Exclusive History of the Bible

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Shem Yoshi
Sage

Exclusive History of the Bible

Post #1

Post by Shem Yoshi »

The Bible's history, from Genesis to the Prophets, has been suggested exclusive. Everything happened by the power of God, further more, anything that is NOT in the Bible EVER happened.

I first heard about that while i was reading a Catholic version in a Roman Prison, they say some sects of ultra-orthodox Jewish people believe that anything not mentioned ever happened, it was in a foot note while i was reading Hebrews that was talking about Melchizedek. The belief is Melchizedek is eternal and never died and people have suggested because his death was never mentioned in the Bible, and because ONLY the things that are mentioned in the Bible EVER happened thus supporting the eternal nature of Melchizedek...

It opened up an entire realm of thought. Some people believe the Bible is historical, and correctly detailed EVERYTHING in the past, AND FURTHERMORE, anything NOT mentioned in the Bible EVER HAPPENED. IT IS EXCLUSIVE!

I am here to fully support that belief.
Last edited by Shem Yoshi on Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Them that die'll be the lucky ones.”

brunumb
Savant

Re: Exclusive History of the Bible

Post #11

Post by brunumb »

Shem Yoshi wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:44 am If a tree fell and there was no one around to hear it, did it ever happened?
Not unless it was recorded in the Bible. :P
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #12

Post by TRANSPONDER »

brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:25 am
Shem Yoshi wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:44 am If a tree fell and there was no one around to hear it, did it ever happened?
Yes. We can see where this is going as we have seen it before. In fact it's basic to all theist apologetics - discredit and dismiss any human knowledge, evidence and understanding so that Bibleclaims are the only ones left.

That is never going to work as - well...the apologists say; 'if you can't trust the Bible, how can you trust any other book?' It works the other way around: if you can't trust temporal evidence, records and research, why on earth should we believe the Bible? Especially if it makes no sense.

It's already been noted that so many arguments are about the OT. That's funny as the OT doesn't matter as Jesus made it all new. So I point to the nativities as the basic criticism. They cannot both be true. One has to be wrong, and in fact neither stack up. Aside from the mobile star, it makes no sense that the wise men would go to Herod for directions. It makes no sense that Herod would go to scripture for news of a royal pretender - he'd have his secret police search his relatives and nobles for recent births. And it makes no sense that the heavenly admin would tell Joseph 'safe to return to Judea (Bethlehem, where you live' and then 'sorry - Herod's son is now deemed a threat; better go live in galilee...where another son of Herod is ruler.'

It makes no sense as fact but perfect sense as a plot construction to explain that Jesus conformed to scriptural messianic prophecy, even if he didn't.

Luke's version (quite different) also makes no sense. Even if the Roman tax had applied to Galilee, you'd sign on in Capernaum or Sepphoris; you wouldn't trek to some ancestral city to sign on, and even if you did, you wouldn't take your wife. It is only done for one reason - to wangle a Galilean into Bethlehem to make the story fit the scriptures. That's hald of how prophecy works, the other half being to fiddle scripture to fit the story, the 'prophecies of the death of Judas being perfect examples.

There are so many, many examples of fiddlement, fabrication and nonsense in the NT, even when we've done with the OT, and we can already see the Bible -case shaping up for science- denial and dismissal of evidence as the go -to apologetic.

Tcg
Savant

Post #13

Post by Tcg »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

[Replying to Shem Yoshi in post #1]

Shem Yoshi
Sage

Post #14

Post by Shem Yoshi »

brunumb wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:25 am
Ya, pretty much
“Them that die'll be the lucky ones.”

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Shem Yoshi wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:55 am It should be no surprise either. Science says the universe is expanding. So it should be no surprise that all of existence started from a smaller place, and that smaller place is contained within the words of the Bible... And as the universe continued to expand, it would only be reasonable that so did history. And probably with the coming of the Messiah, the ancient histories translated to events outside the Bible, or at least that is my theory. After the events of the early church the history of the world took root and went beyond scripture. Just like the universe, history itself started from a smaller point, and expended outwards.
I think the smaller space here is in your thinking.

You don't have a theory, you have a poorly formed hypothesis.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin