broken? They try hard, but generally wind up showing their driving license, or paying for a window and to get their car out of impound. No matter how many times they lose, they keep getting back in their "conveyance" and wind up "traveling" on foot. There is always a solution, it just might not be what one would choose. The elderly Chinese are now choosing suicide over life in hell. The Pakistanis in Kashmir are now trying to get out of Pakistan into India. India may want Kashmir, but they may not want the Pakistanis. Is it the fault of the elder Chinese and the Kashmir Pakistanis that they have followed their false prophets, and wound up in hell? Is damming God going to get one to the light? I think not.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Bobcat »

[Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #11]

I asked if people keep God’s word as Jesus did. Jesus said He was sent to spread the truth, the good news of the kingdom of heaven. He also said He came down from heaven to the will of God. All three things are spreading God’s word.

As Jesus said;

“I must go and spread the good news of the kingdom of heaven to the surrounding cities for this is why I was sent.”

“The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify the truth.”

“I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of Him who sent me.”

Miles
Savant

Post #13

Post by Miles »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:27 pm [Replying to Miles in post #9]

Here. Read the bolded.

Jesus says that those who hear His word and do not keep it are condemned.

And what is one of god's words? Is it not: Leviticus 20:13 where god said: “If a man has sexual relations with another man as with a woman, they have committed a terrible sin. They must be put to death." Of course it is.

And being that you said Jesus kept god's word, in this case an order from god, Jesus must have put to death a man who had sexual relations with another man as with a woman. And it doesn't matter one wit what else Jesus may have done, be it eating bread dipped in olive oil or spreading god's word.

Last edited by Miles on Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miles
Savant

Post #14

Post by Miles »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:32 pm [Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #11]

I asked if people keep God’s word as Jesus did.
Not really. You specifically asked the reader "Do you keep God’s word as Jesus did?"

Jesus said He was sent to spread the truth, the good news of the kingdom of heaven. He also said He came down from heaven to the will of God. All three things are spreading God’s word.
So what?

As Jesus said;

“I must go and spread the good news of the kingdom of heaven to the surrounding cities for this is why I was sent.”

“I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of Him who sent me.”
Again, So what? Neither comment bears on the issue of god's word as he presented it in Leviticus 20:13.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #15

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

I asked if people keep God’s word as Jesus did. Jesus said He was sent to spread the truth, the good news of the kingdom of heaven. He also said He came down from heaven to the will of God. All three things are spreading God’s word.

As Jesus said;

Yeshua said it was the "bread of God" (John 6:33), the scriptures, which gives life to the world. Yeshua went into the desert for 40 days to fast and only ate "every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4)", which of course didn't include the tare seed, the "message of the "enemy"/"devil", which is planted "among" the "good seed" which is the "message of the son of man" (Matthew 13). The "tare seed" is the message consumed by the "many" on their path to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13-15) and is built around "lawlessness" (Matthew 7:23), as with the false gospel of the cross. Yeshua's message was to heed his message or "fall" (Matthew 7:27), which in the language of Isaiah 22:25, would me to be "cut off". Apparently, the Gentile church, the "harlot" of Hosea 3, has not heeded the message of Yeshua, and instead have nailed it to a cross. That is why the Gentile church goes without healing or being fed the Word of God (Ezekiel 34:1-3), and why its "shepherds", the "fat" (leaders/"shepherds") will be "destroyed" (Ezekiel 34:16), and replaced with one shepherd, "My servant David" after the LORD judges between one sheep and another (Ezekiel 34:20). That judgment is at the door (Matthew 24:33), but no one knows the hour or the day, but according to Hosea 6:2, they should know the millennia, "on the third day", the 3rd millennia, "after two days" (2000 years). As for your question, do people keep God's Word, apparently not. As for who will in the future, according to Ezekiel 37, the combined house of Judah and Ephraim/Israel, will be given a new heart and spirit, and keep God's word on the land given to Jacob, ruled by "My servant David". This happens "immediately after" the "great tribulation" (Matthew 24:29) when the "reapers" "gather" the "wheat" and put it into the barn" (Matthew 13:30), after the tares have been tossed into the "furnace of fire". As for the Gentiles, they will be ruled by a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15), and apparently only be required to keep one ordinance, the "feast of booths" (Zechariah 14:16), and apparently have their leaders come to Jerusalem once a year and "worship the king". On the other hand, the survivors ("any who are left") (Zechariah 14:16) will come to the Jew (Judah), and say "God is with you", "we will go your way" (Zechariah 8:23).

