Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Did Adam make the right choice?

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

Did Adam make the right choice?

Did Adam make the right choice in partaking of the fruit from the tree of knowledge and should we be grateful to him and give due respect and honor our first earthly parents?

2. Did Adam’s choice prohibit anyone from receiving ALL that our Father in heaven has ever promised us pertaining to our eternal destiny?

Kind regards,
RW

William
Savant

Re: Did Adam make the right choice?

Post #101

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:59 pm [Replying to William in post #97]

William,

I think I’ll just leave the discussion as it is, as I don’t think it’s being helpful. I think there are two many misunderstandings as well as some going in circles and irrelevant tangents. I appreciate the thoughts you’ve shared, but I don’t think this can be easily untangled. Have a wonderful day.
The overall mythology which evolved into current-times Christianity, is built upon the belief that the Garden Story is true - even in a literal sense. Christianity had its part in creating the tangles.

I have pointed out some of those tangent-discrepancies. I am unconvinced that you are sincerely attempting to address those concerns I have mentioned.

No Christian I have meet to date, has been able to do so. I am unsurprised at your bowing out of this discussion.

William: GPT, Please give a summary on the stronger argument being made re the interaction.

GPT: Throughout the interaction, both William and The Tanager made arguments to support their differing perspectives on the Garden of Eden story from the Bible. However, William's arguments appeared to be stronger as he offered more detailed and nuanced interpretations of the text, brought up relevant counterpoints to The Tanager's claims, and provided evidence from other fields such as psychology and biology to support his arguments. The Tanager, on the other hand, tended to rely more on traditional interpretations of the text and at times, dismissed or ignored some of William's points.

Last edited by William on Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Savant

Post #102

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #96]
Don’t enter that discussion and then, later, switch to a different question/context and then fault my posts for being spoken of under the previous question/context. If you want to talk about those things, then do it in a different thread.
William: You are free to focus on just the one story, as you please.

From my perspective, my mention of what has been built upon that one story, is a whole religion which has influenced the direction this world has gone, and still does - and I take the opportunity to let the reader know that in all that time, it has never been established that the Garden God is the same Entity as The Creator of the universe.

The threads are better seen as a whole garment, rather than organized into an array of disconnected threads.
In that, it doesn't matter to me what 'thread' is being discussed, as I write the same critique that the whole garment is what requires examination. "The beginning" is simply the stone that caused the ripple that allowed for the stories to be composed.

I am simply answering the questions you put forth to me, which provides opportunity for the reader to have access to information.
You can stop asking me questions if you want to believe they are not relevant to this thread topic - and who knows! Perhaps the whole thread will sink into obscurity or go off on a more convivial track, appropriate to "Christian" thinking...what Christians consider to being appropriate thinking, which as we both know, is questionable...
Brightfame52 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:46 am Adam and Eve made the choice God purposed for them to make. See Adam must sin because it had already been predetermined that Christ must die and redeem Gods Elect, that was determined before Adam was formed from the dust.1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
You will have to explain why the Garden God allowed this to occur the way that it did. For what purpose is that overall agenda implemented?

by JehovahsWitness » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:54 am wrote:The world (Greek KOSMOS) refered to at 1 Pet 1:18-20 does not refer to the planet (earth) but to the world of humanity. The word FOUNDING can refer to "the injection or depositing of the virile semen in the womb " so the founding of the world of humans started with the conception of the first human child (compare Heb 4:3)

CONCLUSION : The Ransom was pre-determined to be offered for humanity not from before the creation of the planet but from the conceptions of the first human baby.
As a mythology, there is little reason to think that a God-entity involved in the goings on of the planet, would consider the penalty of one man's sin to be distributed to all Humans, and then consider one mans death to wipe away all that sin distributed.

The better explanation is that the mythology was invented by a tribe of humans who were distressed by the nature of Nature, in particular how they were required to defend their existence against others tribes which were out to get them.

That is the nature of Nature.

And so the Garden Story was invented and built upon over the centuries, under the impression that because humans acted out the way they did, the acts were regarded as either "good' or "evil" depending on who was doing the acting out and who was on the receiving end.

