7 teachings from Jesus

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

7 teachings from Jesus

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

1) Matthew 6:33- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
2) Matthew 5:5- Blessed are the meek for they ( great crowd) will inherit the EARTH.( Psalm 37:29)
3)The Lords prayer-- Hallowed be thy( Father) name( YHWH(Jehovah)--last line in some translations=The kingdom, power and glory belong to the Father.
4) John 17:1-6,26-- verse 3) Jesus calls the Father( one who sent him) THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah)
5) John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Jesus teaches the Father is his God, like he is our God. -- His real teachers affirm that fact--Coll 1:3, Eph 1:3,17--1Peter 1:3
6)John 15:20-21-- A warning from Jesus, that those thinking they stand for Jesus name will do things against the true followers-Why? Because they do not know the one who sent him= Father( YHWH(Jehovah)
7)John 4:22-24--Jesus begins by warning all other Gods are false, then teaches his true followers will worship his Father in spirit and truth.
Paul does the same-1Cor 8:6--Warns of all the other gods being false then only names the Father as God.

Will you believe Jesus over errors?

Miles
Savant

Re: 7 teachings from Jesus

Post #11

Post by Miles »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:05 am Dear Miles,

I gotta admit that you are on target on this one.

It would be nice if the JW's would just clearly respond to each of those failed scenarios instead of skirting the issue.

But maybe there is still hope, maybe they are working on it?

Also for the record, I will believe Jesus over the claims by some that his prophesies have failed. I would, however be open to any real evidence that they can provide.

Best regards,
RW
Having dealt with JWs many times before I don't actually expect a cogent answer. I put these things out there mainly for people such as yourself to show that JWs have a lot to answer for, even if they never do.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #12

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:43 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:44 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:10 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:42 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:21 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:54 pm 1) Matthew 6:33- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
2) Matthew 5:5- Blessed are the meek for they ( great crowd) will inherit the EARTH.( Psalm 37:29)
3)The Lords prayer-- Hallowed be thy( Father) name( YHWH(Jehovah)--last line in some translations=The kingdom, power and glory belong to the Father.
4) John 17:1-6,26-- verse 3) Jesus calls the Father( one who sent him) THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah)
5) John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Jesus teaches the Father is his God, like he is our God. -- His real teachers affirm that fact--Coll 1:3, Eph 1:3,17--1Peter 1:3
6)John 15:20-21-- A warning from Jesus, that those thinking they stand for Jesus name will do things against the true followers-Why? Because they do not know the one who sent him= Father( YHWH(Jehovah)
7)John 4:22-24--Jesus begins by warning all other Gods are false, then teaches his true followers will worship his Father in spirit and truth.
Paul does the same-1Cor 8:6--Warns of all the other gods being false then only names the Father as God.

Which errors did you have in mind? Errors like his prediction that the end of the world was right around the corner? "Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand," and "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Jesus didn't mean the actual ones standing there
. He meant some true worshippers who lived during these last days. Some of you-referenced-true worshippers.
Sure he did.

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. [What do you think "at hand" means?

at hand
phrase of hand
close in time; about to happen.
source: Oxford Languages ]

Matthew 10:23

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. [Did they go over to all the cities of Israel before the Son of Man came again? YUP! They had all the time in the world]

Matthew 16:28

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. [What do you think "some standing here" means? AND, did any of them die before the Son of man came with his kingdom? YOU BETCHA! ALL OF THEM DID.]

Mark 1:15

15 "And saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.'" [And, was god's kingdom actually "close in time; about to happen?" HARDLY!]

You are just misunderstanding the reality of what is said.
This is a pretty lame rebuttal. How about some actual evidence or explanation of my misunderstanding. What, for instance, is a better understanding of:

17 "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, 'Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'"?

And why?

And focusing on the Matthew 16:28 statement of "standing here" we have several Bibles that really pin this down. For instance, the Philips New testament has Matthew 16:28 translated as:

“For the Son of Man will come in the glory of his Father and in the company of his angels and then he will repay every man for what he has done. Believe me, there are some standing here today who will know nothing of death till they have seen the Son of Man coming as a king.”

