The real disciples of Jesus

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

The real disciples of Jesus

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

At Matthew 28:19-20--Shows who are the ones taking the lead who have Jesus and who are his real disciples. It says (those taking the lead) will teach them( real disciples) to observe ALL that Jesus commanded.
That means they teach every single teaching without fail. That means the real disciples learn and apply every single teaching without fail.
Here is a super important teaching Every true follower already knows by heart---Matthew 6:33- Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added.( sustenance, covering, spirituality) Matt 6)

So all can look at the ones taking the lead to see if they have Jesus and at self to see if they listen to Jesus. Because they have already taught Matt 6:33 just like above to the ones called the flock, don't you agree? Remember Jesus said-- I am the way, truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me.--The Father( YHWH(Jehovah) is the destination for every true disciple--To accomplish this 24/7-365--John 4:22-24
Do you do that?

tam
Savant

Re: The real disciples of Jesus

Post #2

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:19 pm At Matthew 28:19-20--Shows who are the ones taking the lead who have Jesus and who are his real disciples. It says (those taking the lead) will teach them( real disciples) to observe ALL that Jesus commanded.
Christ says (to the apostles) to teach them (the disciples) to observe ALL that Christ commanded them (the apostles). Yes! ALL that Christ commanded them.
That means they teach every single teaching without fail.
Yes!! EVERY SINGLE TEACHING without fail.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

YES.

(Matt 26:26; John 13:14; 1Corinth 11:23-26)
That means the real disciples learn and apply every single teaching without fail.
Yes... (I mean, none of us are perfect and we do fail at times even when we want to do right, but thankfully we have a high priest to intercede on our behalf when we do; whose blood covers us so that we are forgiven in Him).

Here is a super important teaching Every true follower already knows by heart---Matthew 6:33- Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added.( sustenance, covering, spirituality) Matt 6)
Yes, meaning that in all things we seek the righteousness of GOD. That HE is righteous in all that He says and all that HE does.
So all can look at the ones taking the lead to see if they have Jesus and at self to see if they listen to Jesus.
It is not about looking to men who are 'taking the lead', because we are supposed to be looking to Christ and keeping our eyes upon Him, listening to Him. But we can certainly test those who claim to be leaders to see if they are listening to Christ and teaching the disciples to obey ALL that He commanded (the apostles).
Because they have already taught Matt 6:33 just like above to the ones called the flock, don't you agree?
Christ taught what is recorded at Matt 6:33. But that is indeed something we can remind one another OF.
Remember Jesus said-- I am the way, truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me.
Indeed.
--The Father( YHWH(Jehovah) is the destination for every true disciple--To accomplish this 24/7-365--John 4:22-24
Do you do that?
Worship in spirit and in truth (and therefore through Christ)?

Yes, there is no other way.

Peace again to you and thank you for sharing this,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

Of the 63 Bibles I checked none said a thing about anyone taking the lead. Nor do any of them mention "real" disciples.

So, I'm wondering just what Bible you're using.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:19 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:19 pm At Matthew 28:19-20--Shows who are the ones taking the lead who have Jesus and who are his real disciples. It says (those taking the lead) will teach them( real disciples) to observe ALL that Jesus commanded.
Christ says (to the apostles) to teach them (the disciples) to observe ALL that Christ commanded them (the apostles). Yes! ALL that Christ commanded them.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

YES.

That means the real disciples learn and apply every single teaching without fail.
Yes... (I mean, none of us are perfect and we do fail at times even when we want to do right, but thankfully we have a high priest to intercede on our behalf when we do; whose blood covers us so that we are forgiven in Him).

Yes, meaning that in all things we seek the righteousness of GOD. That HE is righteous in all that He says and all that HE does.
So all can look at the ones taking the lead to see if they have Jesus and at self to see if they listen to Jesus.
It is not about looking to men who are 'taking the lead', because we are supposed to be looking to Christ and keeping our eyes upon Him, listening to Him. But we can certainly test those who claim to be leaders to see if they are listening to Christ and teaching the disciples to obey ALL that He commanded (the apostles).
Because they have already taught Matt 6:33 just like above to the ones called the flock, don't you agree?
Christ taught what is recorded at Matt 6:33. But that is indeed something we can remind one another OF.
Remember Jesus said-- I am the way, truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me.
Indeed.
--The Father( YHWH(Jehovah) is the destination for every true disciple--To accomplish this 24/7-365--John 4:22-24
Do you do that?

tammy

Jesus is head of the congregation. Col 1:18) And the bible directs one to listen to the ones taking the lead, just as if listening to Jesus and God-Luke 10:16)
At John 4:22-24--Jesus starts with a warning that all other gods are false and directs the true disciples to worship the Father( not Father, son and holy spirit) in spirit and truth.
Another warning Jesus gave toall at John 15:20-21--That some(thinking they were standing up for Jesus) would do things against the true followers-Why? Because they did not know-the one who sent him= Father. And Jesus was 100% clear at John 17:3--The one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:26 pm Of the 63 Bibles I checked none said a thing about anyone taking the lead. Nor do any of them mention "real" disciples.

