7 teachings from Jesus

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

7 teachings from Jesus

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

1) Matthew 6:33- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
2) Matthew 5:5- Blessed are the meek for they ( great crowd) will inherit the EARTH.( Psalm 37:29)
3)The Lords prayer-- Hallowed be thy( Father) name( YHWH(Jehovah)--last line in some translations=The kingdom, power and glory belong to the Father.
4) John 17:1-6,26-- verse 3) Jesus calls the Father( one who sent him) THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah)
5) John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Jesus teaches the Father is his God, like he is our God. -- His real teachers affirm that fact--Coll 1:3, Eph 1:3,17--1Peter 1:3
6)John 15:20-21-- A warning from Jesus, that those thinking they stand for Jesus name will do things against the true followers-Why? Because they do not know the one who sent him= Father( YHWH(Jehovah)
7)John 4:22-24--Jesus begins by warning all other Gods are false, then teaches his true followers will worship his Father in spirit and truth.
Paul does the same-1Cor 8:6--Warns of all the other gods being false then only names the Father as God.

Will you believe Jesus over errors?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: 7 teachings from Jesus

Post #21

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:37 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:18 pm
Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:51 pm
How do you know Daniel Russell was "the only man on earth God showed that prophecy to"? I heard that god had to show the prophecy to others because Russell had gotten so much wrong, even going so far as to dispute quite a few traditional Christian views; something that really upset god. In fact, I was told that god wanted Russell shunned and his and his teachings burned; even to the extent that he (God) would disown anyone who followed his teachings. Did that ever happen, the rejection of Russell and his teachings?

Charles taze Russell was his name. They corrected the errors he made. Tell us how easy it is to undo 1750 years of error teachings and bible alterations by an imperfect man? Do you think you would make errors out of error filled translations?
And how do you know they've got it right now? I certainly hope isn't because they simply say they have. That in correcting what they consider errors they haven't add to them. After all, it's doubtful they're perfect, isn't it, and being imperfect that's exactly what could have happened; they added errors into the mix. A possibility? Sure it is. A probability? Likely. But where? ;)

Charles Taze Russell figured out just which doctrines in the Bible were clear and true. He threw out the Trinity because there is no scriptural evidence for it. He threw out the teaching of the immortal soul because there is no scriptural evidence for it. He focused in on the Redemption of Jesus as a basic doctrine, and lamented that other religions of his time did not consider it important. We don'lt believe JWs only because they say they are right. Most of us have studied hard and figured out these truths for ourselves. Ssay, what errors do you find in our doctrines? Be specific please.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #22

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:23 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:11 pm
How do you know Daniel Russell was "the only man on earth God showed that prophecy to"? I heard that god had to show the prophecy to others because Russell had gotten so much wrong, even going so far as to dispute quite a few traditional Christian views; something that really upset god. In fact, I was told that god wanted Russell shunned and his and his teachings burned; even to the extent that he (God) would disown anyone who followed his teachings. Did that ever happen, the rejection of Russell and his teachings?

Charles taze Russell was his name. They corrected the errors he made. Tell us how easy it is to undo 1750 years of error teachings and bible alterations by an imperfect man? Do you think you would make errors out of error filled translations?
And how do you know they've got it right now? I certainly hope isn't because they simply say they have. That in correcting what they consider errors they haven't add to them. After all, it's doubtful they're perfect, isn't it, and being imperfect that's exactly what could have happened; they added errors into the mix. A possibility? Sure it is. A probability? Likely. But where? ;)

Matt 24:45--At the proper time, God revealed truth through them, not before.
Which says:

Matthew 24:45
45 “Who is the wise and trusted servant? The master trusts one servant to give the other servants their food at the right time. Who is the one the master trusts to do that work?

Pretty egotistical of the JW Deciders to conclude each qualifies as a "wise and trusted servant." But I recognize this as one of the personality flaws of religious pooh bahs; to conceitedly overestimate their worth and ability.

By correcting the errors in front of all creation-proves 100% truth is what they seek. A domestic has 0 choice in the matter( Luke 10:16) listening to the ones Jesus appointed is like listening to God and Jesus. rejecting them works the same.
What's a "domestic"? And other than being driven by self importance and a sense of infallibility, how do they know they actually corrected the errors? I'll tell you why. Because their corrections are made to fall in line with their theology. Simple as that. If a verse doesn't fit prune it and shape it so that it does.

God knew what he was doing--errors rooted out the fakes.
When he was doing what? First filling his scriptures with errors? Gotta say he doesn't sound like a competent or very bright god at all.

Hiding certain truths through the centuries kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness.
So Satan and his angels have to read the Bible to see what's what? C'mon. Even I can't buy this one.

Dan 12:4) assures that here in these last days truth becomes abundant--at the proper time.
Big deal. . . .

"1 . . . every one of your people whose name is found written in the book of life will be saved. 2 There are many who are dead and buried. Some of them will wake up and live forever, but others will wake up to shame and disgrace forever. 3 The wise people will shine as bright as the sky. Those who teach others to live right will shine like stars forever and ever."

