7 teachings from Jesus

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

7 teachings from Jesus

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

1) Matthew 6:33- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
2) Matthew 5:5- Blessed are the meek for they ( great crowd) will inherit the EARTH.( Psalm 37:29)
3)The Lords prayer-- Hallowed be thy( Father) name( YHWH(Jehovah)--last line in some translations=The kingdom, power and glory belong to the Father.
4) John 17:1-6,26-- verse 3) Jesus calls the Father( one who sent him) THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah)
5) John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Jesus teaches the Father is his God, like he is our God. -- His real teachers affirm that fact--Coll 1:3, Eph 1:3,17--1Peter 1:3
6)John 15:20-21-- A warning from Jesus, that those thinking they stand for Jesus name will do things against the true followers-Why? Because they do not know the one who sent him= Father( YHWH(Jehovah)
7)John 4:22-24--Jesus begins by warning all other Gods are false, then teaches his true followers will worship his Father in spirit and truth.
Paul does the same-1Cor 8:6--Warns of all the other gods being false then only names the Father as God.

Will you believe Jesus over errors?

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: 7 teachings from Jesus

Post #31

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:15 pm Peace to you,

[Replying to kjw47 in post #29]

I'm off to work, but just quickly...

Christ did not teach that only some (little flock or otherwise) could eat his flesh and drink his blood. He said that ANYONE may eat, and that UNLESS one eats, one has no life in them. (John 6).

The WTS teaches something different than that.

Okay, gotta run... talk later...

Peace again to you!

1Cor 11:27--Some are unworthy to partake. Only those hand picked by Jesus were present at the Lords supper-It was a special covenant to the little flock only= the anointed=the bride of Christ= 144,000. A covenant for them to sit by him on thrones in heaven.

tam
Savant

Post #32

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:57 pm

Christ did not teach that only some (little flock or otherwise) could eat his flesh and drink his blood. He said that ANYONE may eat, and that UNLESS one eats, one has no life in them. (John 6).

Peace again to you!

1Cor 11:27--Some are unworthy to partake.

Pauls' words here have NOTHING to do with the wts teaching. Everyone partook - there was only one hope. Read the entire thing in context.

In the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good. 18 In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. 19 No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval. 20 So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21 for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22 Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!

So here Paul is rebuking them because some go hungry and others get drunk; they were not observing the Lord's supper or discerning His Body.

So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

Which would include caring for others who are part of the Body of Christ, rather than humiliating them. But it has nothing to do with whether or not a person has a 'heavenly or earthly' hope.

And here are his instructions in the letter:

So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should ALLeat together. 34 Anyone who is hungry should eat something at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment.

Do you see His words?

You should ALL eat together.

How could he have been saying that some of them should not eat because they have a different hope when here he says to the very same people that they should ALL eat together?

The WTS misuses chapter 11 here to make people AFRAID to eat and drink the flesh and blood of Christ. But if it was so dangerous for someone to eat or to drink, then Christ would have warned us about it, instead of inviting anyone to eat and to drink, saying that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them.

Only those hand picked by Jesus were present at the Lords supper- It was a special covenant to the little flock only= the anointed=the bride of Christ= 144,000. A covenant for them to sit by him on thrones in heaven.

This is a religious interpretation that has to be wrong, because it leads people to disobey a command of Christ, and contradicts what He teaches on the matter of eating and drinking.

I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Christ even commanded that the apostles made disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey everything that He (Christ) had commanded them (the apostles). One thing that Christ commanded them to do was to eat and to drink and to keep doing that in remembrance of Him. There is no room for someone to come in and change that command or invitation.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

William
Savant

Post #33

Post by William »

[Replying to Miles in post #6]
Matthew 4:17
17 "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, 'Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'"?
This can be interpreted to mean that a new thing was underway, because it was a new thing underway.
And focusing on the Matthew 16:28 statement of "standing here" we have several Bibles that really pin this down. For instance, the Philips New testament has Matthew 16:28 translated as:

“For the Son of Man will come in the glory of his Father and in the company of his angels and then he will repay every man for what he has done. Believe me, there are some standing here today who will know nothing of death till they have seen the Son of Man coming as a king.”
This can be interpreted as Jesus referring to those who have not died since those times.
Interestingly, if such do exist, logical reason for why the rest of humanity are not aware of these existing, would need to be supplied - based on that premise.

Yet, from any such folk who did not die from that day forward, of what assistance are they/could they have provided re the spreading of the Gospel and the hope in the belief of Jesus' eventual return?

Whether the above is believable or not - as an explanation - it has to belong on the table. Jesus may have been very literal in his telling of it.

So - whilst it may be tempting to believe that the script shows us that Jesus failed due to the prophesy failing, this hasn't been established with a certainty which would legitimize such belief.

So, for that reason - "I am out" - re supporting the belief in the argument Jesus failed.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #34

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:54 pm Peace to you,

Peace again to you!

Pauls' words here have NOTHING to do with the wts teaching. Everyone partook - there was only one hope. Read the entire thing in context.

In the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good. 18 In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. 19 No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval. 20 So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21 for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22 Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!

So here Paul is rebuking them because some go hungry and others get drunk; they were not observing the Lord's supper or discerning His Body.

So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

Which would include caring for others who are part of the Body of Christ, rather than humiliating them. But it has nothing to do with whether or not a person has a 'heavenly or earthly' hope.

So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should ALLeat together. 34 Anyone who is hungry should eat something at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment.

Do you see His words?

How could he have been saying that some of them should not eat because they have a different hope when here he says to the very same people that they should ALL eat together?

The WTS misuses chapter 11 here to make people AFRAID to eat and drink the flesh and blood of Christ. But if it was so dangerous for someone to eat or to drink, then Christ would have warned us about it, instead of inviting anyone to eat and to drink, saying that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them.

Only those hand picked by Jesus were present at the Lords supper- It was a special covenant to the little flock only= the anointed=the bride of Christ= 144,000. A covenant for them to sit by him on thrones in heaven.

This is a religious interpretation that has to be wrong, because it leads people to disobey a command of Christ, and contradicts what He teaches on the matter of eating and drinking.

I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Christ even commanded that the apostles made disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey everything that He (Christ) had commanded them (the apostles). One thing that Christ commanded them to do was to eat and to drink and to keep doing that in remembrance of Him. There is no room for someone to come in and change that command or invitation.

Peace again to you,
tammy

Many things in the NT is only to the little flock. Since we know there is only 1 flock, yet divided into 2 separate groups-The little flock( Luke 12:32) and the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold) Only these will get saved. 2 different promises-The little flock= heaven-The great crowd=Earth( Matt 5:5)-- Only members of the little flock were present at the last supper to partake. It is respectful for the great crowd to go and observe that partaking out of Love and respect.

tam
Savant

Post #35

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:53 pm

Peace again to you!

Do you see His words?

Peace again to you,
tammy

Many things in the NT is only to the little flock. Since we know there is only 1 flock, yet divided into 2 separate groups-The little flock( Luke 12:32) and the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold) Only these will get saved. 2 different promises-The little flock= heaven-The great crowd=Earth( Matt 5:5)-- Only members of the little flock were present at the last supper to partake. It is respectful for the great crowd to go and observe that partaking out of Love and respect.
Also, and with respect, you are just repeating things that your religion teaches, but you are not addressing the contradiction that was pointed out between what your religion teaches (in error) and what Christ teaches (in truth). You also did not address the erroneous teaching of the WTS regarding Paul's counsel in 1Corinth 11.

Peace again to you.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #36

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:31 pm Peace to you,

Peace again to you!

Do you see His words?

Peace again to you,
tammy

Also, and with respect, you are just repeating things that your religion teaches, but you are not addressing the contradiction that was pointed out between what your religion teaches (in error) and what Christ teaches (in truth). You also did not address the erroneous teaching of the WTS regarding Paul's counsel in 1Corinth 11.

Peace again to you.

The JW leaders have proved 100% they have the truth and Jesus is with them.
The blind guides tell all they will go to heaven and throw Jesus truth away-Matt 5:5

onewithhim
Savant

Post #37

Post by onewithhim »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:40 pm

Peace again to you!

Do you see His words?

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you.

The blind guides tell all they will go to heaven and throw Jesus truth away-Matt 5:5
Tam says that Christians should "all eat together" at the Memorial of Christ's death. That admonition was given to all of the spirit-begotten ones who will rule with Christ in heaven. In recent years the existence of the "great multitude" has come to light. Apparently the full count of the "little flock" was getting near to being arrived at. I am part of the "great crowd" that will survive through the Great Tribulation and wouldn't think for a second about encroaching upon the privilege that Christ's co-rulers have. He made a covenant with them, not the great crowd.

Now, also, why do you say that our meetings are "divided?" We all believe what I have mentioned here. There is no division, just like there is no division between the "little flock" and the "other sheep." They're all under "one Shepherd" as, truly, "one flock." (John 10:16)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #38

Post by kjw47 »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:16 pm

Peace again to you!

Do you see His words?

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you.

Tam says that Christians should "all eat together" at the Memorial of Christ's death. That admonition was given to all of the spirit-begotten ones who will rule with Christ in heaven. In recent years the existence of the "great multitude" has come to light. Apparently the full count of the "little flock" was getting near to being arrived at. I am part of the "great crowd" that will survive through the Great Tribulation and wouldn't think for a second about encroaching upon the privilege that Christ's co-rulers have. He made a covenant with them, not the great crowd.

Now, also, why do you say that our meetings are "divided?" We all believe what I have mentioned here. There is no division, just like there is no division between the "little flock" and the "other sheep." They're all under "one Shepherd" as, truly, "one flock." (John 10:16)

I didnt say they were divided, i said they have separate future promises. I said they were separated into two groups yet one flock. The little flock and the great crowd of other sheep.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #39

Post by onewithhim »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:48 pm

Peace again to you!

Do you see His words?

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you.

I didnt say they were divided, i said they have separate future promises. I said they were separated into two groups yet one flock. The little flock and the great crowd of other sheep.
Sorry, I was referring to what tam had said. She described JWs as divided. I agree with you.

tam
Savant

Post #40

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:54 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:48 pm

Peace again to you!

Do you see His words?

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you.

Sorry, I was referring to what tam had said. She described JWs as divided. I agree with you.
Just quickly, until I have more time, but...

I have read through the entire post quoted above and I did not find the word "divided" in anything I wrote. It is kjw47 who spoke of the flock being divided into two separate groups. Unless you can point out where I said those words, then perhaps you simply recognized it for what it is (at least when you thought I was the one who said it): an actual division.

Peace again to you both.