Easter's Importance

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Easter's Importance

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

Of the two-- forgiveness vs. acquittal --I prefer acquittal because forgiveness leaves traces on the books, whereas acquittal leaves no traces.

For example; files are to be opened at the scene depicted by Rev 20:11-15. I've no doubt that quite a few of the "works" in those files are forgiven works; yet there they are to be reckoned with because the offender, though forgiven, wasn't acquitted-- roughly defined as an adjudication of innocence due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict.

Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to life for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" roughly pertains to a verdict of innocence which, in my estimation, is a whole lot better than a pardon.

* Note that Jesus' crucifixion alone wasn't sufficient to gain folks an acquittal, viz: had his crucified dead body not been restored to life, we'd all remain in very grave danger of facing justice at the great white throne event.

1Cor 15:17 . . If Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and you are still under condemnation for your sins.
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: Easter's Importance

Post #2

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #1
1Cor 15:17 . . If Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and you are still under condemnation for your sins.
This statement rests on the assumption that Jesus was "Christ". If Jesus wasn't raised from the dead, that simply means that he wasn't "Christ" and that, if there is a plan of salvation, it's of a different nature.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #3

Post by WebersHome »

Christ's followers are counted as joint participants in his crucifixion. (Rom 6:3, Rom 6:6, Gal 2:20)

They are also counted as joint participants in his resurrection. (Rom 6:4-5)

So then, seeing as Christ will never again be put to death for sin, and from now on be permanently immortal (Rom 6:9-10) then the same is true for his joint participants, i.e. never again will they be in danger of the wages of sin, and should make an effort to accept that they have immortality in the bag. (Rom 6:11)
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #4

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: So; how would an interested party go about obtaining this acquittal about which you speak?

REPLY: It's available upon request.

Find a quiet place, anywhere will do. Cover you face with your hands for a sense of privacy and tell God you have never yet measured up to His standards and you're pretty sure you never will. Tell Him you would like to take advantage of His son's death and resurrection; and thank Him for His time.

Buen Camino

(Pleasant Journey)

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Athetotheist »

WebersHome wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:29 am .
FAQ: So; how would an interested party go about obtaining this acquittal about which you speak?

REPLY: It's available upon request.

Find a quiet place, anywhere will do. Cover you face with your hands for a sense of privacy and tell God you have never yet measured up to His standards and you're pretty sure you never will. Tell Him you would like to take advantage of His son's death and resurrection; and thank Him for His time.

Buen Camino

(Pleasant Journey)
While you're doing so, should you also ask if the Book of Mormon is true? And if you don't get an affirmative answer, does that mean you weren't asking sincerely?

Miles
Savant

Post #6

Post by Miles »

WebersHome wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:17 pm .
Of the two-- forgiveness vs. acquittal --I prefer acquittal because forgiveness leaves traces on the books, whereas acquittal leaves no traces.

For example; files are to be opened at the scene depicted by Rev 20:11-15. I've no doubt that quite a few of the "works" in those files are forgiven works; yet there they are to be reckoned with because the offender, though forgiven, wasn't acquitted-- roughly defined as an adjudication of innocence due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict.

Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to life for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" roughly pertains to a verdict of innocence which, in my estimation, is a whole lot better than a pardon.

* Note that Jesus' crucifixion alone wasn't sufficient to gain folks an acquittal, viz: had his crucified dead body not been restored to life, we'd all remain in very grave danger of facing justice at the great white throne event.

_
Are you sure you want to quote Revelation?

Personally, I've never thought the book deserved canonization much less the time of day. Simply look at the first verse of the first chapter.

Revelation 1:1
1 This is a revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must happen soon.

Considering that "soon" means "in or after a short time," don't you think that 2,000+ years pretty much exceeds this definition, and that someone made a grave mistake here, throwing the veracity of whole book into question? If not, then how does one explain god's claim that what was to happen soon, has never yet happened? Perhaps just another one of god's mistakes?

WebersHome
Guru

Post #7

Post by WebersHome »

Gen 2:7 . . The Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

The miraculous process that gave the first man life and existence is not all that different from the process that restored Jesus' crucified dead body to life.

I should think that if someone can believe in the creation of Man, then believing in Jesus' resurrection would be even easier to accept 'cause God had to first construct a body for Adam whereas Jesus' body was completed; all set to go, ready and waiting in the tomb.

Jesus' soul already existed too, plus God had custody of his spirit per Luke 23:46, so it was a simple matter for God to recombine those three elements in order to bring Jesus back from death per Ps 16:8-10 & Acts 2:25-31.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #7
I should think that if someone can believe in the creation of Man, then believing in Jesus' resurrection would be even easier to accept
....unless Odin carved the first man from a piece of driftwood, which would make the gods of Asgard easier to accept.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #9

Post by WebersHome »

At one point in Jonah's nautical adventure, he was in a place called sheol; which he located at the bottoms of the mountains. (Jonah 2:2 & Jonah 2:6)

According to Ps 16:10 & Acts 2:25-31; Jesus spent some time at the bottoms of the mountains too.

Was his arrival a surprise visit? Well; I rather suspect that a huge welcome was all set and waiting for Jesus like a Trump rally that included not only Christ's father David, but also every inspired person who ever lived, e.g. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Deborah, Samuel, Solomon, and all the prophets. And along with the luminaries, many thousands of ordinary folk. What a commotion that must've been!
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #9
I rather suspect that a huge welcome was all set and waiting for Jesus like a Trump rally
Are you sure that's the comparison you want to make?

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-waco-ral ... er-1790873