According to the prophecy in Daniel--From the removal of the last king in Jerusalem=607 bce- 2520 years when Gods kingdom is established in heaven( Rev 6:1-He receives his crown) thus 607 + 2520= 1914--Rev 6:4 and peace will be taken from the earth= ww1
Why are you caring what Daniel says when you have the real skizzy right from Jesus Christ himself? What I think is going on here with your interpretation of Daniel is simply a matter of looking through assorted facts to fit your conclusion rather than letting the facts speak for themselves. I mean, you have to admit the Jehovah Witness Eschatological track record is pretty dreadful. The great tribulation having been predicted to occur in

1914, and when that didn't happen it was predicted to occur in
1915, and when that didn't happen it was predicted to occur in
1918, and when that didn't happen it was predicted to occur in
1920, and when that didn't happen it was predicted to occur in
1925, and when that didn't happen it was predicted to occur within the generation of
1975, and when that didn't happen it was again predicted to occur within the generation of
Brought to their knees by numerous failed predictions the Watch Tower Society has been reduced to saying great tribulation is now simply "imminent." ;)

Gotta say, it may do the Society well to buy a new Daniel-End-Time calculator.

Yes the erred, it cleaned out all the fakes. Yet in 1879 according to that prophecy in Daniel C.T. Russell said - peace will be taken from the earth in 1914--he was correct. The only man on earth God showed that prophecy to.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #13

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:46 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:56 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:43 pm I mean, you have to admit the Jehovah Witness Eschatological track record is pretty dreadful. The great tribulation having been predicted to occur in

1925, and when that didn't happen it was predicted to occur within the generation of
1975, and when that didn't happen it was again predicted to occur within the generation of
Brought to their knees by numerous failed predictions the Watch Tower Society has been reduced to saying the great tribulation is now simply "imminent." ;)

Gotta say, it may do the Society well to buy a new Daniel End-Time calculator.

Yes imperfect men made errors, but they corrected the errors as well.
And corrected, and corrected, and corrected, and corrected, and corrected, and corrected, and . . . . . . . . .
They only had error filled trinity translations to use until the 1950,s.
Are you saying the trinity is mentioned in some Bibles? If not, why call them "trinity translations"? If they do, where? Bible version, book, chapter, and verse please.

Yes they corrected their own errors and all the errors made through the centuries that all the other religions refuse to correct. Proving 100% truth is exactly what they want.

Miles
Savant

Post #14

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:06 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:54 pm 1) Matthew 6:33- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

Which errors did you have in mind? Errors like his prediction that the end of the world was right around the corner? "Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand," and "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

. He meant some true worshippers who lived during these last days. Some of you-referenced-true worshippers.
Sure he did.

17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. [What do you think "at hand" means?

at hand
phrase of hand

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. [Did they go over to all the cities of Israel before the Son of Man came again? YUP! They had all the time in the world]

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. [What do you think "some standing here" means? AND, did any of them die before the Son of man came with his kingdom? YOU BETCHA! ALL OF THEM DID.]

15 "And saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.'" [And, was god's kingdom actually "close in time; about to happen?" HARDLY!]

This is a pretty lame rebuttal. How about some actual evidence or explanation of my misunderstanding. What, for instance, is a better understanding of:

17 "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, 'Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'"?

And why?

And focusing on the Matthew 16:28 statement of "standing here" we have several Bibles that really pin this down. For instance, the Philips New testament has Matthew 16:28 translated as:

“For the Son of Man will come in the glory of his Father and in the company of his angels and then he will repay every man for what he has done. Believe me, there are some standing here today who will know nothing of death till they have seen the Son of Man coming as a king.”

According to the prophecy in Daniel--From the removal of the last king in Jerusalem=607 bce- 2520 years when Gods kingdom is established in heaven( Rev 6:1-He receives his crown) thus 607 + 2520= 1914--Rev 6:4 and peace will be taken from the earth= ww1
Why are you caring what Daniel says when you have the real skizzy right from Jesus Christ himself? What I think is going on here with your interpretation of Daniel is simply a matter of looking through assorted facts to fit your conclusion rather than letting the facts speak for themselves. I mean, you have to admit the Jehovah Witness Eschatological track record is pretty dreadful. The great tribulation having been predicted to occur in

Brought to their knees by numerous failed predictions the Watch Tower Society has been reduced to saying great tribulation is now simply "imminent." ;)

Yes the erred, it cleaned out all the fakes. Yet in 1879 according to that prophecy in Daniel C.T. Russell said - peace will be taken from the earth in 1914--he was correct. The only man on earth God showed that prophecy to.
How do you know Daniel Russell was "the only man on earth God showed that prophecy to"? I heard that god had to show the prophecy to others because Russell had gotten so much wrong, even going so far as to dispute quite a few traditional Christian views; something that really upset god. In fact, I was told that god wanted Russell shunned and his and his teachings burned; even to the extent that he (God) would disown anyone who followed his teachings. Did that ever happen, the rejection of Russell and his teachings?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #15

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:51 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:06 pm

Sure he did.

at hand
phrase of hand

And why?

