Becoming a child of light.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

Becoming a child of light.

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus describes how to become a child of light.

“While you have the light, BELIEVE in the light and you will become a child of light.” John 12:36

Was Jesus saying not everyone is a child of light?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Becoming a child of light.

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:42 pm Jesus describes how to become a child of light.

“While you have the light, BELIEVE in the light and you will become a child of light.” John 12:36

Yes, it seems clear from his words that he is implying that those that do not believe in the light has not "become a child of light"

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by WinkyDinky »

tam wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:37 pm Peace to you,
Bobcat wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:42 pm Jesus describes how to become a child of light.

Yes.

You cannot become something you already ARE.

Peace again to you.
Please explain, how did you become something, you already Are?
If you profess to be a child of the Light, please explain how you became
a child of the Light? If you profess to be a child of the darkness, then
please explain how you became a child of the darkness? I would like
to see if there is any validity to your assertion.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by WinkyDinky »

Please explain, what is a child of the Light
that you are referring to as according to Jesus?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by WinkyDinky »

Wootah wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:09 pm

If you are in Christ you have the light. If you are not in Christ you don't have the light.
Please explain, what is the light one would have in Christ?
Are you saying that it will make you glow in the dark?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by WinkyDinky »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:05 pm

We have to remember that Jesus did not speak without parables.
There are many things that are recorded in the bible,
as Jesus speaking that was not a parable.
Here is one:
And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by WinkyDinky »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:07 pm
Bobcat wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:58 pm

We have to remember that Jesus did not speak without parables. Therefore everything the Word of God says must be interpreted and understood in light of the whole word of God. First we need to be clear what or who the light is that Christ is referring to.

John 8:12 (KJV 1900)
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 9:5 (KJV 1900)
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

So, the light is Jesus Christ himself. So we can understand John 12:36 to say, "while you have Christ (the light of the world), or while salvation is still possible, believe in Christ and you will become a child of the Lord Jesus Christ. So, not since not everyone believes in Christ, not everyone is a child of God (Christ). And then we have to understand the command to "believe", as this command has caused many to stumble into a salvation by works gospel. We know that no one ever became saved by their own works of righteousness, meaning, by keeping any commandment of God, yet somehow, this has become their stumbling stone because they think that if they do this one thing that they will be saved. This they do, neglecting the principle that Christ spoke in parables and so they take this passage and many others that talk about believing, at face value. But the truth of the scriptures is that one believes because they have become saved, not to become saved.

So, in John 12:32, Christ told us that one day the light of the world would no longer shine, meaning that one day, the door to salvation would close and the light of the world would no longer shine. And since salvation was all the work of Christ, we can understand that he's telling us the same thing here, that one day the work of salvation would come to an end. While it was day, meaning, while the light was in the world.

John 9:4 (KJV 1900)
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

And we know that the works of Christ is that of salvation.

John 6:28–29 (KJV 1900)
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

But the spiritual day (or day of salvation) came to and end at the end of the great tribulation period.

Matthew 24:29 (KJV 1900)
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

The sun here, is a spiritual reference to Christ.

Psalm 84:11 (KJV 1900)
For the LORD God is a sun and shield:
The LORD will give grace and glory:
No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
A typical answer from a Christian. But no it is not Jesus who is the light. It is a bit deeper than that.

As scripture says;

“The LORD shall be your light forever, your God shall be your glory.”
Well, the scripture you posted says the exact same thing I said in my previous post. The "LORD" is JEHOVAH which is another name for Jesus.

Jeremiah 23:6 (KJV 1900)
In his days (in the days of Jesus) Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, JEHOVAH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Please explain , how many names that Jesus has, and which one is He using now this present time?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by WinkyDinky »

We have to remember that Jesus did not speak without parables. Therefore everything the Word of God says must be interpreted and understood in light of the whole word of God. First we need to be clear what or who the light is that Christ is referring to.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

So, the light is Jesus Christ himself. So we can understand John 12:36 to say, "while you have Christ (the light of the world), or while salvation is still possible, believe in Christ and you will become a child of the Lord Jesus Christ. So, not since not everyone believes in Christ, not everyone is a child of God (Christ). And then we have to understand the command to "believe", as this command has caused many to stumble into a salvation by works gospel. We know that no one ever became saved by their own works of righteousness, meaning, by keeping any commandment of God, yet somehow, this has become their stumbling stone because they think that if they do this one thing that they will be saved. This they do, neglecting the principle that Christ spoke in parables and so they take this passage and many others that talk about believing, at face value. But the truth of the scriptures is that one believes because they have become saved, not to become saved.

So, in John 12:32, Christ told us that one day the light of the world would no longer shine, meaning that one day, the door to salvation would close and the light of the world would no longer shine. And since salvation was all the work of Christ, we can understand that he's telling us the same thing here, that one day the work of salvation would come to an end. While it was day, meaning, while the light was in the world.

I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

But the spiritual day (or day of salvation) came to and end at the end of the great tribulation period.

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

A typical answer from a Christian. But no it is not Jesus who is the light. It is a bit deeper than that.

As scripture says;

Please explain, who is the LORD?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by WinkyDinky »

Bobcat wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:14 pm

As scripture says;

Well, the scripture you posted says the exact same thing I said in my previous post. The "LORD" is JEHOVAH which is another name for Jesus.

In his days (in the days of Jesus) Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, JEHOVAH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
No it is not Jesus. Deeper.
Please explain, who is it?

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #19

Post by Bobcat »

Wootah wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:18 pm [Replying to Bobcat in post #9]

What denomination are you?
None.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #20

Post by Bobcat »

WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:11 pm
Bobcat wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:14 pm

As scripture says;

No it is not Jesus. Deeper.
Please explain, who is it?
It is not a who but a what. Remember, God is spirit. What is spirit exactly?