Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Thomas123
Sage

Uses for Catholicism in 2023

Post #1

Post by Thomas123 »

Matthew 23:3
'So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.'

Speak as an observer if you are not a Catholic.

Does Rome lead the efforts to provide housing for Ukrainian refugees in Europe? I think not!

Is Rome taking to task its Eastern Orthodox offshoot about their ties and support for Putins troops! I don't think so!

Is Rome in the vanguard of a new environmental crusade. I think not!

Is Rome going to relax gender/celibacy/etc doctrines for its dwindling priesthood and encourage them to mix more. I doubt it.

Etc, etc,etc

Catholicism is a huge religion that deserves guidance in todays world.

They abstained from giving guidance about, TV, Internet browsing, business, etc etc

What is it actually doing?

I am probably missing something!

What do you think?

Thomas123
Sage

Re: Uses for Catholicism in 2023

Post #11

Post by Thomas123 »

Nope! SB.

What planet are you on?😜

'A study done by the nonpartisan wealth research firm New World Wealth found that 56.2% of the 13.1 million millionaires in the world were Christians,'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_ ... 20(1.1%25).

'There is no doubt, however, that between the church’s priceless art, land, gold and investments across the globe, it is one of the wealthiest institutions on Earth'

https://nationalpost.com/news/wealth-of ... on%20Earth.

Thomas123
Sage

Post #12

Post by Thomas123 »

I am researching the Shroud of Turin at the moment,(don't even ask)...I love this bit from Wik

"Currently the Catholic Church neither formally endorses nor rejects the shroud, and in 2013 Pope Francis referred to it as an "icon of a man scourged and crucified".
What are the odds of them being correct?

Wik certainly know how 'to put the boot in'😂

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #13

Post by kjw47 »

Thomas123 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:26 am Matthew 23:3
'So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.'

Speak as an observer if you are not a Catholic.

Does Rome lead the efforts to provide housing for Ukrainian refugees in Europe? I think not!

Is Rome taking to task its Eastern Orthodox offshoot about their ties and support for Putins troops! I don't think so!

Is Rome in the vanguard of a new environmental crusade. I think not!

Is Rome going to relax gender/celibacy/etc doctrines for its dwindling priesthood and encourage them to mix more. I doubt it.

Etc, etc,etc

Catholicism is a huge religion that deserves guidance in todays world.

They abstained from giving guidance about, TV, Internet browsing, business, etc etc

What is it actually doing?

I am probably missing something!

What do you think?

Facts prove they teach a non existent God and are misleading all following them into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily.