Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

Most religions claim that souls exist. Some religions claim that souls are immortal and are reincarnated after the death of the body while other religions claim that souls are immortal and are resurrected after the death of the body. Can anyone please prove that souls exist and are either resurrected or reincarnated? Thank you.

wannabe
Apprentice

Re: Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Post #2

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #1]

I believe that when you die , God takes control of your soul and deals with it at his discretion.
Also if a person doesn't believe they have a soul , then they can definitely look forward to a 'dead', end.
I rather look forward towards a living (and loving) new beginning.

However without a soul , I feel that a person is nothing more than an organic robot.
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.

Compassionist
Guru

Re: Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Post #3

Post by Compassionist »

wannabe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:56 am [Replying to Compassionist in post #1]

I believe that when you die , God takes control of your soul and deals with it at his discretion.
Also if a person doesn't believe they have a soul , then they can definitely look forward to a 'dead', end.

However without a soul , I feel that a person is nothing more than an organic robot.
Thank you for sharing your beliefs. Can you please prove that souls exist and are resurrected?

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #3]

The spirit will be revealed once the body is removed.
Proof comes once God and Jesus reveal themselves to a person.
However in a previous topic, " Are we alive within ourselves?
by wannabe » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:41 pm » in Philosophy " , No one bothered to rebut the point of an existing spirit (soul).
The lack of input speaks for itself (especially on this site).
We are a spirit in control of our bodies.
:
:

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to DrNoGods in post #5]

You should redirect your moderator comment towards the creator of the OP.
:
:

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to wannabe in post #5]
You should redirect your moderator comment towards the creator of the OP.
Deleted post ... my mistake.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Compassionist
Guru

Post #7

Post by Compassionist »

wannabe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:23 pm [Replying to Compassionist in post #3]

by wannabe » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:41 pm » in Philosophy " , No one bothered to rebut the point of an existing spirit (soul).
If you can't prove it, how do you know that we are spirits? I have never seen any spirits in any x-rays and MRI scans and PET scans and CT scans.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #8

Post by Clownboat »

wannabe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:56 am I believe that when you die , God takes control of your soul and deals with it at his discretion.
I'm curious, but how much money per year do you think it costs you to hold this belief? Rougly 10% of your income?
The phrase 'pot committed' comes to mind. Unless of course you have an actual reason to believe in a soul and not just some hope for one so a god of sorts can take control of it after you die. IMO, that would be very weak reasoning.
And you believe this without even knowing if a soul is a thing that humans have. :shock:
I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona for real cheap! Interested?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #9

Post by Clownboat »

Compassionist wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:31 am
wannabe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:23 pm [Replying to Compassionist in post #3]

If you can't prove it, how do you know that we are spirits? I have never seen any spirits in any x-rays and MRI scans and PET scans and CT scans.
They have motivated themselves into such a belief it seems:
- They want a god to take control of this soul after death and they don't look forward to being dead, but do look forward to a new begining after death. They also feel that without a soul, a person is just an organic robot.

The reasoning is emotional and devoid of any evidence and only affects those that subscribe to such a belief.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

wannabe
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by wannabe »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:18 pm
wannabe wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:56 am I believe that when you die , God takes control of your soul and deals with it at his discretion.
I'm curious, but how much money per year do you think it costs you to hold this belief? Rougly 10% of your income?
The phrase 'pot committed' comes to mind. Unless of course you have an actual reason to believe in a soul and not just some hope for one so a god of sorts can take control of it after you die. IMO, that would be very weak reasoning.
And you believe this without even knowing if a soul is a thing that humans have. :shock:
I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona for real cheap! Interested?

So what would be the proof that there isn't a soul ?
It's an equal balance. Until God tips the scales.

He has for me.

I don't belong to a physical church, I never have.
My persual of thuth led me to Jesus and God.
I'll never look back.

Please refer to my previous argument for a soul. Are we alive within ourselves?
by wannabe » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:41 pm » in Philosophy.
And if you could, please provide an argument for the non-existence of a soul ?
That would be nice.
:
: