JehovahsWitness and them 144,000

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Conversator
Student

JehovahsWitness and them 144,000

Post #1

Post by Conversator »

Alright, a little background. I live in an orthodox Jewish neighborhood, and one day some JehovahsWitnesses came into our neighborhood and caused problems. They knocked on my door, told me I'm going to hell and asked if I was OK with that. They also said something about 144,000 people go to heaven and offered to sell me a pamplhet that talked about it. It was two bucks by the way, and no, I didn't buy it.

A few days later our synagogue was vandalized, the camera footage was reviewed and it was the same two JehovahsWitnesses who had knocked on my door. They broke two windows and threw a dead cat in there. They were jailed, but not charged with a hate crime, but that's another story altogether.

Out of curiosity, what did that two dollar pamphlet say? I doubt it said to kill cats and break windows. 144,000 people go to heaven? OK, fair enough its your religion, but how do those 144,000 merit entrance into heaven? Please don't say, selling two dollar pamphlets.
I prefer Coca-Cola

Thomas123
Sage

Re: JehovahsWitness and them 144,000

Post #2

Post by Thomas123 »

Hi Conversator,
I must admit to being slightly disappointed with your presentation here. It appears unnecessarily provocative to a specific religious sect, ..the JW's.

Your anecdote is a click bait that is very untypical of
what I know of these people. Have you any desire for knowledge in your question?

There is an idiot born every minute, sometimes there might be 2. Don't be that person, C.

You summed it up perfectly yourself.

C:' fair enough its your religion'

Thomas123
Sage

Post #3

Post by Thomas123 »

The Concept of restricted access to an Afterlife Utopia, might be worth , kicking around', for a while, as it is integral or at least insinuated in most of the Abrahamic Generics, Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

It appears as if there are bouncers at the door.
Is it that the sinner is so lost that they can't remember the combination?

Conversator
Student

Post #4

Post by Conversator »

Thomas123 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:27 am Hi Conversator,
I must admit to being slightly disappointed with your presentation here. It appears unnecessarily provocative to a specific religious sect, ..the JW's.

what I know of these people. Have you any desire for knowledge in your question?

There is an idiot born every minute, sometimes there might be 2. Don't be that person, C.

Oh, we were own the News. The jws were real, the dead cat was real, and our synagogue is still real.
Last edited by Conversator on Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer Coca-Cola

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Athetotheist »

Conversator wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:22 am

Oh, we were own the News dude. The jws were real, the dead cat was real, and our synagogue is still real
Can you provide a link to the news story?

Conversator
Student

Post #6

Post by Conversator »

Athetotheist wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:29 am

Oh, we were own the News dude. The jws were real, the dead cat was real, and our synagogue is still real
Want my address as well? Sheesh. Google vandalized synagogues and search through the tens of freaking thousands of vandalized synagogue news reports until you find it yourself. Yikes, This Christian website is cringe.
I prefer Coca-Cola

Conversator
Student

Post #7

Post by Conversator »

I'll say this, the Mormons came to our aid in vast support. That was an unexpected joy to say the least.
I prefer Coca-Cola

Conversator
Student

Post #8

Post by Conversator »

Further still, I love Mormons and always will. This mess was a huge turning point in my life. It feeled me with rage that scared the hell out of me, but those precious Mormon brothers and sisters helped me and my community in ways that I will never forget.
I prefer Coca-Cola

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Athetotheist »

Conversator wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:39 am

Want my address as well? Sheesh. Google vandalized synagogues and search through the tens of freaking thousands of vandalized synagogue news reports until you find it yourself. Yikes, This Christian website is cringe.
That's a severe overreaction to a perfectly reasonable request. Why should we have to slog through thousands of links to find one which you should easily be able to provide if this particular incident happened where you live?

Conversator
Student

Post #10

Post by Conversator »

Athetotheist wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:52 am
Conversator wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:39 am

That's a severe overreaction to a perfectly reasonable request. Why should we have to slog through thousands of links to find one which you should easily be able to provide if this particular incident happened where you live?
Believe it, don't believe it. "slog through" Jewish misery or dismiss it altogether. Going to deny the holocaust next? As is done in the university I attend! This Christian website is cringe!
I prefer Coca-Cola