The real disciples of Jesus

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

The real disciples of Jesus

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

At Matthew 28:19-20--Shows who are the ones taking the lead who have Jesus and who are his real disciples. It says (those taking the lead) will teach them( real disciples) to observe ALL that Jesus commanded.
That means they teach every single teaching without fail. That means the real disciples learn and apply every single teaching without fail.
Here is a super important teaching Every true follower already knows by heart---Matthew 6:33- Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added.( sustenance, covering, spirituality) Matt 6)

So all can look at the ones taking the lead to see if they have Jesus and at self to see if they listen to Jesus. Because they have already taught Matt 6:33 just like above to the ones called the flock, don't you agree? Remember Jesus said-- I am the way, truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me.--The Father( YHWH(Jehovah) is the destination for every true disciple--To accomplish this 24/7-365--John 4:22-24
Do you do that?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: The real disciples of Jesus

Post #51

Post by 2timothy316 »

Miles wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:21 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:42 pm
Miles wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:21 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:04 am
Miles wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:45 pm
Well, for one thing, this isn't normal speech, but a Biblical verse we're talking about.
This is where many go wrong. There is no reason to think this.
But there is. Normal speech can be filled with all kinds of irregular usages, colloquialisms, mistaken utterances, unintentional flubs, etc. Whereas Biblical scripture is often considered to be god's indelible word, which is "breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,. " Where "Every word of God proves true;" Normal speech is never accorded such status.
What was written is in the past. You're wanting something to be written as if it was said today. This is a completely unreasonable expectation.
I would agree if I ever said I expected such a thing, but I never have. However, as long as you bring up your rather odd conclusion, please justify it. That I'm "

My conclusion is not odd yours is and one can't justify anything to one that is not willing to reason. I'll let the reader judge your unreasonable position.

Miles
Savant

Post #52

Post by Miles »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:28 pm
Miles wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:21 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:42 pm
Miles wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:21 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:04 am
Miles wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:45 pm
Well, for one thing, this isn't normal speech, but a Biblical verse we're talking about.
This is where many go wrong. There is no reason to think this.
But there is. Normal speech can be filled with all kinds of irregular usages, colloquialisms, mistaken utterances, unintentional flubs, etc. Whereas Biblical scripture is often considered to be god's indelible word, which is "breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,. " Where "Every word of God proves true;" Normal speech is never accorded such status.
What was written is in the past. You're wanting something to be written as if it was said today. This is a completely unreasonable expectation.
I would agree if I ever said I expected such a thing, but I never have. However, as long as you bring up your rather odd conclusion, please justify it. That I'm "
My conclusion is not odd yours is and one can't justify anything to one that is not willing to reason.
If that's going to be your lame excuse for backing out of my request, so be it. But at least justify it to all the other folk who read your posts, lest they think you're a coward.

C'mon 2timothy316. Justify your conclusion. You can do it. Justify your assertion that I'm "wanting something to be written as if it was said today." Prove to your readership that you're no coward.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #53

Post by onewithhim »

WinkyDinky wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:12 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:04 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:09 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:08 pm [Replying to WinkyDinky in post #38]
You just want to find fault, it seems. Someone asks you a perfectly fine question and you just chuckle in your coffee and ignore the request. Strange.
How hard was it for you to find any fault with anything I have posted?
In post #35 I asked you to show me where I contradicted myself, and you just laughed. You didn't kindly explain to me what you meant, because I didn't have a clue as to what you meant.
It is meaningless to the objective of the debate.
It is of no value to me to spend the time it will consume
from me to prove myself over you. I retract it. Now we are good.
You did not contradict yourself. I am good with it. We can just go solely on the merit of your statement
I said you contradicted yourself. I still win.
No you don't. You still have not told me why you think I contradicted myself. If you refuse, the discussion cannot go forward.

otseng
Savant

Post #54

Post by otseng »

Miles wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:12 pm lest they think you're a coward.
Prove to your readership that you're no coward.