It will already have been a done deal.

God hid truths from the world-Daniel 12:4) for one thing it kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness-yes mortals to. You aren't realizing all the hidden truths were still in the bible and taught on for centuries in error, thus the only way truth could become abundant here in these last days was to reveal truths at the proper time( Matt 24:45) thus corrections had to be made. All of creation saw the corrections made, yet those that refuse to correct because no truth was revealed through them, condemned the new light that God made happen. And they wouldn't acceptit and remain in darkness and all who listen to them.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #23

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:23 pm

Matt 24:45--At the proper time, God revealed truth through them, not before.
Which says:

Matthew 24:45
45 “Who is the wise and trusted servant? The master trusts one servant to give the other servants their food at the right time. Who is the one the master trusts to do that work?

Pretty egotistical of the JW Deciders to conclude each qualifies as a "wise and trusted servant." But I recognize this as one of the personality flaws of religious pooh bahs; to conceitedly overestimate their worth and ability.

By correcting the errors in front of all creation-proves 100% truth is what they seek. A domestic has 0 choice in the matter( Luke 10:16) listening to the ones Jesus appointed is like listening to God and Jesus. rejecting them works the same.
What's a "domestic"? And other than being driven by self importance and a sense of infallibility, how do they know they actually corrected the errors? I'll tell you why. Because their corrections are made to fall in line with their theology. Simple as that. If a verse doesn't fit prune it and shape it so that it does.

God knew what he was doing--errors rooted out the fakes.
When he was doing what? First filling his scriptures with errors? Gotta say he doesn't sound like a competent or very bright god at all.

Hiding certain truths through the centuries kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness.
So Satan and his angels have to read the Bible to see what's what? C'mon. Even I can't buy this one.

Dan 12:4) assures that here in these last days truth becomes abundant--at the proper time.
Big deal. . . .

"1 . . . every one of your people whose name is found written in the book of life will be saved. 2 There are many who are dead and buried. Some of them will wake up and live forever, but others will wake up to shame and disgrace forever. 3 The wise people will shine as bright as the sky. Those who teach others to live right will shine like stars forever and ever."

It will already have been a done deal.

The only ones who have their names written in Gods book of Life do this-John 4:22-24

Miles
Savant

Post #24

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:34 pm

Charles Taze Russell figured out just which doctrines in the Bible were clear and true. He threw out the Trinity because there is no scriptural evidence for it. He threw out the teaching of the immortal soul because there is no scriptural evidence for it. He focused in on the Redemption of Jesus as a basic doctrine, and lamented that other religions of his time did not consider it important. We don'lt believe JWs only because they say they are right. Most of us have studied hard and figured out these truths for ourselves. Ssay, what errors do you find in our doctrines? Be specific please.
I don't find any errors in your doctrines, nor have I ever said I did. Construct your doctrines however you like.

otseng
Savant

Post #25

Post by otseng »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:26 pm Can't we be honest about these things?
Moderator Comment

Please do not judge about another's honesty.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #26

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:45 pm
Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:05 am Dear Miles,

I gotta admit that you are on target on this one.

It would be nice if the JW's would just clearly respond to each of those failed scenarios instead of skirting the issue.

But maybe there is still hope, maybe they are working on it?

Also for the record, I will believe Jesus over the claims by some that his prophesies have failed. I would, however be open to any real evidence that they can provide.

Best regards,
RW
Having dealt with JWs many times before I don't actually expect a cogent answer. I put these things out there mainly for people such as yourself to show that JWs have a lot to answer for, even if they never do.

I would say--a house divided( 40,000 trinity religions) that will not stand, that are teaching a non existent trinity misleading billions to lose out on entering Gods kingdoom will have to answer much more severely.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #27

Post by onewithhim »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:45 pm
Miles wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:45 pm
Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:05 am Dear Miles,

I gotta admit that you are on target on this one.

It would be nice if the JW's would just clearly respond to each of those failed scenarios instead of skirting the issue.
Onewithhim responds:

We have clearly responded to each of your "failed scenarios," you just haven't agreed or you didn't even read the responses. We are good at cogent answers, and all it takes is some attention paid by you. JWs never "skirt the issue." We are more than glad to discuss anything.

tam
Savant

Post #28

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

Matt 24:45--At the proper time, God revealed truth through them, not before. By correcting the errors in front of all creation-proves 100% truth is what they seek. A domestic has 0 choice in the matter( Luke 10:16) listening to the ones Jesus appointed is like listening to God and Jesus. rejecting them works the same. God knew what he was doing--errors rooted out the fakes. Hiding certain truths through the centuries kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness. Dan 12:4) assures that here in these last days truth becomes abundant--at the proper time.
1 - Are you saying that:

A - God was responsible for the false teachings?

