The Jew Problem

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Conversator
Student

The Jew Problem

Post #1

Post by Conversator »

It fascinates me how Christians and Muslims want the religion of the Jews, but without the Jews. They'll write ten thousand books to explain why the Jew is damned, whilst they, the holy exemplars of the Jew's God, are blessed. I simply can't ignore this, as some courtesy to etiquette. Let's actually discuss this. 1st Thessalonians 2:15,16 " ...The Jews killed the lord Jesus and the prophets... they do not please God, and are hostile to ALL men... wrath is upon them to the utmost." Galatians 5:12 " I wish they ( the Jews) would castrate themselves." Surah 5:64 " the Jews...are cursed... they love to make mischief in the Earth." I find it curious. Shouldn't God be the focus of religion? If God's enemy is the focus of religion, should it even be called a religion? ( In fairness, my dear Muslim brothers and sisters have disavowed much of the hateful rhetoric in their Hadiths. And have been a force of good in this world, and will no doubt have a cherished place in the glorious world to come) I've often joked with my Muslim brothers that the only reason their book says bad stuff about us and our book says nothing bad about Muslims, is because they came after us. If they came first, our book would say bad stuff about them, but their book would have nothing bad about us. They know that and we do too :P
Last edited by Conversator on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
I prefer Coca-Cola

Revelations won
Sage

Re: The Jew Problem

Post #21

Post by Revelations won »

To all respondents,

In my post # 735 I placed a challenge to the JW's and all others who make a hate issue against our Jewish brethren and spew out their venomous hatred against the Jews.

I find that their hatred to be 100 % opposed to the love of Jesus Christ and the salvation for this persecuted people of great destiny .

My challenges against you hate mongers to this issue have been completely unchallenged as of this date. Let's see your opposing evidence that fuels your hate! I freely welcome your responses.

Kind regards,
RW

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #22

Post by thomasdixon »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:55 am To all respondents,
My challenges against you hate mongers to this issue have been completely unchallenged as of this date. Let's see your opposing evidence that fuels your hate! I freely welcome your responses.
Kind regards,
RW
Ezekiel
Chapter 21
1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.
23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.
24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.
25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:
29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.
30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.
31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.
32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

8-)
Last edited by thomasdixon on Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #23

Post by JehovahsWitness »

In my post # 735 I placed a challenge to the JW's and all others who make a hate issue against our Jewish brethren and spew out their venomous hatred against the Jews.
Thus certaintly does not apply to me or the Jehovah Witnesses religion.

Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:55 am I find that their hatred to be 100 % opposed to the love of Jesus Christ and the salvation for this persecuted people of great destiny .
Excuse me but hate speech is disallowed on this forum; if you have seen any feel free to report it and allow the moderators to deal with it. I have not read all the posts on this thread but I can assure you there has been no "venomous hatred against the Jews" in any of my posts.

My posts in this threads are as follows

--> post #2

--> post #4

--> post #8

--> post #9

--> post #15

--> post #16

--> post #17

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Revelations won
Sage

Post #24

Dear thomasdixon,

Thank you for your response.

You pointed out that the Lord was very displeased with the apostate position of the tribe of Judah in your quote from Ezekiel.

In fact there were but few prophets called by the Lord after the time of Ezekiel. And yes, The tribe of Judah shorty thereafter went through their own “dark ages” for a period of around four hundred “400” years where there was indeed a famine. This was a famine of not hearing the word of the Lord through the living prophets until the meridian of time when John the Baptist, Christ and the 12 apostles and ended this spiritual famine of not hearing the word of the lord. Even then there were bu few who were then open to receive the word of the Lord. As you also pointed out in Ezekiel 21:25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

There were those few who believed and turned unto the lord. In the coming time there will also be those of the tribe of Judah who will follow the example of those very early christians and will have been prepared to meet the Messiah.

You should also observe that the rebuke given in Ezekiel’s day was directed at the tribe of Judah. There is no mention of the other tibias in the above referenced account.

Where were the “lost ten tribes at that time?

Where are they today?

When shall they return to receive their promised inheritances?

Kind regards,
RW

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #25

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

thomasdixon wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:42 am
Kind regards,
RW
Ezekiel
Chapter 21
1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.
23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.
24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.
25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:
29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.
30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.
31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.
32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

8-)
You forgot to read Ezekiel 36 & 37, whereas "the house of Israel" (Ezekiel 36:22) will be taken out "from the nations", and I will "cleanse your filthiness" and "give you a new heart and new "spirit" (Ez 36:26-28), and you will live on the "land I gave to your forefathers". With respect to Ezekiel 37, I will join the stick of Judah with the stick of Ephraim/Israel, and they will become one nation under the leadership of David and keep My statutes on the land I gave to Jacob. Israel will be "sanctified" (Ezekiel 37:28).

