Believers possess this.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

Believers possess this.

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Do Christians possess the light of life?

As it is written;

“I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.”

It seems Christians don’t even know what it is.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Believers possess this.

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

The light is Jesus and anyone that has faith in him "possess" that light in that by following him they have the spiritual enlightenment of knowing the truth that leads to everlasting life.

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

RELIGIOUS TRUTH, LIGHT and ... JESUS CHRIST
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Savant

Post #3

Post by 1213 »

Bobcat wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:43 pm Do Christians possess the light of life?

As it is written;

“I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.”

Maybe it is not a problem, if Christians are not all knowing?

But, isn't the answer in the text you gave, Jesus is the light of life?

And because of these following scriptures, perhaps that light could also be called truth.

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn't come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God."
John 3:19-21

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by Bobcat »

1213 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:59 am
Bobcat wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:43 pm Do Christians possess the light of life?

As it is written;

Maybe it is not a problem, if Christians are not all knowing?

But, isn't the answer in the text you gave, Jesus is the light of life?

And because of these following scriptures, perhaps that light could also be called truth.

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn't come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God."
John 3:19-21

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32
No. The light of life is known by genuine believers and is not revealed to others.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Bobcat »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:47 am The light is Jesus and anyone that has faith in him "possess" that light in that by following him they have the spiritual enlightenment of knowing the truth that leads to everlasting life.

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

RELIGIOUS TRUTH, LIGHT and ... JESUS CHRIST
The light of the world is not Jesus.

The son of man is the light of the world.

There is a difference.

Most believe Jesus is the son of man but scripture says otherwise.

Christianity is flawed!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

Bobcat wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:09 pm Most believe Jesus is the son of man but scripture says otherwise.
I would be interested in seeing which scriptures you are refering to. Could you list them?

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by Bobcat »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:44 am
Bobcat wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:09 pm Most believe Jesus is the son of man but scripture says otherwise.
I would be interested in seeing which scriptures you are refering to. Could you list them?

JW
Daniel 7:9-18 describes the son of man as the holy ones of the most High. Meaning more than one.

Matthew 13:37
He answered, "The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man; This describes the sower as the son of man. Jesus sent His followers just as He was sent thus showing they are son of man.

Matthew 11:19
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, "Look, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds.

Isaiah 65:13
Therefore thus says the Lord God: My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry; my servants shall drink, but you shall be thirsty; my servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame;

Notice the two verses above. The son of man eats and drinks. The servants of God eat and drink. Thus the son of man is the servants of God.

There’s more but I expect you will try to poke holes in it so I’m not going into it further.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #8

Bobcat wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:44 pm
There’s more but I expect you will try to poke holes in it so I’m not going into it further.
No; I never "poke joles" at scripture... Please go on. Do you have more scriptures?

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by Bobcat »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:24 am
No; I never "poke joles" at scripture... Please go on. Do you have more scriptures?
Yes.

Jesus said all judgement has been given to the son but then says to judge righteously. This shows the son is not Jesus alone. He also said that those who follow Him would sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Again they must be the son. Jesus also gave the glory given to Him to His genuine followers and said they would be One as He and the Father are One making His followers equal to Him.

John 5

22 The Father judges no one but has given all judgment to the Son,

Matthew 19:28

28 Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man is seated on the throne of his glory, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel

John 17
22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one,
23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one,
so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

John 5

26 For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself;
27 and he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.

So Jesus knew that the Son is the son of man and does the judging but still holds that His followers would judge the twelve tribes of Israel. Why? Because they are the son of man!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

Bobcat wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:02 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:24 am
Yes.

Jesus said all judgement has been given to the son but then says to judge righteously. This shows the son is not Jesus alone. He also said that those who follow Him would sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Again they must be the son. Jesus also gave the glory given to Him to His genuine followers and said they would be One as He and the Father are One making His followers equal to Him.

John 5

22 The Father judges no one but has given all judgment to the Son,

Matthew 19:28

28 Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man is seated on the throne of his glory, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel

John 17
22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one,
23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one,
so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

John 5

26 For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself;
27 and he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.

So Jesus knew that the Son is the son of man and does the judging but still holds that His followers would judge the twelve tribes of Israel. Why? Because they are the son of man!

Thank you. And well done for seeing that Jesus associated his coming rule with others!

JW