B - the "fakes" were the ones who left because they found falsehood in the religion? (<- isn't that what you expect people to do with other religions? Leave because of the falsehood in them?)... but the faithful were the ones who stayed IN after finding falsehood in the religion? Because that doesn't make much sense to me. That seems backward. What happened to 'test the inspired expressions?' (1John 4:1), or 'test all things' (1 Thess 5:21), or even just God's command to listen to His Son?

2 - Where are you getting the idea that anyone has NO choice but to believe men who are religious leaders? Would it interest you to know that Catholics say the same thing as what you said... that listening to the pope/religion is the same as listening to [Jesus]/God, and to reject the pope/religion is to reject [Jesus]/God? They use the same verse from Luke that you used to support their claim as well. If a person has no choice but to listen to the leaders of their religion - even when those leaders are teaching false - then what is the point of being told to test all things and even those who claim to be apostles (1John 4:1, 1 Thess 5:21, Rev 2:2)?

As for the OP, most are direct quotes (inheriting the earth, seeking the Kingdom and HIS righteousness <- meaning that we seek the righteousness of God in all that He does; and that God is the Father of Christ.)

I would just point out one thing from your OP: you appear to be placing a limit on who they meek are (the great crowd), but would not the 144 000 also be meek?

I would also add to your list at least one command from Christ: to eat and to drink the bread and wine that mean His body and blood, to keep doing these in remembrance of Him. The WTS teaches and commands something that contradicts Christ. The WTS teaches something that is a falsehood and has NOT been corrected. Your question "Will you believe [Jesus] over errors?" should be asked of that command and teaching as well, should it not?

I know some may think that I harp on that point, and it is not that I am trying to do that. But it is just that this is one of the most blatant commands from Christ that the WTS contradicts... and this is something that Christ said one HAD to do in order to have life in oneself. (John 6:53)

Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #29

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:29 pm Peace to you,

Matt 24:45--At the proper time, God revealed truth through them, not before. By correcting the errors in front of all creation-proves 100% truth is what they seek. A domestic has 0 choice in the matter( Luke 10:16) listening to the ones Jesus appointed is like listening to God and Jesus. rejecting them works the same. God knew what he was doing--errors rooted out the fakes. Hiding certain truths through the centuries kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness. Dan 12:4) assures that here in these last days truth becomes abundant--at the proper time.
1 - Are you saying that:

A - God was responsible for the false teachings?

B - the "fakes" were the ones who left because they found falsehood in the religion? (<- isn't that what you expect people to do with other religions? Leave because of the falsehood in them?)... but the faithful were the ones who stayed IN after finding falsehood in the religion? Because that doesn't make much sense to me. That seems backward. What happened to 'test the inspired expressions?' (1John 4:1), or 'test all things' (1 Thess 5:21), or even just God's command to listen to His Son?

2 - Where are you getting the idea that anyone has NO choice but to believe men who are religious leaders? Would it interest you to know that Catholics say the same thing as what you said... that listening to the pope/religion is the same as listening to [Jesus]/God, and to reject the pope/religion is to reject [Jesus]/God? They use the same verse from Luke that you used to support their claim as well. If a person has no choice but to listen to the leaders of their religion - even when those leaders are teaching false - then what is the point of being told to test all things and even those who claim to be apostles (1John 4:1, 1 Thess 5:21, Rev 2:2)?

As for the OP, most are direct quotes (inheriting the earth, seeking the Kingdom and HIS righteousness <- meaning that we seek the righteousness of God in all that He does; and that God is the Father of Christ.)

I would just point out one thing from your OP: you appear to be placing a limit on who they meek are (the great crowd), but would not the 144 000 also be meek?

I would also add to your list at least one command from Christ: to eat and to drink the bread and wine that mean His body and blood, to keep doing these in remembrance of Him. The WTS teaches and commands something that contradicts Christ. The WTS teaches something that is a falsehood and has NOT been corrected. Your question "Will you believe [Jesus] over errors?" should be asked of that command and teaching as well, should it not?

I know some may think that I harp on that point, and it is not that I am trying to do that. But it is just that this is one of the most blatant commands from Christ that the WTS contradicts... and this is something that Christ said one HAD to do in order to have life in oneself. (John 6:53)

Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

No God was not responsible. Imperfect men were responsible because it wasnt the proper time yet to know certain truths. Every religion claiming to be christian taught errors on the truths God hid. They were still in the bible all through the years. All saw who made corrections at the proper time. The rest outright refuse to make corrections.
Only members of the little flock were present at the last supper. Jesus made that special covenant with them.
Yes the 144,000 are meek, but they are of the little flock-Promised to sit on thrones beside Jesus in heaven as kings and priests-Rev 1:6--Rev 20:6--That was the special covenant Jesus made with them the night of the last supper.

tam
Savant

Post #30

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to kjw47 in post #29]

I'm off to work, but just quickly...

Christ did not teach that only some (little flock or otherwise) could eat his flesh and drink his blood. He said that ANYONE may eat, and that UNLESS one eats, one has no life in them. (John 6).

The WTS teaches something different than that.

Okay, gotta run... talk later...

Peace again to you!
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)