Banned
Banned

Simple Test to Disprove Christianity

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

1. Find Christians who claim to have a relationship with Jesus
2. Ask them individually a series of questions
3. Compare the answers.
4. If the answers don't line up, then it shows that Christians don't have a relationship with Jesus.
5. The most likely answer is that Jesus doesn't exist in the way Christians claim.

Some questions:
A. What was your favorite food as a child, Jesus?
B. What should America do about it's National Debt, if anything? What steps should be done to reduce it, or should it be reduced at all?
C. Where is my great-great-great-great-grandmother buried?
D. Are both Hitler and Anne Frank in Heaven?
E. What is the 1 billionth digit in Pi?

These are samples of questions that could be compared. (Obviously, you'd want a double-blind study, etc.)

Objections:

1. "Jesus/God doesn't work that way!"
This is obvious to non-believers, since it's exactly what you'd expect from a non-existent person in a "relationship". However, Christians who claim to have a relationship with Jesus are often heard all the ways Jesus talks to them:
"I was drinkin' and druggin' and bein' all bad, and I asked Jesus, "Jesus, should I stop all this self-destructive behavior?", and he said, "Yes.""
"I was unemployed, surfin' on my Mom's couch and she was naggin' me, so I prayed to Jesus, "Jesus, should I get a job?", and I heard him clear as a bell, "Yes"."

So, this is very simple. Ask Jesus better questions, otherwise, it appears Jesus is no better than an incel's mother telling him to get a job. We expect more from our deities, no?

2. "Well, not all Christians are being honest about their relationship with Jesus"
This is certain. Christians of all stripes lie about Jesus. There's a reason there are over 10,000 denominations, many of those led by men (usually men) who claim to have had a revelation from Jesus to start their church. The Pope, Fred Phelps, Marcion, etc. They've all claimed to have a relationship with Jesus in some way - and they've all been either lying, or Jesus is telling them different answers (so much for not being the author of confusion!).
In fact, can't we sum up all religions as started by liars?
Aren't all people stained by Original Sin and liars? Aren't 99% of all religions automatically wrong - started by liars? Why do we simply accept the claims of one person over another?

3. "OK, maybe everyone is a liar, except me! If I can answer all those questions correctly, then Christianity must be true."
Not so fast. Sure, if one person answered all the questions correctly, we'd have a data point. But with over 1 billion Christians in the world, we'd expect 1 person to randomly get it right.
Besides, Christianity claims - in it's own book (unless it's a lie) - that Jesus DESIRES a relationship with us. If only one person can answer those questions (that could also be answered randomly), that doesn't support the claims of Christianity.

4. "You can't test God!"
(Why not? How convenient!) But, we're not really testing God - we're testing the people's claims of having a relationship with Jesus. After all, Christians want us to accept that Jesus has told them x, y, z, and that's why we can't have Gay Marriage, or eat meat on Friday, or have premarital sex, etc. In other words, see #1, they are more than happy to tell us Jesus has spoken with them and told them the 'facts" (yet, Chrtistians disagree). This is exactly what you'd expect from a false religion.

Conclusion:
This is a simple test. Almost stupidly simple. Committed Christians will do everything they can to avoid ever having to take this test - which belies their motivation.
This would be perfectly normal in a real relationship. If you wanted to know if Warren Buffet existed (or if people who claimed to know him, actually knew him), you could simply ask a series of questions. The people who answer the same, and answer what only Buffet would know, are most likely the ones in a relationship with Buffet.
The fact is, there is no difference between "Christians relationship with Jesus" and "There is no Jesus".

Bonus round:
Not all religions claim to have this kind of relationship with God. Thus, making those religions more likely true (or, at least, more difficult to prove the negative; that they aren't true).
Therefore, if Christians want to make Pascal's Wager, they should pick a different religion.

Are any Christians here willing to take the test? Wouldn't you like to know if Jesus is real - or which Christians are false?

Important Note:
This test highlights not only why Christianity is false, but shows how vastly different our world would be if it were true.
If Christianity were true, and Jesus/God had actual relationships with the millions of people who claim to have this relationship, we'd see a vast agreement from all those Christians on all kinds of issues. Politics, parenting, science, math, etc: All these would be supercharged if we could tap into the knowledge of God.

Our legal system: "Jesus, did he kill his wife? No? OK, sir, you are free to go. We've been told it's your neighbor."

Parenting: "Should I spank my children? Oh, you say one of them will learn from it but the other will be forever scarred emotionally and never be able to form meaningful relationships? Wow, thanks, Jesus?"

I know Christians will claim Jesus doesn't want to give us the answers. But this is just an excuse - and a lie - since they claim Jesus does, in fact, give them answers on a number of things when it comes to them personally, or things that involve the culture war. How many Christians are convinced Jesus doesn't like abortion - despite those babies getting a free trip to God, without any of the pain and agony in this mortal life? (As one of many examples)

Thoughts?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Simple Test to Disprove Christianity

Post #241

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Adonai Yahweh wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:29 pm My argument for atheism isn't weak it's just that you are unable to bring any information that can prove that atheism is correct.
Atheism is a lack of belief, and not an overt statement of fact.
Who is the person in my profile pic?
Eddie Rabbitt.
An atheist cant even comprehend what term blasphemy is.
I can comprehend blasphemy, I just don't think anyone can show they know a god's thoughts on the matter.
Yet alone try and argue what blasphemy is. For you dont even believe in Jesus. And according to which scripture? Give scriptural references since you said its from scripture.
That's kinda the thing, ain't it? Unless it's in the Bible, there ain't a whole bunch of references regarding Jesus.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Adonai Yahweh
Student

Post #242

Post by Adonai Yahweh »

Atheism is a lack of belief, and not an overt statement of fact.
It mostly certainly must be a fact if you have chosen to live in that way . Having unbelief in something , in particular Jesus means that you are certain that Jesus doesn't exist . Meaning that you also do not believe in the bible . So what made you an atheist ?

Eddie Rabbitt.
The profile pic is a painting of Jesus

I can comprehend blasphemy, I just don't think anyone can show they know a god's thoughts on the matter.
Blasphemy is a religious concept , and it is profane talk about God , your comments about God is profane talk . Yes people can know his thoughts because he is says he is the word which is the bible . His thoughts are the bible this is John 1

That's kinda the thing, ain't it? Unless it's in the Bible, there ain't a whole bunch of references regarding Jesus
The bible itself is considered as historical evidence because it is a primary source . The new testament especially the gospel were written by men that were journeying with Jesus so it is an eyewitness account . Many of the historical evidences we have today are primary sources in which many historic event were written by people that were there . Other non-christian historians that have written on Jesus are Joseph Flavius , Tacitus , Pliny the Younger , Suetonius and Mara bar Serapion

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #243

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Adonai Yahweh wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:38 am
JK wrote: Atheism is a lack of belief, and not an overt statement of fact.
It mostly certainly must be a fact if you have chosen to live in that way.
I live as if you can't show your favored god exists, just like you live as if none can show Xena, Warrior Princess exists.
Having unbelief in something , in particular Jesus means that you are certain that Jesus doesn't exist. Meaning that you also do not believe in the bible.
My unbelief mostly involves the Christian's inability to show their claims are truth, and not so much about some alledged carpenter from the long ago times.
So what made you an atheist ?
My lack of belief in a god or gods. I'm an aEaster Bunniest as well.
The profile pic is a painting of Jesus.
Until it can be confirmed what Jesus looked like, I'm sticking with Eddie Rabbitt.
JK wrote:I can comprehend blasphemy, I just don't think anyone can show they know a god's thoughts on the matter.
Blasphemy is a religious concept, and it is profane talk about God, your comments about God is profane talk.
And now you're talking about God.

God can go suck on a stump for all I care.
Yes people can know his thoughts because he is says he is the word which is the bible.
Do you also believe some woman lived in her a cupboard?
His thoughts are the bible this is John 1
How might we confirm John 1 is an accurate reflection of the claims it makes?
That's kinda the thing, ain't it? Unless it's in the Bible, there ain't a whole bunch of references regarding Jesus
The bible itself is considered as historical evidence because it is a primary source.
I don't care what level of source the bible has attained, I seek to determine if its claims, and your claims about it, can be shown to be truthful.

Please see site rules regarding C&A.
The new testament especially the gospel were written by men that were journeying with Jesus so it is an eyewitness account.
I challenge you to show you speak truth in this matter.
Many of the historical evidences we have today are primary sources in which many historic event were written by people that were there.
And this'n.
Other non-christian historians that have written on Jesus are Joseph Flavius, Tacitus, Pliny the Younger, Suetonius and Mara bar Serapion
Please present these folks, so we may question them on the veracity of their claims.

Like so many preachers who roam these debates, you got the making claims down pat. You'd do a Sunday School proud, you're doing so good.

Now let us all see how well you do at the putting truth to em.
-Punkinhead Martin

Adonai Yahweh
Student

Post #244

Post by Adonai Yahweh »

So I will put it simply those who don't read the scriptures with spiritual understanding do not hear Jesus , it is either their mind or they heard Satan , and education in the scriptures does not equate to understanding of the scriptures I brought scripture to show you this . Ah, yes, straight out of "The Giant Omnibus of Christian Loopholes". You can't possibly be right because you don't have spiritual understanding, or sometimes, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, or Satan did it. No evidence to support such claims, but what the heck, throw it out there and see if it sticks. Total waste of time.
In my previous posts I brought in scripture that shows you that people who do not have spiritual understanding do not understand scriptures regardless of whatever rank they may in society . Having a spiritual understanding means not reading the bible with preconceived perceptions of the world and trying to apply it to scripture . Like if a husband who has the belief that he is far more superior than his wife and tries discourage her and tell that she must always be respectful and submissive to him . (This is a worldly concept that has been debated on especially with these red pill podcast men of how a woman should act ). Then reads a scripture where it talks about a wife being respectful to her husband , then thinks that his belief is justified ,when it is wrong . Because if they read the rest of the scripture in this case I'm talking about 1 Peter where it also says that a husband must honor and respect his wife , and treat her with love and understanding . Spiritual understanding is about the mindset and this is applicable to other things as well . Your mindset will determine the outcome of your understanding on any subject matter .
Dear Jesus, what the flood event A) literal or B) not literal?". Just a simple A) or B) will suffice.
I have already explained to you the interpretation of this scripture and what else it links to , you yourself know that none of the options that you have presented is the correct answer . For those that have read the bible know meaning that majority of scriptures speaks of both the literal and metaphorical
The BEST he could 'argue', is that all who claim to speak to Jesus and get a differing answer MUST not have the same understanding, or are blocked by 'evil', or some other nonsense. And the ones that do have the same understanding may or may not have true understanding. Meaning, they do or got the interpretation right by happy accident.
I'm not arguing this point , this point is the truth , those who have differing understanding is due to their mindset which can be evil ( evil is Satan ) or mindset that is influenced by their environment which translates into the way they think . This is even shown through the Freud structure of human psyche in which you have the id, ego and superego . The id is your primal instincts that all about seeking pleasure , the ego which is you as person , a person that has been influenced by the external environment and your superego which is your morality . This shows that they are 2 personalities that is trying to influence your mindset and your sense of reality . In the same way in Christianity there is God and Satan that is trying to influence your mindset and your sense of reality .

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #245

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Adonai Yahweh wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:24 am ...
In the same way in Christianity there is God and Satan that is trying to influence your mindset and your sense of reality.
That does seem to be the belief.

Can you show it to be the truth?
-Punkinhead Martin

Clownboat
Savant

Post #246

Post by Clownboat »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:00 am
Adonai Yahweh wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:24 am ...
In the same way in Christianity there is God and Satan that is trying to influence your mindset and your sense of reality.
That does seem to be the belief.

Can you show it to be the truth?
I can!
First, make an idol out of the religious promotional material that we call the Bible.
Second, ignore that the god concept in the said religious promotional material says to not make idols.
Third, continue on worshiping the book we call the Bible as an idol and accept the claims in it without question.

This is how one can convince themselves that what they idolize is telling some truth. We see this outside of Christianity as well, which informs us that this just us humans being human IMO. People that don't make idols out of ideas or books tend to accept best explanations until better ones come about and they certainly don't make an idol of an explanation and act like their eternal soul is on the line.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Tcg
Savant

Post #247

Post by Tcg »

Adonai Yahweh wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:38 am

The profile pic is a painting of Jesus
No, it isn't. It is a painting drawn from the imagination of an 8 year old girl in the early 21st century long after Jesus died.

The bible itself is considered as historical evidence because it is a primary source . The new testament especially the gospel were written by men that were journeying with Jesus so it is an eyewitness account .
This is absolutely wrong. All four of the gospels are anonymous. We don't know who the authors were. Additionally, the author of Luke admits that he was not an eyewitness of any of the things he documents. The gospels are hearsay. Paul also observed nothing of Jesus' earthly life. All Paul had was a hallucination of a heavenly Jesus. He too was not an eyewitness.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #248

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Tcg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:54 pm ...
It is a painting drawn from the imagination of an 8 year old girl in the early 21st century long after Jesus died.
Oh my god, some little girl prophesied the coming of Eddie Rabbitt!
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Post #249

Post by brunumb »

Adonai Yahweh wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:38 am Having unbelief in something , in particular Jesus means that you are certain that Jesus doesn't exist .
That is incorrect. Not believing is something does not mean you are certain that it is false.
Adonai Yahweh wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:38 am Blasphemy is a religious concept , and it is profane talk about God , your comments about God is profane talk .
Is it blasphemous to claim that a painting is of Jesus?
Adonai Yahweh wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:38 am The bible itself is considered as historical evidence because it is a primary source . The new testament especially the gospel were written by men that were journeying with Jesus so it is an eyewitness account .
Who were these men who traveled with Jesus and wrote the "new testament especially the gospel"? When did they write it?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

POI
Prodigy

Post #250

Post by POI »

Adonai Yahweh wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:24 am I have already explained to you the interpretation of this scripture and what else it links to , you yourself know that none of the options that you have presented is the correct answer . For those that have read the bible know meaning that majority of scriptures speaks of both the literal and metaphorical
Let's get specific, so we can settle this once and for all. God apparently says this:

"17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you." - Genesis 6

Was this command from God literal or metaphorical? When you ask Jesus, which one was it?

A) literal
B) metaphorical

As it stands right now, many many many earnest Christians are quite divided. Why would Jesus lead many astray here?
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."