Have you seen God’s glory?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus said to believe so you will see God’s glory. Now many believe it is after you die but no, a misunderstanding.

If you have not seen the glory of God then what you think is believing is not really believing.

John 11:40 NRS

40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"

So, do you believe?

Savant

Re: Have you seen God’s glory?

Post #11

Post by 1213 »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:25 pm Jesus said to believe so you will see God’s glory. Now many believe it is after you die but no, a misunderstanding.

If you have not seen the glory of God then what you think is believing is not really believing.

40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
Did Jesus say that to Martha, or to everyone?

MissKate13
Sage

Post #12

Post by MissKate13 »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:25 pm Jesus said to believe so you will see God’s glory. Now many believe it is after you die but no, a misunderstanding.

So, do you believe?

You cited John 11:40. Can you explain what Jesus meant by “you will see the glory of God” in that passage? What exactly did Martha and the others see?
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

MissKate13
Sage

Post #13

Post by MissKate13 »

1213 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:40 am
Good question!

Jesus spoke the words to Martha, but everyone saw God’s glory when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.

Seeing God’s glory was in the miracle He performed.

Context is everything!
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

otseng
Savant

Post #14

Post by otseng »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:10 pm I see your not among the righteous or you would have understanding.
Bobcat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:33 pm It is a mystery to the wicked but joy to the righteous.
Moderator Comment

Please debate without making any personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #15

Post by onewithhim »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:10 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:53 pm [Replying to Bobcat in post #1]

Jesus was referring to what God would accomplish, through him. When we believe, we see with our understanding eyes all that Jesus has done for the glory of his Father. (John 8:50,54; Phil.2:11)
No. You fail to believe because you think like man not like God.

Since you do not believe you cannot see.

“He who believes in me shall do the works I do…”

Do the works and believe.
I am doing the works that Jesus did. I participate in going door to door with the message of the Kingdom (Matthew 24:14) just as he did. No one else does this....no other religion. You can say Mormons, but they do not do it consistently nor do they speak about God's Kingdom (as Jesus did....e.g. the Our Father prayer). Now, how do you think that I am thinking like man?

Ross
Scholar

Post #16

Post by Ross »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:06 am
I am doing the works that Jesus did. I participate in going door to door with the message of the Kingdom
I have not seen Jehovah's Witnesses going 'door to door' for a decade. Only standing on street corners in high streets with placards like the 18th century messengers of doom for mankind.
And offering their magazines.

Miles
Savant

Post #17

Post by Miles »

Ross wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:38 pm
I am doing the works that Jesus did. I participate in going door to door with the message of the Kingdom
I have not seen Jehovah's Witnesses going 'door to door' for a decade. Only standing on street corners in high streets with placards like the 18th century messengers of doom for mankind.
And offering their magazines.
And did you notice here that they, themselves, don't know what the Bible really teaches? Kind of telling, don't you think?

............Image

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #18

Post by Bobcat »

To Martha but it is for everyone.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #19

Post by Bobcat »

MissKate13 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:07 am
Good question!

Jesus spoke the words to Martha, but everyone saw God’s glory when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.

Seeing God’s glory was in the miracle He performed.

Context is everything!
No. God’s glory is not seeing miracles. Much deeper.

They did not need to believe the miracle, they saw it.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #20

Post by Bobcat »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:10 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:53 pm [Replying to Bobcat in post #1]

Jesus was referring to what God would accomplish, through him. When we believe, we see with our understanding eyes all that Jesus has done for the glory of his Father. (John 8:50,54; Phil.2:11)
No. You fail to believe because you think like man not like God.

Since you do not believe you cannot see.

“He who believes in me shall do the works I do…”

Do the works and believe.
I am doing the works that Jesus did. I participate in going door to door with the message of the Kingdom (Matthew 24:14) just as he did. No one else does this....no other religion. You can say Mormons, but they do not do it consistently nor do they speak about God's Kingdom (as Jesus did....e.g. the Our Father prayer). Now, how do you think that I am thinking like man?
Your preaching the wrong kingdom.

You think like man because of your response about God’s glory.

“Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”