Another problem with Jesus being God

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Another problem with Jesus being God

Post #1

Post by Athetotheist »

It's often claimed that Jesus was 100% God and 100% human. There are numerous difficulties with this assertion and here, I believe, is another one.

Jesus had a physical body which, if he was 100% human, must have been a 100% human body. Human bodies are composed of the materials they take in from the environment; in other words, human bodies are made up of components of the natural world----and Christianity vehemently distinguishes between the natural world and God. Thus, for Jesus to have been 100% God, the material of the natural world which made up his physical body would have to have been 100% God, making the natural world----and presumably the rest of the universe----pantheistic (the problem, of course, is that this would make the rest of us 100% God as well).

If Jesus was 100% God but his physical body----made of components of a natural world distinct from God----wasn't, then his physical body couldn't have been an actual part of him. But if his physical body wasn't part of him, how could he be 100% human?

It seems that there are three possibilities:

1. The material from the natural world which made up Jesus's physical body was 100% God because the universe is pantheistic,

2. Jesus was 100% God but his physical body wasn't part of him, meaning that he wasn't 100% human....

or....

3. Jesus was 100% human and wasn't God.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: Another problem with Jesus being God

Post #21

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to Miles in post #19
Sorry, but your say-so isn't enough evidence, show us where the Bible says this is so. Besides your Bible already says it is possible. Simply look up John 10:30 or post #3 here.
Wait.....what do you mean, "my Bible"?

Are you so fixated on arguing with anyone and everyone that you just assume everyone is arguing from the Bible?

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #22

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #20
I think it would be a very good idea if Sunday school teachers would first show their classes how the Word's flesh is an honest to gosh, bona fides, human being descended from David and Adam before saying even one word about its status as a deity. Then maybe Christians would end their silly mantra that Jesus is fully God and fully Man and instead start a new mantra saying the Word is fully God and fully Man because that would fit very nicely with John 1:1-3, John 1:14, and Phil 2:6-11.
Whether Jesus or the Word, fully God and fully Man doesn't fit nicely at all between Hebrews 4:15 and James 1:13.

Miles
Savant

Post #23

Post by Miles »

Athetotheist wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:17 pm [Replying to Miles in post #19
Sorry, but your say-so isn't enough evidence, show us where the Bible says this is so. Besides your Bible already says it is possible. Simply look up John 10:30 or post #3 here.
Wait.....what do you mean, "my Bible"?

Are you so fixated on arguing with anyone and everyone that you just assume everyone is arguing from the Bible?
In this exchange, just you, but I do recognize it as a mistake. My apology if my assumption was insulting or whatever.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #24

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to Miles in post #19

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither a son of man, that he should repent (Numbers 23:19)
But everyone knows god repented some of what he did, and several times no less!
Repent or not, mistakes or not, the Bible says that the God of the Bible is not a man.

Miles
Savant

Post #25

Post by Miles »

Athetotheist wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:18 pm [Replying to Miles in post #19

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither a son of man, that he should repent (Numbers 23:19)
Repent or not, mistakes or not, the Bible says that the God of the Bible is not a man.
And I never said or implied he was; although, I am curious as to where the Bible actually says he is not. What's the Book, Chapter, and Verse you're referring to?

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #26

Post by Athetotheist »

Miles wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:26 pm

And I never said or implied he was; although, I am curious as to where the Bible actually says he is not. What's the Book, Chapter, and Verse you're referring to?

It's the book, chapter and verse you just quoted from my quote.

Miles
Savant

Post #27

Post by Miles »

Athetotheist wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:16 pm
Miles wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:26 pm

It's the book, chapter and verse you just quoted from my quote.

𝔹𝕆𝕀ℕ𝔾❕