20 Terrible Ideas from the New Testament

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

20 Terrible Ideas from the New Testament

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

Please see Do you agree? Do you disagree? If you disagree, what is the basis for your disagreement?

Clownboat
Savant

Re: 20 Terrible Ideas from the New Testament

Post #71

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:46 pm In Samuel--Those were wicked God ordered destroyed. Those parents would have handed-false god worship-and wicked practices to those children and they would have lived wicked lives.
I believe you worship a false god, but I wont kill you because I'm better and more moral than your god concept.
The world needs less people that believe such as yourself, not more.
Possibly God saw in future that they would have risen back up against Gods chosen and hurt them some how.

How easily you justify atrocities. Shame on you. I hope you never murder anyone for the god they believe in or don't believe in. Could you imagine if you were born in Iran and a Muslim? You may be throwing humans off of buildings for who they have decided to love. I guess I'm glad your just a Christian, they have their faults of course, but are not actively murding their fellow humans. Apostates or not!

<Shudder>
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #72

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:34 pm Its your eternal life on the line. You prove it.
Can we not leave the scare tactics to the terrorists? Why is the best you have, the mechanims of terrorism?
Unfortunately for the world, these types of scare tactics work well on children, but you are on a debate forum with adults. Something you seem to fail to realize.

What is obvious is that there is no god concept helping you post.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #73

Post by kjw47 »

Clownboat wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:02 pm
kjw47 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:46 pm In Samuel--Those were wicked God ordered destroyed. Those parents would have handed-false god worship-and wicked practices to those children and they would have lived wicked lives.
I believe you worship a false god, but I wont kill you because I'm better and more moral than your god concept.
Possibly God saw in future that they would have risen back up against Gods chosen and hurt them some how.

How easily you justify atrocities. Shame on you. I hope you never murder anyone for the god they believe in or don't believe in. Could you imagine if you were born in Iran and a Muslim? You may be throwing humans off of buildings for who they have decided to love. I guess I'm glad your just a Christian, they have their faults of course, but are not actively murding their fellow humans. Apostates or not!

<Shudder>

So you are saying --you don't know God? The one who gave you everything and without him wouldn't be in existence. How much is life worth? God owns every iota, he has the right to say what he allows and what he does not allow. He is the only one offering life everlasting, never sick, never without, not aging like now, etc in his kingdom. To live forever in peace and harmony, always finding happiness. That is what you are throwing away in your false reasonings.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #74

Post by kjw47 »

Clownboat wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:08 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:34 pm Its your eternal life on the line. You prove it.
Can we not leave the scare tactics to the terrorists? Why is the best you have, the mechanims of terrorism?
Unfortunately for the world, these types of scare tactics work well on children, but you are on a debate forum with adults. Something you seem to fail to realize.

What is obvious is that there is no god concept helping you post.

Its not a scare tactic, its reality. Throwing away trillions x trillions x trillions of never ending years of life, for the false reasonings that guide you.

brunumb
Savant

Post #75

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:37 pm So you are saying --you don't know God?
Yep. No one knows God. Some claim to, some imagine they do, but none can demonstrate that they do.
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:37 pm The one who gave you everything and without him wouldn't be in existence.
That's my dad, not God.
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:37 pm How much is life worth? God owns every iota, he has the right to say what he allows and what he does not allow.
Based on how God treated people in the Bible, life is not worth much. Just like someone with a litter of kittens who drowns the ones he doesn't like.
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:37 pm He is the only one offering life everlasting, never sick, never without, not aging like now, etc in his kingdom.
No, he's not. The anonymous writers of the Bible are the ones who made that up to lure marks into the fold.
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:37 pm To live forever in peace and harmony, always finding happiness. That is what you are throwing away in your false reasonings.
It's not false reasoning. There is nothing to reason with. Unsupported claims are worthless, as are empty promises that no one can show have any basis in truth.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #76

Post by TRANSPONDER »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:37 pm

<Shudder>

So you are saying --you don't know God? The one who gave you everything and without him wouldn't be in existence. How much is life worth? God owns every iota, he has the right to say what he allows and what he does not allow. He is the only one offering life everlasting, never sick, never without, not aging like now, etc in his kingdom. To live forever in peace and harmony, always finding happiness. That is what you are throwing away in your false reasonings.
I know you are making faitjhclaims that you have not been able to validate. Why don't you know Allah, who gave you everything and will punish you because you didn't believe his latest reverlation? i you don't beleive that, pretty much without even considering it, why should I believe you? I credit neither your stick or your carrot.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #77

Post by kjw47 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:26 am
kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:37 pm

<Shudder>

I know you are making faitjhclaims that you have not been able to validate. Why don't you know Allah, who gave you everything and will punish you because you didn't believe his latest reverlation? i you don't beleive that, pretty much without even considering it, why should I believe you? I credit neither your stick or your carrot.
Allah translates-God--They dont even know his name.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #78

Post by TRANSPONDER »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #77]

It is closer to the original name of God 'El' than Yhwh never mind the perverted form, 'Jehovah'. and if He changes his Laws, people and modus operandi once, with Jesus, why can't he do it again, with a slightly different name?

Because it is different from yours doesn't make it wrong. Try again why there is a good reason you shouldn't even consider the claims of Islam but I'm supposed to accept your claims.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #79

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:37 pm So you are saying --you don't know God?

What I said was that I believe you worship a false god and that I am more moral than your chosen god concept.
The one who gave you everything and without him wouldn't be in existence. How much is life worth? God owns every iota, he has the right to say what he allows and what he does not allow. He is the only one offering life everlasting, never sick, never without, not aging like now, etc in his kingdom. To live forever in peace and harmony, always finding happiness. That is what you are throwing away in your false reasonings.
You are projecting your faith based beliefs on to others. We get it, you believe such things via faith. That is ok, but your faith does not make you some authority on the gods.

When I read your words, I imagine a guys standing on a street corning shouting at people passing by. Perhaps change the way you debate and then we'll see a person sitting behind a computing attempting to use logic and reason over scare tactics and empty religious faith based claims that are a dime a dozen. Your choice of course.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #80

Post by Clownboat »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:39 pm Its not a scare tactic, its reality. Throwing away trillions x trillions x trillions of never ending years of life, for the false reasonings that guide you.
You just did it again...

scare tac·tic
noun
plural noun: scare tactics
a strategy intended to manipulate public opinion about a particular issue by arousing fear or alarm.

You are attempting to manipulate opinions about your preferred god concept by trying to arouse fear and alarm.
Surely you see how deceptive you are coming across by claiming to not be doing that which you are doing?
1 Timothy 4:1 ESV
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

You have been made known by your fruits!