How do you know Daniel Russell was "the only man on earth God showed that prophecy to"? I heard that god had to show the prophecy to others because Russell had gotten so much wrong, even going so far as to dispute quite a few traditional Christian views; something that really upset god. In fact, I was told that god wanted Russell shunned and his and his teachings burned; even to the extent that he (God) would disown anyone who followed his teachings. Did that ever happen, the rejection of Russell and his teachings?

Charles taze Russell was his name. They corrected the errors he made. Tell us how easy it is to undo 1750 years of error teachings and bible alterations by an imperfect man? Do you think you would make errors out of error filled translations?

Miles
Savant

Post #16

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:18 pm

Charles taze Russell was his name. They corrected the errors he made. Tell us how easy it is to undo 1750 years of error teachings and bible alterations by an imperfect man? Do you think you would make errors out of error filled translations?
And how do you know they've got it right now? I certainly hope isn't because they simply say they have. That in correcting what they consider errors they haven't add to them. After all, it's doubtful they're perfect, isn't it, and being imperfect that's exactly what could have happened; they added errors into the mix. A possibility? Sure it is. A probability? Likely. But where? ;)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #17

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:37 pm

And how do you know they've got it right now? I certainly hope isn't because they simply say they have. That in correcting what they consider errors they haven't add to them. After all, it's doubtful they're perfect, isn't it, and being imperfect that's exactly what could have happened; they added errors into the mix. A possibility? Sure it is. A probability? Likely. But where? ;)

Matt 24:45--At the proper time, God revealed truth through them, not before. By correcting the errors in front of all creation-proves 100% truth is what they seek. A domestic has 0 choice in the matter( Luke 10:16) listening to the ones Jesus appointed is like listening to God and Jesus. rejecting them works the same. God knew what he was doing--errors rooted out the fakes. Hiding certain truths through the centuries kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness. Dan 12:4) assures that here in these last days truth becomes abundant--at the proper time.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #18

Post by onewithhim »

That has been explained, but you choose to dismiss the explanation. Those "standing there" with Jesus at the event of the Transfiguration were the ones who saw Jesus as he would be when coming in his glory. They got a preview, you could say, about the time when Jesus would come back in
Kingdom power.

Miles
Savant

Post #19

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:11 pm
Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:37 pm

Matt 24:45--At the proper time, God revealed truth through them, not before.
Which says:

Matthew 24:45
45 “Who is the wise and trusted servant? The master trusts one servant to give the other servants their food at the right time. Who is the one the master trusts to do that work?

Pretty egotistical of the JW Deciders to conclude each qualifies as a "wise and trusted servant." But I recognize this as one of the personality flaws of religious pooh bahs; to conceitedly overestimate their worth and ability.

By correcting the errors in front of all creation-proves 100% truth is what they seek. A domestic has 0 choice in the matter( Luke 10:16) listening to the ones Jesus appointed is like listening to God and Jesus. rejecting them works the same.
What's a "domestic"? And other than being driven by self importance and a sense of infallibility, how do they know they actually corrected the errors? I'll tell you why. Because their corrections are made to fall in line with their theology. Simple as that. If a verse doesn't fit prune it and shape it so that it does.

God knew what he was doing--errors rooted out the fakes.
When he was doing what? First filling his scriptures with errors? Gotta say he doesn't sound like a competent or very bright god at all.

Hiding certain truths through the centuries kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness.
So Satan and his angels have to read the Bible to see what's what? C'mon. Even I can't buy this one.

Dan 12:4) assures that here in these last days truth becomes abundant--at the proper time.
Big deal. . . .

"1 . . . every one of your people whose name is found written in the book of life will be saved. 2 There are many who are dead and buried. Some of them will wake up and live forever, but others will wake up to shame and disgrace forever. 3 The wise people will shine as bright as the sky. Those who teach others to live right will shine like stars forever and ever."

It will already have been a done deal.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #20

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:45 pm
Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:05 am Dear Miles,

I gotta admit that you are on target on this one.

It would be nice if the JW's would just clearly respond to each of those failed scenarios instead of skirting the issue.

But maybe there is still hope, maybe they are working on it?

Also for the record, I will believe Jesus over the claims by some that his prophesies have failed. I would, however be open to any real evidence that they can provide.

Best regards,
RW
Having dealt with JWs many times before I don't actually expect a cogent answer. I put these things out there mainly for people such as yourself to show that JWs have a lot to answer for, even if they never do.

We have answered you. You just disagree. Then you say we don't answer. Can't we be honest about these things?