:warning: Moderator Warning

Please debate without insinuating others.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #55

Post by WinkyDinky »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:19 pm At Matthew 28:19-20--Shows who are the ones taking the lead who have Jesus and who are his real disciples. It says (those taking the lead) will teach them( real disciples) to observe ALL that Jesus commanded.
That means they teach every single teaching without fail. That means the real disciples learn and apply every single teaching without fail.
Here is a super important teaching Every true follower already knows by heart---Matthew 6:33- Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added.( sustenance, covering, spirituality) Matt 6)

So all can look at the ones taking the lead to see if they have Jesus and at self to see if they listen to Jesus. Because they have already taught Matt 6:33 just like above to the ones called the flock, don't you agree? Remember Jesus said-- I am the way, truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me.--The Father( YHWH(Jehovah) is the destination for every true disciple--To accomplish this 24/7-365--John 4:22-24
Do you do that?
Are you a disciple of Christ?
Yes or no?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #56

Post by WinkyDinky »

2timothy316 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:36 am
Miles wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:13 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:50 pm
Miles wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:26 pm Of the 63 Bibles I checked none said a thing about anyone taking the lead. Nor do any of them mention "real" disciples.

So, I'm wondering just what Bible you're using.

Matt 28:19--go make disciples.
Yes, most of the Bibles I looked at do mention disciples, but none of them emphasize they are "real" disciples, implying there are, or may be, unreal (phony?) disciples roaming around.

Have you never heard this verse?
"Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves." Matt 7:15

Or how about...

"However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves." 2 Pet 2:1

Or

"Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’ Matt 7:22, 23

Not only are they just 'roaming around' the world but they started roaming around in the 1st century congregations. Eventually they outnumbered the real disciples. Today, they still do. Even those that are not religious or even believe in God see that many of those that call themselves disciples do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Yes or no?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #57

Post by WinkyDinky »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:38 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:42 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:30 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:44 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:35 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:03 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:53 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:29 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:24 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:18 pm You pray that you("I am") are what?

Part of the 1% who can live righteous according to Gods view. At 1 John 3 it shows who are Gods children and who are the devils children. It says-- Its impossible for a child of God to practice even 1 sin. Means all who practice 1 sin are not Gods children. The blind guides go around assuring those who practice sin--you are saved. But its not truth. Those seek the tithe. They tickle ears for it.
You praying for it to happen to you, is that because you are at this present time,
not part of the 1% and you desire to be part of it, if not then why do you have to ask God for something
to be, if you already are it?

No one can win without God on their side.
That is why I never ever lose. Not even against you.

Few on earth know God. Many claim to follow his son but do not even know what he actually taught. Its hard to obey when one doesn't know what he actually taught.
That is why it is written:

John 18:37
Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you,
and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth y
you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you,
ye shall abide in him.

The only anointed ones are the little flock( Luke 12:32) = 144,000= the bride of Christ=Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6
The anointing within you is the Spirit. The Spirit of truth. You are wrong again.
I am not going to bother quoting from the bible, you can find it and already know it is in it.
That's right, it is a spiritual anointing. There are about 20,000 anointed brothers of Christ that still live on this earth. They have been assured by God's Spirit that they are anointed. Almost 9 million other JWs know that they are NOT anointed, and have a desire to live in Paradise on Earth. The Spirit did not act with their spirit to tell them they will rule with Christ. There are distinct groups here, the anointed spiritual co-rulers of Christ and those that long to live on Earth in paradise conditions.
Yes or no?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #58

Post by kjw47 »

WinkyDinky wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:40 am
kjw47 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:19 pm At Matthew 28:19-20--Shows who are the ones taking the lead who have Jesus and who are his real disciples. It says (those taking the lead) will teach them( real disciples) to observe ALL that Jesus commanded.

Do you do that?
Yes or no?

I pray i am, but many can fool themselves into thinking they are-Matt 7:22-23

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #59

Post by WinkyDinky »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:13 pm

Do you do that?
Yes or no?

This sounds like you have some doubt about it.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #60

Post by kjw47 »

WinkyDinky wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:54 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:13 pm

Do you do that?
Yes or no?

This sounds like you have some doubt about it.

The bible teaches--beware if you think you are standing strong. One can only do their best living now to do Jesus' Fathers will, but can fail as well as Jesus showed at Matt 7:21-23--I pray i am standing. Few realize not only is there a table of God but a table of demons as well in existence. 1 Cor 10:21)- Satan has mislead many like this-2Cor 11:12-15--he can use love, sharing whatever to get one to partake off his table and most don't even know they are. He has 99% mislead.