Zechariah 8:23" “Thus saith the Lord of hosts: ‘In those days it shall come to pass that ten men out of all the languages of the nations shall take hold, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, “We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”’

New American Standard Bible John 6:33
For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world.”

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #16

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:35 am

Not really. You specifically asked the reader "Do you keep God’s word as Jesus did?"

Jesus said He was sent to spread the truth, the good news of the kingdom of heaven. He also said He came down from heaven to the will of God. All three things are spreading God’s word.
So what?

As Jesus said;

Again, So what? Neither comment bears on the issue of god's word as he presented it in Leviticus 20:13.

Leviticus 20:13 applies to God's people Israel. Are you of the tribe of Israel who pledged to keep God's Law? If not, then only the Commandments apply to everyone (Ecclesiastes 12:13). That is still probably a step to far for the "many" (Matthew 7:13).

Miles
Savant

Post #17

Post by Miles »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:44 am

So what?

As Jesus said;

Leviticus 20:13 applies to God's people Israel.
Yup, and everyone else.
Are you of the tribe of Israel who pledged to keep God's Law? If not, then only the Commandments apply to everyone (Ecclesiastes 12:13). That is still probably a step to far for the "many" (Matthew 7:13).
Sorry, but neither verse says anything of the sort.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #18

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:15 pm

So what?

As Jesus said;

Yup, and everyone else.
Are you of the tribe of Israel who pledged to keep God's Law? If not, then only the Commandments apply to everyone (Ecclesiastes 12:13). That is still probably a step to far for the "many" (Matthew 7:13).

Leviticus 26:46
These are the statutes and ordinances and laws which the Lord established between Himself and the sons of Israel through Moses at Mount Sinai.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the duty of all mankind.

Miles
Savant

Post #19

Post by Miles »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:37 pm

So what?

As Jesus said;

Yup, and everyone else.

These are the statutes and ordinances and laws which the Lord established between Himself and the sons of Israel through Moses at Mount Sinai.
But these are only those statutes and ordinances and laws that directly follow in Leviticus 27. Laws concerning:

Promise of gifts to someone to the Lord as a servant in shekels.

Gifts to the Lord

The Value of a House

The Value of a Field

Value of Animals

Special Gifts

And that's it. The verse applies to no others.

Now all has been heard;
Please note that while the Ten "Commandments" is always is capitalized, in those Bibles that use the term in Ecclesiastes 12:13 (not all do), and many times elsewhere, it is not capitalized, which means the word is meant to include all of gods commandments: his rules, directives, injunctions, orders, decrees, etc., not just the famous Ten.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #20

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:45 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:37 pm

So what?

As Jesus said;

Yup, and everyone else.

But these are only those statutes and ordinances and laws that directly follow in Leviticus 27. Laws concerning:

Promise of gifts to someone to the Lord as a servant in shekels.

Gifts to the Lord

The Value of a House

The Value of a Field

Value of Animals

Special Gifts

And that's it. The verse applies to no others.

Now all has been heard;
Please note that while the Ten "Commandments" is always is capitalized, in those Bibles that use the term in Ecclesiastes 12:13 (not all do), and many times elsewhere, it is not capitalized, which means the word is meant to include all of gods commandments: his rules, directives, injunctions, orders, decrees, etc., not just the famous Ten.

As with the "sovereign citizens", they also believe what they will. As stated in Lev 26:46, the sons of Israel were set apart, and as later stated, were not to eat mice and swine, etc. so as to avoid sickness and disease, the plagues of the Egyptians/nations. Well, feel free to do as your constitutional rights provide, and believe what you will. There are many paths for you to choose. Keep in mind they all have consequences and have an ending. Also keep in mind that Lev 26:46 applies to all of Leviticus 26, not Leviticus 27, which includes your plagues will increase 7-fold (Lev 26:22). It is good you have a Progressive government that is willing to pay for your medical bills if you are of the tribe of Israel, otherwise you would be subject to just a one-fold plague of Egypt. Good luck with that. As for Judah and Ephraim/Israel keeping the ordinances of God, that won't happen until they are united, placed on the land given to Jacob, and come under the leadership of "My servant David" (Ezekiel 37). As for the "commandments"/Commandments to keep, "to enter into life", Yeshua listed them in Matthew 19:16-19.