Adam ate a fruit
Noah enjoyed his wine... naked
Abraham lied to a king and nearly killed his kid
Sarah laughed at Gods prophecy
Simeon and Levi killed men in their wrath
Reuben defiled his fathers bed
Moses, the sorcerer killed a man in Egypt
Saul the first king, was insane, a mad man
David, do i even need to say the infamous things David did?
Solomon, thousands of wives, probably orgies and worshiped all kinds of gods
And the rest of the kings, and the people of Israel and Judah, they lived in wickedness
Jonah? Deliberately disobeyed God, God told him to go to Nineveh and he deliberately went the opposite way
Hosea? Married a prostitute
Job Abhorred himself, and so did Jeremiah
Jeremiah cried for most his life, because of his sins, and they put him in Jail, and tortured him
The sawed Isaiah in half, and stoned other prophets
Peter, a sinking stone of little faith, denying he even knew Jesus, and was even called "Satan" by Jesus himself
Jesus, he flipped tables, called people hypocrites, chased people with a whip.. And he was the only sinless one!
Paul, a wretched man who couldn't even do good if he tried, and continued to do evil, and tried to get Christians killed.
And "the scum of the earth", that is a self proclaimed Christian term (1 Corinthians 4:13), "we are the scum of the earth" Paul wrote.

To name a few... I feel like my life is livable given all that... barely livable, but livable...
I think Saul the King was one of my favorite... It makes me feel like my life isnt that bad, when i think of Saul.
“Them that die'll be the lucky ones.”

Tcg
Savant

Re: In Gods image

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

Shem Yoshi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:50 am Adam ate a fruit
And the rest of the kings, and the people of Israel and Judah, they lived in wickedness
Jonah? Deliberately disobeyed God, God told him to go to Nineveh and he deliberately went the opposite way
Jeremiah cried for most his life, because of his sins, and they put him in Jail, and tortured him
Peter, a sinking stone of little faith, denying he even knew Jesus, and was even called "Satan" by Jesus himself
Jesus, he flipped tables, called people hypocrites, chased people with a whip.. And he was the only sinless one!
Paul, a wretched man who couldn't even do good if he tried, and continued to do evil, and tried to get Christians killed.
And "the scum of the earth", that is a self proclaimed Christian term (1 Corinthians 4:13), "we are the scum of the earth" Paul wrote.

To name a few... I feel like my life is livable given all that... barely livable, but livable...
I think Saul the King was one of my favorite... It makes me feel like my life isnt that bad, when i think of Saul.
So, why is your life "barely livable?" I thought Jesus has made your life all peachy keen and what not.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Shem Yoshi
Sage

Re: In Gods image

Post #3

Post by Shem Yoshi »

Tcg wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:13 am
Shem Yoshi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:50 am Adam ate a fruit

So, why is your life "barely livable?" I thought Jesus has made your life all peachy keen and what not.

Tcg
I suppose you'd have to define your "peachy keen and what not"...

I am happy to find comfort in Faith in all things... The evils of the day, I can take up faith, the iniquities of myself, i can take up faith in God for salvation. When I am kicked out in the streets, and sleeping on the steps of churches, and court houses, and libraries, I take faith and I find joy that I can live through hardship. When my school I graduated from banishes me from returning to campus, the evils of the world and its oppression, I take faith and pray for their well being. When they put me in jail for spreading the message of God and standing up for human rights, I take faith that I can suffer for righteousness sake. When I am attacked by mods of people, and punched and kicked with stones thrown at me, I take faith that the faith of God has been shown through the disciples sufferings. When people threaten my life, and pull guns and knives on me, I say hallelujah for I have faith in God in life and in death. When even my christian brothers scold me for my troubles and tribulations, as if life is suppose to be another way, I take faith in God for I have nothing to glory of but the necessity of spreading the word. When the entire world is against me, and Satan lays his traps for me, and in my own weakness i stumble in the way, I take faith for God is my savior.

peachy keen and what not? I dont know what you mean by that, but my Savior showed us the way by His death on a cross, and it was perfect.
“Them that die'll be the lucky ones.”