Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Did Adam make the right choice?

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

Did Adam make the right choice?

Did Adam make the right choice in partaking of the fruit from the tree of knowledge and should we be grateful to him and give due respect and honor our first earthly parents?

2. Did Adam’s choice prohibit anyone from receiving ALL that our Father in heaven has ever promised us pertaining to our eternal destiny?

Kind regards,
RW

The Tanager
Savant

Re: Did Adam make the right choice?

Post #31

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:07 amAdam and Eve were not like the rest of us, for many reasons, some of which I now note:
1. Eve's body was made through the process of cloning.
2. Adam had a direct and apparently visible relationship with his creator.
3. There is no mention of Eve having the breath of YHVH.
Assuming these points for the sake of argument, do you think Adam (and Eve) made the right choice?

William
Savant

Post #32

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:51 am
William wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:07 amAdam and Eve were not like the rest of us, for many reasons, some of which I now note:
1. Eve's body was made through the process of cloning.
2. Adam had a direct and apparently visible relationship with his creator.
3. There is no mention of Eve having the breath of YHVH.
Assuming these points for the sake of argument, do you think Adam (and Eve) made the right choice?
I don't know that it matters what I think re Adams choice. I am not Adam. The best I can do is try to make right choices to the best of my ability to understand why the choices I make should be regarded as 'right' by me.

What exactly was the choice which Adam made, which determines for the rest of us how we choose?

re:
2. Each of us as spirit children of divine parents received spirit bodies and in heaven were on our mission to grow and become prepared to receive at our appointed time physical bodies of flesh and bone.

This is only true of those who know it to be the case.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #33

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:52 amI don't know that it matters what I think re Adams choice. I am not Adam. The best I can do is try to make right choices to the best of my ability to understand why the choices I make should be regarded as 'right' by me.

What exactly was the choice which Adam made, which determines for the rest of us how we choose?
Well, it's the question this thread is designed to explore. The choice being referred to is when Adam and Eve eat of the fruit in disobedience of God. Was that the right choice to make? I thought you would agree with RW on that front (i.e., that Adam [and Eve] made the right choice), because you see GOD exploring all things through GOD's simulation.

William
Savant

Post #34

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:21 pm
William wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:52 amI don't know that it matters what I think re Adams choice. I am not Adam. The best I can do is try to make right choices to the best of my ability to understand why the choices I make should be regarded as 'right' by me.

Well, it's the question this thread is designed to explore.
Does the question derive from the question "What exactly was the choice which Adam made, which determines for the rest of us how we choose?"?
The choice being referred to is when Adam and Eve eat of the fruit in disobedience of God.

The question has to do with Adam, so my focus isn't on Eve, or Eve's choice.
Would I have done things differently had I been in Adams position, where a voice claiming to be my creator, told me not to eat of a tree which had no particular use to me or anyone else, that its existence in Eden seemed contrary to everything else?

What was it about Adam, that Adams creator thought it necessary to add that tree into the mix?
Was that the right choice to make?
Does it matter, since it is in the past now?

Isn't it the better idea to find out what the right choices are here and now?

Are the two, somehow connected?
I thought you would agree with RW on that front (i.e., that Adam [and Eve] made the right choice), because you see GOD exploring all things through GOD's simulation.

What I agree with.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #35

Post by The Tanager »

[Replying to William in post #34]

I was just wondering if you had an answer to the question RW created this thread for, so that we could engage again. No worries. Have a great day, William.

William
Savant

Post #36

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:54 pm [Replying to William in post #34]

I was just wondering if you had an answer to the question RW created this thread for, so that we could engage again. No worries. Have a great day, William.
The short answer for me re the overall argument RW presents in this thread is that I guess it only matters to Children of Adam.
Children of YVHV really don't need to concern themselves with answering the particular question re "Did Adam make the right choice".

Adam [the personality] died and that is the end of Adam, and how all of Adam's Children will go.

Re the points RW has subsequently made, those who do not come to the understanding that they are Spirit Children of YHVH here to assist YHVH with The Plan [either by believing that they are simply products of the human brain, or believing that they are the body-set rather than Children of YHVH] are still somewhat blessed by YHVH.
This because, YHVH wants them to understand themselves as Children of YHVH rather than simply that which turns to dust and fades into oblivion, only hoping in being chosen by YHVH to be resurrected at some point in future time.

[Such would only happen if there were those personalities among the dead, seen to be still useful to YHVH. Otherwise they stay on ice until, if ever, YHVH finds a use for them.]

Overall, the object of The Plan is for YHVH to grow personalities which are useful to the objective of The Plan.

Any who cannot say that they are Spirit Children of YHVH, are simply not, by their own admission. They choose not to see themselves in that manner.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #37

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:19 pm
Adam [the personality] died and that is the end of Adam, and how all of Adam's Children will go.
This is true, however according to the bible there is a hope both for the living and the dead, the hope of living again, either on earth or in heaven.

JW
To learn more please go to other posts related to

LIFE, DEATH and ... THE RESURRECTION
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Revelations won
Sage

Post #38

Post by Revelations won »

To all,

If Adam had refused to partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil which Eve has partaken, what would have been the result?

Would that choice have frustrated God,s plan of salvation and exaltation?

The Bible give no answer whatever regarding how Adam could fulfill the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth as a lone man in the garden of eden.

If anyone has an answer, then let's hear it with the supporting scriptural evidence.

Kind regards,
RW

Miles
Savant

Post #39

Post by Miles »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:00 am To all,

If Adam had refused to partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil which Eve has partaken, what would have been the result?

The Bible give no answer whatever regarding how Adam could fulfill the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth as a lone man in the garden of eden.

If anyone has an answer, then let's hear it with the supporting scriptural evidence.
No scriptural evidence, but a feasible consideration.

When god created A&E he did so by making them creatures that would necessarily eat the apple. There was absolutely no chance either one of them would refuse. It was god's plan that the serpent would convince Eve to take a bite, who would in turn offer it to Adam to do the same. To do otherwise was not an option. Why? Because god was bored, and what better remedy than to establish entertainment wherein conflict reigned----the sine qua non of all good stories. Oh, that and the fact that god wanted to play part in it all and had an ego that needed stroking. Hence his demand that he be worshiped, and exclusively so. In fact, he's quite adamant about this:

Exodus 22:20 (NLV)
“He who gives a gift in worship to any god other than the Lord alone will be destroyed."

Even to the point of being jealous of such an offense.

Exodus 34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god; for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God,

Which I've always found to be psychologically unstable and unworthy of a god demanding worship. But thinking about it, the two do go hand in hand, don't they.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #40

Post by The Tanager »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:00 amTo all,

I’m not sure how there would be supporting scriptural evidence if the Bible doesn’t address this question specifically, which I don’t think it does. But maybe I’m misunderstanding what you are asking. Even with Eve’s fall, alone, salvation would be needed. Adam and Eve could still have children, as well.