Matt 28:19--go make disciples.

Miles
Savant

Post #6

Post by Miles »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:50 pm
Miles wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:26 pm Of the 63 Bibles I checked none said a thing about anyone taking the lead. Nor do any of them mention "real" disciples.

Yes, most of the Bibles I looked at do mention disciples, but none of them emphasize they are "real" disciples, implying there are, or may be, unreal (phony?) disciples roaming around.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #7

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:13 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:50 pm

Yes, most of the Bibles I looked at do mention disciples, but none of them emphasize they are "real" disciples, implying there are, or may be, unreal (phony?) disciples roaming around.

Have you never heard this verse?
"Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves." Matt 7:15

Or how about...

"However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves." 2 Pet 2:1

Or

"Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’ Matt 7:22, 23

Not only are they just 'roaming around' the world but they started roaming around in the 1st century congregations. Eventually they outnumbered the real disciples. Today, they still do. Even those that are not religious or even believe in God see that many of those that call themselves disciples do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.

tam
Savant

Post #8

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:48 pm
tam wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:19 pm Peace to you,

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

YES.

Indeed.
Do you do that?

tammy

Jesus is head of the congregation. Col 1:18) And the bible directs one to listen to the ones taking the lead, just as if listening to Jesus and God-Luke 10:16)
At John 4:22-24--Jesus starts with a warning that all other gods are false and directs the true disciples to worship the Father( not Father, son and holy spirit) in spirit and truth.
Christ is speaking TO the disciples at Luke 10:16. He is not commanding the disciples to listen to other disciples 'taking the lead'. Disciples are to listen to Christ. Is that not one of His commands?

Either way, if the ones 'taking the lead' are NOT teaching ALL that Christ commanded, EVERY SINGLE THING, how then can they be true disciples of and from Christ? Is that not the point of your thread?
Another warning Jesus gave toall at John 15:20-21--That some(thinking they were standing up for Jesus) would do things against the true followers-Why? Because they did not know-the one who sent him= Father. And Jesus was 100% clear at John 17:3--The one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.

Indeed.

Christ (Jaheshua) also said: "Why do you call me Lord, Lord, yet do not do what I say?"

Peace again to you,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Eloi »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:50 pmMatt 28:19--go make disciples.
YESSSS.

Jesus said: "And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." (Matt. 28:20) ... with the ones doing that work, not with the wannabes nor with the imposters, nor with the enemies of his brothers. He clearly said:

Luke 10:16 “Whoever listens to you listens to me. And whoever disregards you disregards me also. Moreover, whoever disregards me disregards also Him who sent me.”

He sent his brothers to continue his work and it is they who must be listened to and respected as sent by Christ. Jesus is not giving particular revelations to lone rangers who think they are prophets.

Matt. 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat; and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.’ 44 Then they too will answer with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

And who are the ones doing that work, and with whom is Jesus to the end?

Not the tammies, that's for sure. :D
Last edited by Eloi on Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Eloi »

No other group of Christians recognized the end of the Gentile times in 1914, when Jesus was enthroned in heaven and the enemies of the kingdom cast down. None stood firm in preaching against false teachings despite opposition from the religious leaders of the day... Only the group of International Bible Students (later JWs) did, and Jesus noticed that group and accepted it as his own. He has been cleaning us ever since, and has blessed our efforts. Beginning in 1919 we completely separated from Babylon and its teachings, and we are no longer religiously or financially dependent on anyone, and we have made a great biblical worldwide education and being taking care of the international community that serves Jehovah ... as priorities. We have refined our principles and our beliefs in light of the Bible and have been serving Jehovah faithfully especially ever since.

Who is Jesus with? The blessings we receive from him and his support show that he is with us, and our enemies are his own enemies.

Just one example of his blessings: our official site (jw.org) is the most translated site on the entire web, into nearly 1075 languages, so that people of all those languages can access quality Biblical information. A site without advertising, free and secure, which costs us our money. How is it that we have been able to do for the kingdom of Christ what no one else in the world has been able to do, despite all the opposition we receive? Because Jesus is truly with us.

Our enemies are wannabes. PERIOD.