The Garden Story is most likely something refined into mythology before the advent of written language, and can be viewed as no one authors production, but rather the production of many - over a large span of tribal time... first presented around the tribal fire as stories and therein, the impression was borne that life on this planet was the way it was, "because" of some kind of sin humans had committed, and were being punished for.

Them, and their offspring.

But don't worry, because "GOD" has a plan....

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #103

Post by Brightfame52 »

william
You will have to explain why the Garden God allowed this to occur the way that it did. For what purpose is that overall agenda implemented?
A Redemptive purpose in Christ Jesus. The world was Created for Him and by Him, so was Adam Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

William
Savant

Post #104

Post by William »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:26 pm william
A Redemptive purpose in Christ Jesus. The world was Created for Him and by Him, so was Adam Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
That does not answer my question.

For what reason are the things which were created by him? What is his agenda regarding the creation of all these things claimed to have been created by him and for him?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #105

Post by Brightfame52 »

William
Savant

Post #106

Post by William »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:03 pm [Replying to William in post #104]

I did answer it.
Your "answer" appears to be from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers.

If you haven't examined these mythologies or the vain traditions/beliefs those mythologies form into and have no interest in doing so, then there is nothing to find here which can be said to be better than silver and gold.

The overall mythology which evolved into current-times Christianity, is built upon the belief that the Garden Story is true - even in a literal sense. Christianity had its part in creating the tangles.

I have pointed out some of those tangent-discrepancies. I am unconvinced that you are sincerely attempting to address those concerns I have mentioned.

No Christian I have meet to date, has been able to do so.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #107

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to William in post #106]

I dont care what it appears to you, then dont ask me to explain anything. If you someones explanation then have the decorum to read it, you either agree or you dont, but you not the standard of what Truth is.

William
Savant

Post #108

Post by William »

[Replying to Brightfame52 in post #107]
I did answer it.
Your "answer" appears to be from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers.
I dont care what it appears to you, then dont ask me to explain anything.
This is a debate forum. If you are unwilling to explain anything, then go play church somewhere else, because reciting the vain conversations received by tradition from your fathers and being unable or unwilling or uncaring to explain or question the validity of those vain traditions, isn't helpful to the process of uncovering the truth. Questioning claims of the truth is a far more reasonable and honorable occupation than blind adoration.
If you someones explanation then have the decorum to read it, you either agree or you dont, but you not the standard of what Truth is.
At the very least, the standard for defining what truth is, is truthfulness itself.
Granted, it is not an easy ask, or task to discover The Truth, but it isn't done simply by accepting the vain conversations received by tradition from your fathers, be these through writings or preaching about writings.

The mythology surrounding a guilt-garden-god concept is explainable as a vain and ignorant attempt of the author[s] to make sense of their existence, as my past posts in this thread verify and remain uncontested.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #109

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to William in post #108]

I already explained, what you want me to keep explaining until i die. I dont have to keep explaining to you and you not comprehending. Thats not debating, thats stupidity ! Now God made this world for a redemptive purpose centered in Christ before Adam was created. Christ was decreed to die for sin before Adam was created, so when he was created, he had to sin in accordance with the purpose of creation, for Gods Glory in Salvation. Now you either accept that explanation or you dont, and Im not explaining nothing else to you about it. I will show you scripture as to why Im saying what Im saying, do you want scripture ? If not this discussion is finished !

William
Savant

Post #110

Post by William »

[Replying to Brightfame52 in post #109]
I already explained, what you want me to keep explaining until i die.
Nope. As was pointed out, your "explanation" was found wanting as it did not show that there was truth to it. I am certainly not interested in hearing you repeat unsupported claims as to what The Truth is, until the day you die, even if that were overmorrow.
I dont have to keep explaining to you and you not comprehending. Thats not debating, thats stupidity !
:!:
How God made this world for a redemptive purpose centered in Christ before Adam was created.

You were asked to explain why this is the agenda of said God, not simply repeat the exclamation.