Exclusive History of the Bible

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Shem Yoshi
Sage

Exclusive History of the Bible

Post #1

Post by Shem Yoshi »

The Bible's history, from Genesis to the Prophets, has been suggested exclusive. Everything happened by the power of God, further more, anything that is NOT in the Bible EVER happened.

I first heard about that while i was reading a Catholic version in a Roman Prison, they say some sects of ultra-orthodox Jewish people believe that anything not mentioned ever happened, it was in a foot note while i was reading Hebrews that was talking about Melchizedek. The belief is Melchizedek is eternal and never died and people have suggested because his death was never mentioned in the Bible, and because ONLY the things that are mentioned in the Bible EVER happened thus supporting the eternal nature of Melchizedek...

It opened up an entire realm of thought. Some people believe the Bible is historical, and correctly detailed EVERYTHING in the past, AND FURTHERMORE, anything NOT mentioned in the Bible EVER HAPPENED. IT IS EXCLUSIVE!

I am here to fully support that belief.
Last edited by Shem Yoshi on Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Them that die'll be the lucky ones.”

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Exclusive History of the Bible

Post #2

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Shem Yoshi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:12 pm The Bible's history, from Genesis to the Prophets, has been suggested exclusive. Everything happened by the power of God, further more, anything that is NOT in the Bible NEVER happened.

I first heard about that while i was reading a Catholic version in a Roman Prison, they say some sects of ultra-orthodox Jewish people believe that, it was in a foot note in Hebrews that was talking about Melchizedek, the belief is Melchizedek is eternal and never died and people have suggested because his death was never mentioned in the Bible, and because ONLY the things that are mentioned in the Bible EVER happened thus supporting the eternal nature of Melchizedek...

It opened up an entire realm of thought. Some people believe the Bible is historical, and correctly detailed EVERYTHING in the past, AND FURTHERMORE, anything NOT mentioned in the Bible NEVER HAPPENED. IT IS EXCLUSIVE!

So you support the belief of that bunch of claims.

Can you support the truth of em?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Shem Yoshi
Sage

Post #3

Post by Shem Yoshi »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:17 pm
Shem Yoshi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:12 pm The Bible's history, from Genesis to the Prophets, has been suggested exclusive. Everything happened by the power of God, further more, anything that is NOT in the Bible NEVER happened.

I first heard about that while i was reading a Catholic version in a Roman Prison, they say some sects of ultra-orthodox Jewish people believe that, it was in a foot note in Hebrews that was talking about Melchizedek, the belief is Melchizedek is eternal and never died and people have suggested because his death was never mentioned in the Bible, and because ONLY the things that are mentioned in the Bible EVER happened thus supporting the eternal nature of Melchizedek...

It opened up an entire realm of thought. Some people believe the Bible is historical, and correctly detailed EVERYTHING in the past, AND FURTHERMORE, anything NOT mentioned in the Bible NEVER HAPPENED. IT IS EXCLUSIVE!

So you support the belief of that bunch of claims.

Can you support the truth of em?
Can i support the Bible is exclusive history? I sure can... The very FACT that all of history is in the past and is ONLY supported by what we have in the present suggest that all of history comes down to only finite things of the present. Therefor it should be no surprise that the Bible can correctly state, exclusively, everything that EVER happened.

brunumb
Savant

Post #4

Post by brunumb »

Shem Yoshi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:12 pm Everything happened by the power of God, further more, anything that is NOT in the Bible EVER happened.
Just to clarify, should that be NEVER happened? That is, if it is not mentioned in the Bible then it didn't happen.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Shem Yoshi
Sage

Post #5

Post by Shem Yoshi »

brunumb wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:16 pm
Shem Yoshi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:12 pm Everything happened by the power of God, further more, anything that is NOT in the Bible EVER happened.
Just to clarify, should that be NEVER happened? That is, if it is not mentioned in the Bible then it didn't happen.
I was going back and forth whether i should you "never" or "ever".. In fact i changed it from "never" to "ever", none the less the point is the same... Everything that has ever happened is contained within the scripture, and if the scripture didnt say so it didnt happen.

Correct, "if it is not mentioned in the Bible then it didn't happen"

This includes the birth and death of Melchizedek, it was never mentioned and therefor it never happened.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Shem Yoshi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:48 pm Can i support the Bible is exclusive history? I sure can... The very FACT that all of history is in the past and is ONLY supported by what we have in the present suggest that all of history comes down to only finite things of the present. Therefor it should be no surprise that the Bible can correctly state, exclusively, everything that EVER happened.
It's the Dewberry Baptist Church all over again :facepalm:
-Punkinhead Martin

Shem Yoshi
Sage

Post #7

Post by Shem Yoshi »

Its the age of debate... If a tree fell and there was no one around to hear it, did it ever happened?

We have the histories of the world word for word in the Bible, and the rest is like a tree in the forest... Did the events outside the Bible ever happen? Did a tree make a sound? No one knows... But whether the tree made a sound or not, it is completely irrelevant, its like it never happened... But unlike a tree falling, any event outside the Bible is not like it never happened, but it literally never happened...

I suppose as time went by, creation just kind of grew.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Shem Yoshi wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:44 am Its the age of debate... If a tree fell and there was no one around to hear it, did it ever happened?

We have the histories of the world word for word in the Bible, and the rest is like a tree in the forest... Did the events outside the Bible ever happen? Did a tree make a sound? No one knows... But whether the tree made a sound or not, it is completely irrelevant, its like it never happened... But unlike a tree falling, any event outside the Bible is not like it never happened, but it literally never happened...

I suppose as time went by, creation just kind of grew.
"I suppose" you'll eventually get around to presenting confirmatory data for your claims.

The liar lies and the preacher preaches.
-Punkinhead Martin

Shem Yoshi
Sage

Post #9

Post by Shem Yoshi »

It should be no surprise either. Science says the universe is expanding. So it should be no surprise that all of existence started from a smaller place, and that smaller place is contained within the words of the Bible... And as the universe continued to expand, it would only be reasonable that so did history. And probably with the coming of the Messiah, the ancient histories translated to events outside the Bible, or at least that is my theory. After the events of the early church the history of the world took root and went beyond scripture. Just like the universe, history itself started from a smaller point, and expended outwards.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #10

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Shem Yoshi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:12 pm The Bible's history, from Genesis to the Prophets, has been suggested exclusive. Everything happened by the power of God, further more, anything that is NOT in the Bible EVER happened.

I first heard about that while i was reading a Catholic version in a Roman Prison, they say some sects of ultra-orthodox Jewish people believe that anything not mentioned ever happened, it was in a foot note while i was reading Hebrews that was talking about Melchizedek. The belief is Melchizedek is eternal and never died and people have suggested because his death was never mentioned in the Bible, and because ONLY the things that are mentioned in the Bible EVER happened thus supporting the eternal nature of Melchizedek...

It opened up an entire realm of thought. Some people believe the Bible is historical, and correctly detailed EVERYTHING in the past, AND FURTHERMORE, anything NOT mentioned in the Bible EVER HAPPENED. IT IS EXCLUSIVE!

Normally OP topics are supposed to pose a question. But I suppose we can ride with what looks like 'The Bible is true, and I can prove it'.

I'll say right now, you can't. You will present the old apologetics that we have seen many times and they do not work.

But we wouldn't be here if we were not willing to field the grab -bag of doorstoop apologetics gambits for the benefit of the browsers and lurkers who are the ones we hope will spread the word.

What Word? My counter to your claim. I have never been in prison, but was raised an atheist as i have never been given a reason not to be one. Genesis was clearly wrong. The nativity was nonsense. So while we might have historical records of the Hebrews, the claims of a god involved are dubious.

The mobile star is nonsense so even if the nativity is true events, can we swallow the miracles? It fails at the basic level and I on my part assertt that it fails as an actual event, too. And in failing establishes that serious contradictions discredit the Bible.

So Christianity has been successful. So was Hinduism, Buddhism. So is Islam. It could even overtake Christianity. LDS and Scientology haven't done too dusty, either. No, the success story of Christianity proves nothing.

Sure it attracted followers, but so did Mithras and Isis. In fact it was Christianity that had to eliminate them, as it did all rival version of Christianity, persecuting them as Paganism had persecuted Christianity. And persecution has been the name of the game since then and I see no sign at all that it would be any different if it were to gain the temporal and political power is craves.

So Christianity really fails on the factual as success -story level.

What else you got?
Last edited by TRANSPONDER on Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.