Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

A feasible alien Creator?

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

Would it be more feasible for an atheist to believe in God if he considers him the Creator in a world of aliens that belong to another physical dimension? :?:

If that would be the case, then the problem of atheists would just be a matter of atheist prejudice and pride, just technicalities and wording ... vanity, IMO.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Re: A feasible alien Creator?

Post #11

Post by Eloi »

@brunumb I didn't create this topic to chitchat and personalize those chitchats.
Thanks for your interest. I will wait for some others responses. Good bye.

brunumb
Savant

Post #12

Post by brunumb »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:51 pm When you say, for example, that the aliens I am talking about are "my alien creators" you are personalizing. Please, answer the topic without personalizing it. Thanks.
Please try to read with understanding. I was referring to the aliens as part of your invented scenario. What else could I have meant?
[/quote]
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Eloi »

brunumb wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:58 pm
Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:51 pm When you say, for example, that the aliens I am talking about are "my alien creators" you are personalizing. Please, answer the topic without personalizing it. Thanks.
Please try to read with understanding. I was referring to the aliens as part of your invented scenario. What else could I have meant?
Well, do you think that is a plausible scenario, or is it so dificult to visualize as real?

Is there any chance that atheist people could THINK on God as a possible superior alien being without their brain to explode? O:)

brunumb
Savant

Post #14

Post by brunumb »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:57 pm @brunumb I didn't create this topic to chitchat and personalize those chitchats.
I am not chit-chatting. You clearly have an agenda and are not happy that you can't just run with it unchallenged. I answered your question. You seem incapable of addressing mine, so I understand why you prefer to cut and run. Goodbye to you too.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Eloi »

brunumb wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:01 pm
Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:57 pm @brunumb I didn't create this topic to chitchat and personalize those chitchats.
I am not chit-chatting. You clearly have an agenda and are not happy that you can't just run with it unchallenged. I answered your question. You seem incapable of addressing mine, so I understand why you prefer to cut and run. Goodbye to you too.
That is exactly what I said before: it is like every time a believer try to establish a dialog with atheist forumers, you think on an agenda or a conspiration that you have to battle to destroy; like you feel an enmity that you cann't control. Man, you are the ones with the agenda, so be real.

And please, keep this topic clean of your attitude for others to participate on it. Thanks.

PS: you didn't answer my question. You made your own questions to question my intentions, personalizing the thread.

Miles
Savant

Post #16

Post by Miles »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:46 pm
Miles wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:41 pm
Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:10 pm Would it be more feasible for an atheist to believe in God if he considers him the Creator in a world of aliens that belong to another physical dimension?
Not unless such a god could be shown to exist. To the atheist your god has no more standing than Zeus, Odin, or the One Above All.

"The most powerful deity and cosmic entity in any comic book universe, the One Above All is the embodiment of the unknowable concept of the transcendent other. The One Above All is the one who jump-started reality as we know it. His omnipresence is beyond understanding. The One Above All created whatever rules govern the cosmos and the ethereal entities that run them."
source

For atheists it isn't a matter of what a god could or did do, but whether his existence can be proven, and so far nada for any god.

I was not talking about God, but about a supposed alien who created this dimension. Is that too difficult to think for an atheist mind?
Around these parts when a poster capitalizes "god" and "creator" it invariably denotes Jehovah, Eloi, Adonai, Yahweh or whatever you care to call Jesus's supernatural dad.

Atheist have been looking for extraterrestrials for a long time. O:) Maybe they were looking for God ... thinking in something else ... just saying.
Actually, not at all. At least no more so than anyone else. If anything, all they've been doing is waiting for proof of the existence of a god. And as I said, so far nada.

Do you know about the others 10 or so physical dimensions, science talks about?
Not necessarily physical dimensions, but certainly alternative universes to our own, such as multiverses; a hypothetical group of multiple universes, or a parallel universe(s), which most physicists do tout as being physical. However, outside of being hypothetical that's all such universes are.

There may be millions of real things in those ... Don't you think? 8-)
No I don't. I'll wait until science has a much firmer understanding of such possibilities before even putting them in the "may exist" category. Right now multiverses, parallel universes and all other alternative universes are mere speculation, and that's all they are. As for the existence of dimensions, other than those that have been confirmed, the same holds true. And just to note; science doesn't even acknowledge the existence of supernatural dimension. The one Christians so fervently rely on, or fear, occupying after death.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by Eloi »

Just a reminder about what I asked in the first post:

Would it be more feasible for an atheist to believe in God if he considers him the Creator in a world of aliens that belong to another physical dimension? :?:

I was just curious, but I don't really mind.

Thanks, and I see you next time, whenever it may be. O:)

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #18

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to Eloi in post #1]
No. Such a hypothetical entity would be no more believable (as far as its existence) than any of the thousands of gods humans have invented over the millennia, none of which have ever been demonstrated to exist.
If that would be the case, then the problem of atheists would just be a matter of atheist prejudice and pride, just technicalities and wording ... vanity, IMO.
There is no "problem of atheists." We simply do not believe that gods exist. It is that simple. No prejudice or pride is involved. Just a simple lack of belief in something that is purely hypothetical and so far has eluded detection or identification.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Tcg
Savant

Post #19

Post by Tcg »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:10 pm then the problem of atheists
Atheists don't have a problem. Theists do and that is their inability to provide verifiable evidence which is sufficient to establish that gods of any kind exist.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #20

Post by Purple Knight »

Eloi wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:10 pm If that would be the case, then the problem of atheists would just be a matter of atheist prejudice and pride, just technicalities and wording ... vanity, IMO.
I agree with your basic reasoning here. If we can believe in incomprehensible aliens from an incomprehensible dimension with incomprehensible powers, but we can't believe in "God did it" then we have some serious biases in play.

My problem is, I don't think these aliens have any moral authority just because they created us. Same for God.

That thing in the Bible might exist but I do not believe in the possibility of the kind of moral authority it depicts itself to have. Whatever he does is good, because he is God? That's a definition of a god that makes a god impossible to exist, because someone doing mean and hurtful things to those he rules is a tyrant, even if he says his name is God and even if he says what he does is justified and righteous.