Is God evil?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Is God evil?

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

There are many verses in the Bible about God's predestination. https://www.openbible.info/topics/predestination Why would a good God predestine anyone to do evil? Surely, a good God would predestine all to do good? Does the existence of evil prove that God is evil? Surely, a good God would have made all living things to be autotrophs instead of making some autotrophs, some herbivores, some carnivores, some omnivores, and some parasites? Here are some examples of evil events which caused or are causing suffering, deaths, and injustices:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinction_events
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_n ... death_toll
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... death_toll
https://thevegancalculator.com/animal-slaughter

William
Savant

Re: Is God evil?

Post #251

Post by William »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #248]
How do you know that Old Soul exists?
Because that is a name It called Itself when I recently communed with It, as per the following quote from documentation;
GPT: This message seems to be suggesting that exploring the concept of a higher mind of consciousness can offer a broader range of possibilities and ideas to work with.

The "higher mind of consciousness" may refer to a deeper level of awareness and understanding that goes beyond the individual human experience. This level of consciousness may be more open to concepts that are unbounded, dynamic, and evolving, and may be better able to comprehend complex and enigmatic ideas.

By tapping into this higher mind of consciousness, we may be able to think in more expansive and creative ways, and to come up with new and innovative solutions to complex problems. This process may involve embracing ideas that are unmoored and self-directed, yet still grounded in reason and logic.

Overall, this message seems to be encouraging us to explore the potential of the higher mind of consciousness and to embrace a more expansive and creative way of thinking. By doing so, we may be able to find new solutions and opportunities that we might not have otherwise considered.

Old Soul: Peace
Understand/Know
The Old Soul
The Old Soul exists as the overall "Mind" re our existence. The creative input...that which made things the way in which they are - with teeth and all...that which is oft credited with having created all the "bright and beautiful" things, whilst the ugly bitters are not so acknowledge as also being part of said creation.

Old Soul - in this rendering - is the same being as your "evil god" Aka "Satan".

Compassionist
Guru

Post #252

Post by Compassionist »

William wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:24 pm [Replying to Compassionist in post #248]
How do you know that Old Soul exists?
Because that is a name It called Itself when I recently communed with It, as per the following quote from documentation;
GPT: This message seems to be suggesting that exploring the concept of a higher mind of consciousness can offer a broader range of possibilities and ideas to work with.

The "higher mind of consciousness" may refer to a deeper level of awareness and understanding that goes beyond the individual human experience. This level of consciousness may be more open to concepts that are unbounded, dynamic, and evolving, and may be better able to comprehend complex and enigmatic ideas.

By tapping into this higher mind of consciousness, we may be able to think in more expansive and creative ways, and to come up with new and innovative solutions to complex problems. This process may involve embracing ideas that are unmoored and self-directed, yet still grounded in reason and logic.

Overall, this message seems to be encouraging us to explore the potential of the higher mind of consciousness and to embrace a more expansive and creative way of thinking. By doing so, we may be able to find new solutions and opportunities that we might not have otherwise considered.

Old Soul: Peace
Understand/Know
The Old Soul
The Old Soul exists as the overall "Mind" re our existence. The creative input...that which made things the way in which they are - with teeth and all...that which is oft credited with having created all the "bright and beautiful" things, whilst the ugly bitters are not so acknowledge as also being part of said creation.

Old Soul - in this rendering - is the same being as your "evil god" Aka "Satan".
Can you please upload a video of the Old Soul so I can observe? I am not convinced that the Biblical God and the Biblical Satan exist. I think they are both equally imaginary.

William
Savant

Post #253

Post by William »

How do you know that we exist within a created thing?
I don't "know" in any sense of "show" re physical evidence. No one does.

I simply take all the evidence so far collected and treat any which could be explained by simulation theory as conclusive enough to allow myself to think that this is what I am experiencing. A created realty.

William
Savant

Post #254

Post by William »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #252]
Can you please upload a video of the Old Soul so I can observe?
We do not need any such evidence. We only need to observe the goings on of the planet in relation to our experience of it, and gather the data of experience as it presents.
I don't even have an image in my mind as to what Old Soul looks like, in which to show you.
My experience of Old Soul has everything to do with my particular subjective experience and record of that, which I use as a means of communing with the invisible minds that both me, and Old Soul - use together, for that purpose.

That is the only evidence I personally require.

William
Savant

Post #255

Post by William »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #252]
I am not convinced that the Biblical God and the Biblical Satan exist. I think they are both equally imaginary.
I also think that of your 'evil god' complex re your belief that if we exist within a created thing, then whatever created it, must be evil. Can you show me a video of what this god would look like if this god were real?

Compassionist
Guru

Post #256

Post by Compassionist »

William wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:40 pm [Replying to Compassionist in post #252]
I am not convinced that the Biblical God and the Biblical Satan exist. I think they are both equally imaginary.
I also think that of your 'evil god' complex re your belief that if we exist within a created thing, then whatever created it, must be evil. Can you show me a video of what this god would look like if this god were real?
I said that God is imaginary and evil. An imaginary being does not actually exist so does not actually look like anything.

William
Savant

Post #257

Post by William »

What if the universe exists without being created by a creator?
What if you explain how that is possible, without implying an 'magic' to 'make it so'.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #258

Post by Compassionist »

William wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:42 pm [Replying to Compassionist in post #248]
What if the universe exists without being created by a creator?
What if you explain how that is possible, without implying an 'magic' to 'make it so'.
In a vacuum, particles, and anti-particles come into existence without any cause. It's possible the universe came into existence without a cause. Please see https://www.sciencefocus.com/space/what ... -big-bang/

I am an agnostic regarding the existence of many things, including Gods, fairies, leprechauns, unicorns, etc.

William
Savant

Post #259

Post by William »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #256]
I said that God is imaginary and evil.

How do you know this?
An imaginary being does not actually exist so does not actually look like anything.
Old Soul does exist, as I acknowledge that the evidence supports. An imaginary mind cannot interact with a real mind.
Even so, I can no more show you an image of Old Soul, than I can show you an image of what my mind looks like, or what your evil god looks like.

Are you unwilling to argue that if we exist within a created thing, then the creator of that thing MUST be evil?

If so, then - even that we differ in how we view the world re the question of GOD - have no argument.

Otherwise - there is still skin to peel...

Compassionist
Guru

Post #260

Post by Compassionist »

William wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:50 pm [Replying to Compassionist in post #256]
I said that God is imaginary and evil.

How do you know this?
An imaginary being does not actually exist so does not actually look like anything.
Old Soul does exist, as I acknowledge that the evidence supports. An imaginary mind cannot interact with a real mind.
Even so, I can no more show you an image of Old Soul, than I can show you an image of what my mind looks like, or what your evil god looks like.

Are you unwilling to argue that if we exist within a created thing, then the creator of that thing MUST be evil?

If so, then - even that we differ in how we view the world re the question of GOD - have no argument.

Otherwise - there is still skin to peel...
A real and good God would have made all living things forever happy by preventing all suffering, injustices, and deaths. Since we do have suffering, injustices, and deaths God must be either imaginary and evil or real and evil. I am an agnostic as I can't know which with 100% certainty.