Revelations won
Sage

Post #26

Dear JW,

I find your response very amusing. You said “JehovahsWitness wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:47 pm
Conversator wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:02 am
It fascinates me how Christians and Muslims want the religion of the Jews, but without the Jews.
Well, I can't speak for Muslims but as a Christian this is not true for me at all. Firstly we don't want the "religion of the Jews" because biblically like a pair of old shoes, the religion of the Jews has served it purpose. It was beautiful and perfect in its day but is now all used up and old. Once shoes are outgrown and/or worn out they are only fit for the trash. As Paul said, the "religion of the Jews" (as in the temple based system of worship) represents the "the weak and beggerly things" a mere shadow of the real thing.

What true Christians want (and by the grace if God, have). is the God of the Jews: יהוה YHWH (Jehovah God). And since biblically as a nation the Jews (and their used up religion) have been rejected by God, Christians and Christians alone have His favor.

Now according to your response, these Jews worshipped Jehovah and you say: “Firstly we don't want the "religion of the Jews" because biblically like a pair of old shoes, the religion of the Jews has served it purpose. It was beautiful and perfect in its day but is now all used up and old. Once shoes are outgrown and/or worn out they are only fit for the trash.”

So what you are really saying is that the revealed religion from God to the Jews was perfect in it’s day but is now “outgrown and/or worn out they are only fit for the trash.”

One has to wonder how that same philosophy applies to JW’s today?

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #27

Post by JehovahsWitness »

So? There was no "venomous hatred against the Jews" in any of that. If you feel otherwise feel free to report it.

Scripturally the decesndants of Abraham were Gods chosen people, according to Christian teaching, they are no longer. Returning to the Mosaic law for a Jewish Christian would religiously be returning to what Paul classified as "the weak and beggarly things", not because the old law was not beautiful but because it had served it purpose.

That is the scriptural view of the religion of the biblical Jews. According to the bible, born again Christians (from all nations) are the new "Israelites" of HaShem YHWH/ יהוה‎ .

JEHOVAH

RELATED POSTS

Who make up "spirituual" Israel ?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 11#p900111

When Paul said "all Israel" would be saved was he refering to fleshly /natural Israel or SPIRITUAL Israel ? [Onewithim]
viewtopic.php?p=875857#p875857

Replacement theology: Who are the present day people of God?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 58#p857158

Did God reject his "chosen people"?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 50#p857250

Who are the REAL twelve tribes of Israel ?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 7#p1023147
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

SPIRITUAL ISRAEL , BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS and ... THE 144, 000
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #28

Post by thomasdixon »

God chose them, told them how to live & what they have done in return
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:
(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: .,.,.,..,..,
Are they multiplying?
According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population
God also told His Chosen how they should live their lives~~~~

The term “stranger” is referenced 128 times in the KJV of the bible.
(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.
(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.
(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
This is how they have chosen to treat the stranger—
Israeli IDF sniper teams have murdered hundreds of Palestinian children
https://tinyurl.com/32yekhjk
Israelis destroy Palestinian homes and murder whoever is inside
https://tinyurl.com/47s4nm28
Israelis destroy Palestinian fishing boats cutting off needed food for its people
https://tinyurl.com/4a8zj84c[/i]
The above are recent events bur there were old events that God condemned as well-
The Truth Will Set You Free
8-)

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by thomasdixon »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:55 am When shall they return to receive their promised inheritances?

Kind regards,
RW
The promise was conditional.
8-)

Revelations won
Sage

Post #30

Dear JW,

You said:

“Well, I can't speak for Muslims but as a Christian this is not true for me at all. Firstly we don't want the "religion of the Jews" because biblically like a pair of old shoes, the religion of the Jews has served it purpose. It was beautiful and perfect in its day but is now all used up and old. Once shoes are outgrown and/or worn out they are only fit for the trash. As Paul said, the "religion of the Jews" (as in the temple based system of worship) represents the "the weak and beggerly things" a mere shadow of the real thing.

My response:

The religion which includes the Law given to the prophet Moses and also the “Ten Commandments” was given to them by the Lord.

You claim the this was “beautiful and perfect in its day but is now all used up and old. But is now “worn out they are only fit for the trash.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. God is unchanging in his eternal plan for all of his children. Christ himself testified that he came not to destroy the law, but to fullfil the law.

It appears that you are saying that Jews should no longer worship Jehovah.

That they no no longer need to keep the “Ten Commandments”.

That they no longer should never have more prophets.

That they should no longer ever have communion with God and reject all new revelation from God.

Kind regards,
RW