How Do I Know An Exorcism Worked

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SacredBishop
Apprentice

How Do I Know An Exorcism Worked

Post #1

Post by SacredBishop »

I was reading Mark 16:17 These signs will accompany those who believe: they will cast out demons and speak in tongues. I recently acquired the ability to speak in tongues, which I discuss in a separate topic: How Do I Know I'm Speaking In Tongues.

I was eager to cast out a demon as a sign of my faith. I didn't know anyone who was possessed, so I just started asking random people if they were possessed. I found a man named Pedro who said he was. I looked into his eyes with disgust, and screamed: You unclean spirit, you wicked demon, I command you to leave Pedro by the authority of Christ. The power of Christ compells you. The power of Christ compells you. I asked Pedro if it worked and he said it did.

How do I know the exorcism worked? Maybe he lied to me. I felt religious as I was doing it. I think it worked, but how do I know it actually know?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: How Do I Know An Exorcism Worked

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

If you are no longer troubled by evil spirits.
ACTS 16:19

for many days. Eventually Paul grew so aggravated that he turned and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” And the spirit left her at that very moment
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8