The 144,000

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

The 144,000

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

There used to be a 144,000 topic which I could not find. I have a post responding to Tammy and JW asa follows:

Dear JW,

I quote Tammy,s and your posts below below. After which I will post man response.

Thanks
Post #124
Though it is not my teaching, and though my Lord is the One who taught or allowed me to see the things that I have shared (freely as I have been given); the things that I have shared are indeed supported by what is written:

- The 144 000 are SEALED (biblical) before...

- The four winds are released (biblical)

- The Great Tribulation begins (biblical)

- The Great Tribulation is cut short because... (biblical)

- .... Christ returns and first gathers up His Bride (the first resurrection - those who have died, and those who are still alive when He returns) for their marriage in the spiritual realm. (biblical)

- He and His Bride (the New Jerusalem) come down out of heaven and reign upon the earth (thousand year reign) (also biblical)

- The nations alive at this time (who cannot be Christian, because all Christian were taken up and changed) are gathered before Christ for the separation of the sheep and the goats. The sheep enter into the Kingdom and the goats are cast outside of the Kingdom. (biblical)

(So obviously this Kingdom is upon the earth... as you must also acknowledge, since the sheep enter the Kingdom, and your religion teaches that the sheep are meek ones who are upon the earth.)

- At the end of the thousand years Satan is released from his prison (the abyss) and misleads 'gog and magog' into attacking the people God loves. (biblical)

- Fire from heaven devours them. (also biblical)

- The second resurrection (the resurrection of the dead) occurs, where some are resurrected to life and some are resurrected to judgment. (biblical)

- Then Death (the last enemy) and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire (the second death) and destroyed. (biblical)

Then God is all in all. (biblical)

Just because your understanding and interpretation is different than the one given me, does not mean that your understanding is correct... OR... that the things I have shared are untrue, or even not 'biblical'.

You say that I did not answer whether or not the sheep and the goats will be living in the same territory. How can inside a Kingdom and outside a Kingdom be the same territory?

So let me ask you some questions:

Where do you say the goats will be living?

How will the goats die?

How will they be cast out of the Kingdom?

Is there death in the Kingdom?

Who comes against the people ON THE EARTH at the end of the thousand years, if indeed the wicked/goats are not also living on the earth?

And if they are living on the earth, according to your interpretation, how are they not living side by side with the meek? How are THEY kept separate from the meek?

Just a few questions. I'm sure there will be more if you answer these ones.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

y
Thanks
Post #125
by JehovahsWitness » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:07 am
tam wrote:
Though it is not my teaching, and though my Lord is the One who taught or allowed me to see the things that I have shared (freely as I have been given)
Yes, I know you claim to have some kind of direct revelation from God, but I reject all modern day self proclaimed "prophets" in favor of divine revelation in scripture, so I don't believe you are in communication with God or that he is revealing things to you. I'm sure you don't care and I'm not claiming you indicated that you did care, I'm just sharing my position as to your claims.

You may be sharing your personal interpretation (teaching) but you are not doing so in my opinion very effectively. I haven't sufficiently addressed the issues your personal interpretation raises not explained fully what you mean for example by being "cast outside the kindgom" but still living on the earth.... and when questioned further you have simply alluded to some kind of mystical divine revelation you have.

Peace and Respect to you and all you hold dear,
JW

Dear JW,

I think Tammy has brought out some very good points in her post # 124.

I quote from your response to Tammy:

“Yes, I know you claim to have some kind of direct revelation from God, but I reject all modern day self proclaimed "prophets" in favor of divine revelation in scripture.

It is very clear that in the book of revelation that there will indeed be in the last days two mighty prophets in Jerusalem which will prophesy
And perform mighty miracles for 3 1/2 years. By your own response you clearly reject those prophets of the Lord.

In addition you clearly reject the fact that John also has according to the book of revelation the calling to yet testify before kings and nations.

In the book of Daniel the God of heaven will in the latter days set up his kingdom. You have no record of the words of God required to set up his kingdom. Therefore the kingdom of the JW’s is clearly not the kingdom of God, but merely the invention of the private interpretations of man.

Your confused man made interpretations of scripture are indeed according to your claims nothing but man made interpretations.

What gives you the arrogant right to place a “gag order” on our very creator which allows you to reject any future revelations from him? In my observation this appears as very blasphemous to take a position to disallow god to speak to man today. In other words, what gives you the right to dictate to God what he can or cannot do or say in these latter days?

Yes I admit that you have the God given agency to personally accept or deny revelation from God.

You, of course cannot choose the consequences of your exercise of the great power of agency.

Best regards,
RW

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Re: The 144,000

Post #2

Post by SacredBishop »

I might be off topic, but I was told by A JW friend of mine that only 144,000 people go to heaven and everybody else is annihilated in the 2nd resurrection. Jws say there is no hell just annihilation, and only 144,000 people avoid the annihilation. Approximately 50 billion people have come and gone. I hope the jws are wrong. Maybe Jws have different opinions about this though.

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by SacredBishop »

Serena Williams is a JehovahsWitness, I doubt she would say only 144,000 people go to heaven, she might say only she can beat 144,000 people at tennis. And she'd be right :o

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

I'm afraid itis not very clear what you are asking ; can you just post your question without the background quotes?

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8