Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

A feasible alien Creator?

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

Would it be more feasible for an atheist to believe in God if he considers him the Creator in a world of aliens that belong to another physical dimension? :?:

If that would be the case, then the problem of atheists would just be a matter of atheist prejudice and pride, just technicalities and wording ... vanity, IMO.

brunumb
Savant

Re: A feasible alien Creator?

Post #2

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to Eloi in post #1]

If there are aliens in another dimension who created this world, how would we know and why should we care? Are you now going to add more conditions to these aliens to give them more significance?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Eloi »

brunumb wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:32 pm [Replying to Eloi in post #1]

If there are aliens in another dimension who created this world, and would we know and why should we care? Are you now going to add more conditions to these aliens to give them more significance?
Is that supposed to be a response to my initial post? :shock:

brunumb
Savant

Post #4

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to Eloi in post #3]

Yes. It appears that you are trying to shoehorn God-belief in via this alien analogy. My questions address your premise with that in mind. Do you have any answers?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

Miles
Savant

Post #5

Post by Miles »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:10 pm Would it be more feasible for an atheist to believe in God if he considers him the Creator in a world of aliens that belong to another physical dimension?
Not unless such a god could be shown to exist. To the atheist your god has no more standing than Zeus, Odin, or the One Above All.

"The most powerful deity and cosmic entity in any comic book universe, the One Above All is the embodiment of the unknowable concept of the transcendent other. The One Above All is the one who jump-started reality as we know it. His omnipresence is beyond understanding. The One Above All created whatever rules govern the cosmos and the ethereal entities that run them."
source

For atheists it isn't a matter of what a god could or did do, but whether his existence can be proven, and so far nada for any god.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Eloi »

brunumb wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:40 pm [Replying to Eloi in post #3]

Yes. It appears that you are trying to shoehorn God-belief in via this alien analogy. My questions address your premise with that in mind. Do you have any answers?
If you have not answer to the question in the topic, why are you attacking my person? :?:

I opened a topic with a question. Can you answer it or not?

brunumb
Savant

Post #7

Post by brunumb »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:42 pm

If you have not answer to the question in the topic, why are you attacking my person? :?:

How am I attacking your person please?

All the problems associated with your God as creator apply to your alien beings as creator, so why should I regard them as any different?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Eloi »

Miles wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:41 pm
Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:10 pm Would it be more feasible for an atheist to believe in God if he considers him the Creator in a world of aliens that belong to another physical dimension?
Not unless such a god could be shown to exist. To the atheist your god has no more standing than Zeus, Odin, or the One Above All.

"The most powerful deity and cosmic entity in any comic book universe, the One Above All is the embodiment of the unknowable concept of the transcendent other. The One Above All is the one who jump-started reality as we know it. His omnipresence is beyond understanding. The One Above All created whatever rules govern the cosmos and the ethereal entities that run them."
source

For atheists it isn't a matter of what a god could or did do, but whether his existence can be proven, and so far nada for any god.

I was not talking about God, but about a supposed alien who created this dimension. Is that too difficult to think for an atheist mind? :?

Atheist have been looking for extraterrestrial inteligent beings for a long time. O:) Maybe they were looking for God ... thinking in something else ... just saying.

Do you know about the others 10 or so physical dimensions, science talks about? There may be millions of real things in those ... Don't you think? 8-)

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Eloi »

brunumb wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:45 pm
Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:42 pm

How am I attacking your person please?

All the problems associated with your God as creator apply to your alien beings as creator, so why should I regard them as any different?
When you say, for example, that the aliens I am talking about are "my alien creators" you are personalizing. Please, answer the topic without personalizing it. Thanks.

I was asking in general sense and if there are any aliens, they would be as good to you as my God and spirits are to me ... without any diference at all.

Atheists have a very creative imagination. Sometimes they create theories out of brainstorms. ;)

brunumb
Savant

Post #10

Post by brunumb »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:46 pm I was not talking about God, but about a supposed alien who created this dimension. Is that too difficult to think for an atheist mind? :?
[Bolding added]

But your question was:
"Would it be more feasible for an atheist to believe in God if he considers him the Creator in a world of aliens that belong to another physical dimension?"

As I said, the problems are the same. When you can demonstrate that these aliens exist and that they created this world then there should be no problem in believing in them. Same for your God.